“Little hôtel, brilliant expérience”
Review of Hotel Le Clement

Hotel Le Clement
Ranked #494 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at Le Clément during my easter vacation in Paris. The hotel has a perfect location, near the RER- and metro stations and surrounded by lots of cafes, restaurants, boutiques and general parisian athmosphere, but still far away from the massive tourist blocks. The hotel is clean, though floors are covered with wall-to-wall carpet, even in the stairwells (asthmatics must note this!). The staff is extremely nice, professional and helpful. Rooms are quite small, but that is a fact every Paris tourer should keep in mind when booking any hotel. In the other towns one might expect to get what one is paying for, but in Paris you will just pay, whatsoever. But that's allright, one is in Paris, after all.

Bathroom was roomy and clean; sounds from next room could be heard clearly, so the ear plugs are strongly recommended. As is this hotel in general. I will definitely stay in Le Clément next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hanna-Maija

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Perfect location easily walk to the Seine, Norte Dame, Jardin du Luxembourg ect. Free Wifi was handy and could have used their laptop in reception for free. Would avoid the breakfast which is an extra at 12 euro each. Across the Road was a little cafe for 6 euro we both had a fresh coffee and pastry. Which was a lot nicer.
Hotel staff very helpful booked taxis aswell as Moulin Rouge through them which was brilliant

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MikeCSussex
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed in a superior room for three nights on the 5th floor with a great view of St Sulpice. The room was lovely, very french and had huge double windows that opened inwards.
The service was brilliant from the reception staff, we couldn't have asked for more.
The best thing about this hotel is the fact that it's smack bang in the middle of St Germain, just a few metres back from the boulevard. You only have to walk out of the door and you have restaurants galore. We stayed over a weekend and it was really noisy with all of the restaurants below at night but nothing we couldn't sleep through.
Loved it, we will definitely stay here again when we are back in Paris.

Room Tip: Choose a superior for awesome views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank spurtlegirl
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I had problems trying to book at Hotel Le Clement when I was trying to do it on line so I ended up calling. I was very disappointed to find out that there were no vacancies available for the four days I was going to be in Paris. They did say that they had a very small room for one person but that they did not post information about those rooms on the website. I went ahead and reserved the room and afterwards several friends who were familiar with Paris told me that it was a bad idea, that the rooms would be minute, and I wouldn't be happy.I wasn't able to find anything else in the St. Germaine area that interested me so I went ahead and kept the reservation. I was very surprised to find that I liked the room. It was tiny but also was charming and comfortable. Since this was my first time in Paris the central location, within walking distance of the Luxembourg Gardens, the Sienne and Notre Dame, was perfect. It happened to be unseasonably warm in Paris the week I was there and I will say that it did get noisy with an open window at night but usually calmed down about 11 pm or so. The staff was helpful,and arranged for my very early Saturday morning trip to the airport. I had a great time.

Room Tip: Not on the street side of the building if possible. For a solo traveler who plans to be out of the r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank NancyinMD
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is an adorable little hotel in a great area of Paris. It is in walking distance of all major sights, and the hotel itself is quite charming. It is not super fancy by any means, but feels quite French and traditional. It was FABULOUS for us to have the room with two bedrooms (I think they call it a junior suite). Our two year old slept quite soundly in the very small bedroom (it had it's own door) and we were able to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening with the windows wide open. The room itself was interesting, when you walked in it was a tiny hallway with two very small bedrooms off of it. Our room (the larger one) was a decent size. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to any family looking for reasonably priced Paris lodging.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family