Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 593
USD 454
  • Restaurant
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
USD 323
USD 251
Agoda.com
USD 764
1,353 results
All reviewsphilippe starckarc de triomphela cuisineclarins spail carpacciogallery suitesignature suiteindoor poolmacaroonsconcierge servicestunning hotelwalk in closetmodern designexecutive roombreakfast buffet isfour seasonsbeautiful room
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I have to sadly report that after my 9th stay at the Royal Monceau, the experience has gone down-hill quite a bit.

Upon arrival at 19:30 on a Friday night ready for a delightful weekend in Paris with my partner, the reception confirmed I was allocated a quiet ‘deluxe room’ in the private area of the hotel. I stayed there once, it is in the area where the hotel has all the premium suites, but I could remember that I did not like the room and had signalled it clearly when I left. Unfortunately we were put exactly in that same room again, #343. I immediately mentioned that I did not like the room, but the gentlemen who accompanied us told me it was the last room they had available.
In a nutshell, the room has no bathroom (for those who know, the Royal Monceau bathrooms are exquisite even in the regular rooms) but instead this one has a single wash tub and a shower pretty much part of the room...storage is dismal. In essence, the way I see it, this is an add-on room for the large adjacent suite for the staff/nanny...not a deluxe room, far from it.

Upon my discontent, the gentleman at reception told me he would call me back to see if they had another room available...we stayed put...After 10 minutes, a lady called me back to say that unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked for the night and there was nothing she could do but promised me that she would let me know if a better deluxe room would become available for the second night...it was the last time I heard of her/the reception.

Again, having stayed at the hotel 8 times before, I knew how a good deluxe room looks like and 343 was not it...so very disappointed.

The next morning, we pitched up for breakfast in the main room at 10:25...just to hear that breakfast would stop at 10:30, so we had 5 minutes to pick from the buffet...what is this? Weekend, 10:30 breakfast is over, I have never heard of this in my entire luxury hotels stays...so we ended up having breakfast in the lounge area...

Generally, we went to the lounge area twice for drinks and here again, I am sad to report that some tables were left dirty on both occasions, but we managed to find a clean one thankfully...service was somewhat erratic....

The final disappointment came on a Sunday, when we came back from a lovely walk at 4:30pm and were looking forward to a nice relaxed late lunch before departure, to be told that the lounge now exclusively served a tea menu...ie just cakes, nothing savoury....I am all for an afternoon tea menu, why not, but why cut off the normal menu, this is 2017 and people want to eat what they want at the hour they want, this is why you stay in a 5 star hotel!! Ridiculous...

One thing that is still excellent is the concierge team who were flawless in organising everything outside of the hotel, well done.

So in conclusion, our stay was a total miss, really annoyed by this ongoing policy of allocating the worse rooms to clients who check in late, particularly that I am a recurring client and specifically mentioned I did not want this room anymore...and what is suppose to be a pleasant downstairs experience is now messed up as well for the reasons I mentioned...next time, Plaza Athene, Shangri-La or Crillon (etc) will surely deliver better than this...mr. [-], I strongly recommend you spent some time brushing up on some of these details to get back on top of the game!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank evanlaer
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Sir,

Further to your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, I would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your impressions this morning.

The entire team of Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris strives to provide excellent service and your valuable feedback enables us to improve the quality and consistency of our service delivery.
However, it is also with thorough attention that I heard about your remarks regarding your overall experience with us.
It is essential that each guest enjoy a restful stay while coming to the Royal Monceau and I am truly sorry we did not succeed on this occasion.
Please accept our most sincere and renewed apologies for the inconvenience these unfortunate events may have caused.

Thank you for your stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back soon to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I went there at the bar for drinks with a friend.
I like the place, even if I am not a big fan of the lobby and decoration of the common areas. The bar is calm and quite and is a nice place to sit, have a glass and talk.
I tried some of their gins and champagne and it was good.
Pros: the ambiance, even if that is a Palace, it stays simple and nice. There is a smoking room inside, nice touch and I think this is the only Palace offering this in Paris.
Cons: Waiters took my glass off the table when it was not totally empty.
The bar was really empty too.
I would still recommend that beautiful place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Océane,

Many thanks for those glowing lines! It’s a real pleasure to read that for you recommend our Bar Long for its decoration, ambiance and quality.

The entire team of Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris is very proud to have anticipated your wishes. Your compliments will encourage us to thrive to become even better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris very soon.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Excelente service. The staff is very kind. The hotel is beautiful, elegant, chic and original. The room is wonderful, you feel like it is your home. Magnificent restaurants. I enjoyed the cinema and an the Art Gallery. it is amazing!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soniaper2003
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Sonia,

Our team and I are honored by such a glowing review!
We are extremely happy to be considered as “The best hotel of the world” and sincerely thank you for your loyalty.

Your recognition is the best reward for dedicated team. We are most grateful for your recommendation and for your compliments on the restaurants, decoration and Art Gallery.

On behalf of all of us here at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we already look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

It was my first time at the hotel and was a bit disappointing!
First the laundry was missing for 2days.....
The room service was very slow... min 45 minutes to have even a simple expresso!
The staff was very kind though!
Missing attention to detail...
Food was good but expensive!
Room was a bit disappointing even decorated by Stark!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear JLPSCOSTA,

Thank you for your recent post on Tripadvisor and for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

I read you post with great attention and highly value your feeback, as we constantly thrive to meet perfection, I apologize that we were not able to deliver this to you. I would like to follow up personally with you to better understand and get further details.

In the meantime I send you my very best wishes and remain sincerely yours,

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Hotel location near the Arc Triumph is excellent. The restaurant breakfast and Japanese lunch were excellent. The pool is 23m long for lap swimmers. The room and bathroom are full of mirrors, typically of Philippe Starck design. The upgraded junior suite on top floor was low ceiling, with dormers and awkwardly positioned beds and Tv's.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with raffles.com

Dear Yuenry,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor after your recent sojourn at Le Royal Monceau in Paris.

I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your Parisian stay with us and that my team took wonderful care of you and that the quality and service of the Hotel played an important role in making it a memorable one. Rest assured that I will transmit your kind comments to the entire team who will certainly be very thrilled of it.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us on your next visit to Paris.

With my very best personal wishes,