See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

First i reserved a room with a double bed and they try to give us two single beds after an argument with the owner ,that told me he makes the laws here,he ended up giving us a double bed,then i was in the bed talking to my wife naked when a guy opens the door immediately after knocking catching us naked ,pervert pricks,avoid like the plague,lock your room from inside this way

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We think that the value for money is super!!
We paid 120 € each for 6 nights at Hibiscus Hotel.
The room was extremely small but liveble.
The bathroom was in the room and It was pretty clean even if the plumbs didn' t work so well, probably they were dirty. However, this didn' t prevent us to do anything(having shower, Brushing teeth, exc.). They change towels only when dirty, but this is what to expect from a 2 stars hotel that you pay 40€ per night! Bring your own shampoo because you' ll not find it there.
Hibiscus Hotel, as you can see in the map, is in the very centre of Paris. It is 40 m distant from the metro station "Republique".
Don't be afraid to be locked out, even if the receptionist isn't there, the main door is always open.
Very good, recommended for young people with no claims.
I wouldn' t suggest it to families because of the very small rooms and the uncomfortable stairs.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Rooms where cleaned every day staff are helpful.. You have to buy Wi-Fi.. Great place to stay if you want to eat out for every meal as they don't have any services.. Not even a Jug or cup.. Close to food and shops a short walk away.. I don't mind no extras.. So I'd stay there again..

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This hotel has some terrible reviews on here, but, as they say, you get what you pay for. I was a little doubtful when I arrived, as customer service was non existent and the concierge was taciturn to say the least. The stairs are spiral and narrow, but obviously original and in desperate need of decorating. My room was also in need of decorating too, preferably in a lighter colour. However it was clean and functional. The bathroom was spotless. Someone must have come in every day because towels were changed or the bin had been emptied. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and also spotless. I had a double room for single occupancy so had plenty of room. As for noise which others have commented on, this is a city location and everything doesn’t stop for visitors. Yes, there are furniture delivered outside in the early morning, but I am an early riser so wasn’t bothered. Really handy for the metro and a characterful neighbourhood. There are no souvenir shops so that is a fair indication of the type of area it is and I mean that in a positive way. All in all, a reasonable place to stay.
I have tried to fill in the rating below, but it doesn’t work. However, 3 for service, 3 for room and 5 for value.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We booked a 3 day stay at Hibiscus. When we arrived at night, the reception clerk struggled to find our reservation, and when he finally did and we went up to the 4th floor, to our room, we found a rat running from under our door! If that weren't enough, the place was not very clean at all: inside the room and and the common areas.
We came back down, discussed this with the clerk, and he actually said "if the rat ran away, everything's ok!". He gave us no options, and told us there were no vacancies for that night, and that we were to go speak to him the day after, and there could maybe be some vacancies...
When we said we were afraid of staying, that we were thinking of leaving and that we wanted to make a formal complaint, he told us that we should do whatever we wanted, and if we were to leave, we should have left already.
We ended up losing the money we paid, but sure could not stay there!

Date of stay: September 2017