Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon
  • Breakfast included
USD 308
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
USD 326
USD 451
USD 373
  • Room Service
3,070 results
All reviewsswimming pooltrain stationexecutive roomearly trainfamily roomsouth of francesofa bedconvenient locationexcellent locationstayed here for nightsmini barmain attractionscroissantseiffel towergarerertoilet
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I stayed here for 1 night while travelling through France.

The hotel was relatively easy to find and situated right next to Paris Gare de Lyon. The hotel's reception staff were all very welcoming and proficient in English as well as most other European languages. I had arrived a bit early but the hotel has a storage room for luggage etc which they allow you to use free of charge.

I upgraded to an executive room for only a small fee when I checked in. It was modern and well equipped with a TV, safe, hairdryer in the bathroom etc.

Later in the evening I decided to have a swim in the hotel's swimming pool and was surprised to discover that it is open 24 hours.

No complaints, really. Very good!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Lenormand-S, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear Jay,
I thank you sincerely for your detailed review regarding your stay.
The hotel is indeed situated a few steps away from the railway station and the exit number 9 from the inside of the station is the best one to reach quickly and easily the hotel.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We stayed four nights with our two children (9 & 11) on a vacation in Paris. When you walk out the exit of Hall 2 of the Gare de Lyon station, you will be at the hotel with no streets to cross (It took us two days to learn to use that exit.) The staff was helpful and friendly, and service was good relative to many of our other experiences in Paris. The hotel is good for children, and the pool was great for our children. The Novotel Paris map we got at reception was absolutely perfect for our combination of Metro Riding and walking around Paris. The hotel public areas and our room were quite clean.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear SuchiMan17,
Thank you for your comment and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed every part of your stay in my hotel. Indeed, our situation is ideal for reaching every main sites in Paris within a few minutes. Our swimming pool, open 24/24 7/7 is a joy for young and old...
I hope to welcome you soon and again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Staff were all great and brilliant with kids. Pool is a great bonus - kids loved it at the end of the day. Breakfast was also very good with a wide range of options (and lots of Nutella!). Ate in the restaurant on one night and the food was good. Overall very impressed and would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Lenormand-S, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Courtneymarsh,
Your comment is very rewarding for my team and I and we thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.
We hope to welcome you soon and again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I had stayed for 2 days in Novotel paris gare de lyon with family and its very near to paris gare de lyon station.Hotel interiors is good and bathroom is good .For a family of 2 adults and 2 kids u might feel slight discomfort if u be in hotel for whole day other wise its good for stay.You can travel from gare de lyon metro station line a towards Disneyland and its very easy.Hotel interiors and rooms are very good and u have Ac in the room.All in all we enjoyed our stay in the hotel and incase if u carry heavy luggages u need to take along with you inside the room as the don't have any bell boy.One can look to stay if their purpose is near paris gare de lyon station and if u wana go to effiel tower stil u can travel by paris gare de lyon metro station and change a line from another station .Will recommend to fellow travellers if they choose this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Lenormand-S, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Ajithbokdia,
I sincerely thank you for sharing your experience in my hotel and most of all for recommending the Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon on Trip Advisor.
I take the opportunity to inform you that the reception staff is always ready to assist you for your luggage so do not hesitate to contact the reception desk.
I look forward to welcoming you soon and again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I liked the smart modernity of this hotel, which has quiet, clean and well arranged rooms. We felt on reflection it wasn't quite right for us with 2 younger teenagers, but it would have been great a few years ago when they were at an earlier stage. The hotel makes a lot of effort with children, including a separate breakfast room for families, with peripatetic magicians, balloon sculptors and pirates to entertain them at your table! And if you are at the stage where you want a family room, these are readily available. However, it's more awkward when you want 2 separate rooms - there are no interconnecting rooms. We had booked a room with a small terrace, with a different room type for the lads, but when we got there these were on different floors, and we didn't like the idea of being so far away from each other (nor did the boys). So we had to abandon our terrace room, which was a shame. The staff were very helpful sorting this out on arrival, but it would have been better if it had all be explained before we got there.

The swimming pool is very disappointing - pretty small, and not surprisingly full of young children. There is nowhere to get changed properly (just a small communal space with a few lockers) which doesn't help.

On the plus side, the breakfasts were good with a wide range of food (though my wife was much aggrieved one morning when someone nicked her egg after it had been cooking for 8 minutes in the egg-boiling contraption - lesson: always keep an eye on your egg and don't wander off!).

The location is fine - there's a metro station close by by within the Gare de Lyon, and if you're actually travelling on from that station (as we were) it is a very convenient choice. There's a fair number of decent eating places in the vicinity, though we preferred to walk a little further to the bustling Biercy village for lively evenings out. The high line (disused railway) is also close by for an interesting walk with views over the rooftops.

So: many good features, but not quite right for our particular family.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Wyvernian

Dear Wyvenian,
I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback following your stay in my hotel.
I understand your disappointment regarding the room and please accept my sincerest apologies.
We do have a few interconnecting rooms which had to be booked in advance but unfortunately this room type does not exist for rooms with terrace.
I remain at your disposal.