“Brilliant Hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Clement

Hotel Le Clement
Ranked #650 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Perfect location easily walk to the Seine, Norte Dame, Jardin du Luxembourg ect. Free Wifi was handy and could have used their laptop in reception for free. Would avoid the breakfast which is an extra at 12 euro each. Across the Road was a little cafe for 6 euro we both had a fresh coffee and pastry. Which was a lot nicer.
Hotel staff very helpful booked taxis aswell as Moulin Rouge through them which was brilliant

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MikeCSussex
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Clement

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed in a superior room for three nights on the 5th floor with a great view of St Sulpice. The room was lovely, very french and had huge double windows that opened inwards.
The service was brilliant from the reception staff, we couldn't have asked for more.
The best thing about this hotel is the fact that it's smack bang in the middle of St Germain, just a few metres back from the boulevard. You only have to walk out of the door and you have restaurants galore. We stayed over a weekend and it was really noisy with all of the restaurants below at night but nothing we couldn't sleep through.
Loved it, we will definitely stay here again when we are back in Paris.

Room Tip: Choose a superior for awesome views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank spurtlegirl
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I had problems trying to book at Hotel Le Clement when I was trying to do it on line so I ended up calling. I was very disappointed to find out that there were no vacancies available for the four days I was going to be in Paris. They did say that they had a very small room for one person but that they did not post information about those rooms on the website. I went ahead and reserved the room and afterwards several friends who were familiar with Paris told me that it was a bad idea, that the rooms would be minute, and I wouldn't be happy.I wasn't able to find anything else in the St. Germaine area that interested me so I went ahead and kept the reservation. I was very surprised to find that I liked the room. It was tiny but also was charming and comfortable. Since this was my first time in Paris the central location, within walking distance of the Luxembourg Gardens, the Sienne and Notre Dame, was perfect. It happened to be unseasonably warm in Paris the week I was there and I will say that it did get noisy with an open window at night but usually calmed down about 11 pm or so. The staff was helpful,and arranged for my very early Saturday morning trip to the airport. I had a great time.

Room Tip: Not on the street side of the building if possible. For a solo traveler who plans to be out of the r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank NancyinMD
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is an adorable little hotel in a great area of Paris. It is in walking distance of all major sights, and the hotel itself is quite charming. It is not super fancy by any means, but feels quite French and traditional. It was FABULOUS for us to have the room with two bedrooms (I think they call it a junior suite). Our two year old slept quite soundly in the very small bedroom (it had it's own door) and we were able to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening with the windows wide open. The room itself was interesting, when you walked in it was a tiny hallway with two very small bedrooms off of it. Our room (the larger one) was a decent size. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to any family looking for reasonably priced Paris lodging.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank twnewton
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed here for the second time last september. My first time was back in 2005.
After trying unsuccessfully to book through their website, I wrote them an e-mail with a positive answer (there was one last room left after all).
It's still the same nice place and very well located.
It's not a modern hotel...very classic decor, but very confortable and cosy.
I saw here some complaints about the noise from bars and restaurants if you get a street side room like I did, but I couldn't hear a thing. But I have to mention that I got a top floor room.
The location is amazing: one block from Blvd Saint Germain and Rue de Buci, and less than 500 meter from Jardin du Luxembourg. Not to mention 2 very near subway stations from different lines to choose from.
This time I stayed here after a bike tour around France with The Chain Gang (a cycle tour company), and for next year, they kindly offered to keep my bags while I'm touring again by bike, so I don't need to carry all my luggage with me during that week. You know, you might need some nicer clothes when in Paris, that you don't need while cycling in the country.

Room Tip: Street side rooms: if it's not on the top floor, it might be noisy. Even though, a lot better th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo