“Perfect for us”
Review of Hotel Beaugency

Hotel Beaugency
Ranked #839 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for six nights. I had a two day meeting near the airport, and this location was perfect for my wife to be safely on her own during that time. The hotel is a very short block from Rue Cler, a charming pedestrian street of cafes and shops (cheese, vegetables, sea food, bakery, butcher shop and more). It's also only a few minutes walk to the subway, which means you are close to everything in Paris. The hotel information in the room provided a list of recommended restaurants close by. We tried a number of these for dinner, and they were excellent (all within a 4-8 minute walk - great when you can hardly move after a day around the city)!

The size of the room was as we had expected for a Paris hotel in this price range, and the bathroom was spacious and modern. The elevator was small, also expected in a Paris hotel, but fit the two of us. We appreciated the free WiFi in the room, and the daily English language newspaper in the small lobby (several comfortable sofas there encouraged us to spend some relaxing time). The staff always said hello, and was helpful when needed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric L

Reviewed 30 November 2011

The location is all worth the money. it is just 10 minute walk to Eiffel tower.The rooms are small but you expect that in EU.

The bathroom is good and clean. Breakfast served was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We couldn't have asked for a better location, but this hotel had very little else in its favor. Other reviewers have expanded on the excellent location so I will agree and move on. The breakfast at 9 francs is grossly overpriced. There was no way to get coffee in the room. The elevator was a joke. Although it worked, it was the approximate size of a phone booth. My husband put me and the suitcases in the elevator and walked up the stairs to meet me at the room. While the day staff was helpful, the night clerk was rude and useless. We don't have experience with other hotels in that area so this may be the norm, but if we return to Paris, we will look for another hotel in the same general neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This little hotel fit the bill of being centrally located; within easy walking distance to the Rue Cler, Eiffel Tower, Seine River, Metro, and much more. This was a great fine for us to experience Paris for the first time. The room was small, but it was clean enough. It even had a little elevator, which only fit one petite person and their luggages, but it's better than not having one. We had a room on the 5th floor which faced the Rue Cler and provided a partial view of the city and a wall. Not so thrilled on the view. My only little caveat about the room was the tall bathtub because it was higher than normal, I’d slipped and bruised myself stepping down from it. Not that I’m blaming the hotel for my clumsiness.

Really can’t complain considering it was reasonably priced, and we like most tourist didn’t spend much time in the room. The staff spoke English and was helpful. On the other hand, the continental breakfast was overpriced and not worth it. Right outside the hotel were wonderful bakeries and crepes. The restaurants along the Rue Cler also offered great Happy Hour deals. I would definitely stay here again the next time that I’m in Paris and recommend it. I just love the location! It really added to my romantic Paris experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room on a higher level and with a better view. The lower level would be too noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank psun21
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The room was post stamp size but clean and the bathroom was very functional. We knew the room would be small but we chose the hotel for location and price. It was just steps away from Rue Cler. This was our first time in Paris and we had so much to see that we did not spend alot of time in room. The bed was very comfortable. It may well have been pure exhaustion but my husband and I got our best sleep of the trip here. Staff was friendly.
The macaroons and chocolate croissants from the nearby bakery on Rue Cler are to die for. Do not pass them up!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple