“Excellent location, good value and service”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #393 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I chose this hotel for a family weekend trip and it turned out to be ideal.
Location. Excellent on several counts. Firstly, it's very close to Chatalet-Les Halles RER meaning 30 minutes from Charles de Gaulle airport with no changes of train. If you're coming by Eurostar, it's only 1 stop from Gare du Nord. Secondly, it's in a very attractive and lively area. Plenty of bars and restaurants close by and the Forum des Halles shopping centre. Finally, it's in walking distance of tourist hot spots like Notre Dame, Louvre, Latin Quarter and Galleries Lafayette.
Room. I chose an executive room for a family of 2 adults and one teenager. King size bed plus large sofa bed was just fine and there was still enough space for the room not to feel cramped. Great shower, the best feature of which was a window which went from frosted to clear at the touch of a button! Beds were all comfortable and air con kept it comfortable.
Facilities. There is a gym which looked pretty good, although I didn't use it. Very nice lobby and bar area, modern decor. Especially nice in the warm weather was the enclosed garden restaurant/ bar area. It was very peaceful, despite its city centre location.
Food. We only had breakfast. This was a good quality buffet with everything you'd normally expect in such a place. Plenty of everything and the selection was maintained throughout.
Service. I was very impressed with the attentive, polite and friendly attitude of all the staff. No complaints at all.
Price. Paris in not a cheap city to visit, so I was quite pleased to get this for about 260 Euros a night for 3 people including breakfast.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel for a tourist visit and would come again. At the moment, there are major roadworks outside, but we weren't disturbed by noise. When the project is complete, the setting will be more attractive, not that it's bad now.

Room Tip: Executive was a good size for 3. Could have managed 4 adults.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Menace
NovotellesHalles, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Menace,

We very much appreciate your comment regarding your stay at the Novotel Paris les Halles.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Paris Les Halles

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Access to the hotel is not simple as there is significant road work right in front of the hotel.
When I arrived I was given a room right beside the lift and overlooking the work area out front. The front desk obliged my request to move, and moved me to a room furthest away from the lift. Unfortunately, the WIFI was very poor in this room and I had to stand beside the door to get any reception. The Signal on the TV was intermittent in its operation a well.
I find it strange that a hotel that portrays itself as four stars only have plastic cups in their standard rooms, no glasses at all?
Some of the staff at the front, I felt, were average and cold, and I always seemed to be interrupting something else they were doing.
On checkout, although I had taken no items from the bar fridge (I had stored some goods in there) the hotel tried to charge me EUR5 per day for some reason - I think it charges you when the door opens??
Overall I would have expected a better experience from this chain. I don't think I will return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Max C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Paris les Halles. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Ideally located in the centre of Paris, with hundreds of restaurants within a 10 minute walk and in front of the Halles/Chatelet subway and RER complex, this is one of the better Novotels I have stayed in. Rooms are absolutely quiet (no street noise - ask for a garden view) and just refurbished to a high standard.
Breakfast is buffet with all choices one expects to find.

Room Tip: Garden view guarantees no disturbance from street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kris V,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Incredible location, very friendly staff and new rooms. If you are looking for a good place tô get to know Paris, this is your choice! Near the metro station Les Halles, near some good restaurants (like Brasseries Au Pied de Cochon or Le Chien qui Fume), near Notre Dame and near Pompidou...We went as a family of 3 and were not disappointed

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
NovotellesHalles, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Close to Metro, Les Halles Forum and many great Paris attractions and cafes. The hotel was our base of operations as we toured Paris for two weeks. Enjoyed the outdoor courtyard for the cocktail hour and dinner. Staff was very helpful with suggestions and making accommodations, reservations and inquiries. Hats off to Hugo!!!

Room Tip: We required an handicap accessible room. Roll in shower was great as were other features
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear goehrle,

Thank you for sharing your experience about the Novotel Paris Les Halles.
We very much appreciate your comment, it's always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback.