“A charming quiet flat in a perfect situation”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
acjbpembr...
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“A charming quiet flat in a perfect situation”
Reviewed 5 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We were delighted with this apartment. It was very comfortable with all the necessary equipment and remarkably quiet, in a charming courtyard off a small street crossing between the Rue Montmartre and the Rue du Louvre. It was a very short walk to the Louvre and to most of the things we wanted to see in Paris: the only time we took the Metro was to the Fondation Louis Vuitton. In fact over four days the two of us only got through one carnet of 10 tickets. Mme Martinn was delightful and left all sorts of good things in the refrigerator for us, and showed us where to shop for food in the Rue Montorgueil which a gastronomic paradise. We cannot recommend it too highly and should certainly like to come here again on our next visit to Paris.

6 Feb 2017
Bonjour, Thank you ! And yes coming from UK via Eurostar is very easy, like a long metro. You've been great guests so you are welcome, you, your friends and family to come, come back and remember about the good deals for you and them.
nursejs
ct
“A wonderful place to stay, a gracious hostess and a delicious breakfast.”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

The apartment is located in the pedestrian district of Louvre/Montorgueil and was more than we could have hoped for. It was clean, comfortable and the kitchen had everything that a cook could need. It was located in an area where we felt safe, yet shops and restaurants were only steps away. We took advantage of Martinn's "foodie" tour of the neighborhood that ended with a delicious lunch hosted by our very own tour guide/translator. It was a great introduction to our neighborhood, and a great start to our stay. Included in our rent was a home cooked breakfast, that was generous enough to last the entire week. We visited during Three Kings Day and were even provided with our very own home made Galette! We will definitely return.
Jennifer

Your age range 35-49
16 Jan 2017
Bonjour Jennifer and Bryan, merci beaucoup ! I am happy that by the end of your week, you mastered - at least - the word "galette" ! Impossible to escape this delicious traditional pastry in January ; I am happy you enjoyed the discovery of the Montorgueil foodscape including galettes and much more. Happy you enjoyed lunch at Comptoir, tapas at Galega and many other gourmet addresses in Paris. You are real foodies and enjoyed cooking as well from quality local suppliers, so receiving praise from you for the apartment equipment is a must. Happy you enjoyed homemade organic breakfast. You have been great, enthusiastic guests and I'll be looking forward to your return. With a special deal for very special guests. In the meantime, courage... Martinn
Leanne R
“Authentic parisian apartment in a perfect position.”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

What a great spot to take in our short stay of Paris. A walk down to the Louvre and the Seine, and easy public transport to anywhere you want. Cafes, shops and restaurants everywhere you look which make a beautiful stroll in the evening.
Martinn was so generous and helpful with information on the unit and the area and even prepared a delicious breakfast for the next day. The apartment was small, typically Parisian but with all the amenities you needed, and very comfortable.

4 Jan 2017
Thank you Leanne and Robert for such a nice comment. I knew you would enjoy Paris and the Montorgueil Village. Nice to read you also enjoyed the apartment and my services. Hope you had a great Holiday week, a wonderful NYE and that you are ready to travel the world in 2017. Remember that you or your family, friends are welcome and will receive a nice treat on your behalf.
Have a great Summer in down under ...martinn
Anne W
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Outstanding location with full amenities”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

The unit was very comfortable, well lit and well outfitted. If you wish to do any cooking, it's very well equipped. Phone available for calls to many locations. Owner extremely helpful with suggestions and she arranged an excellent, great value limo to the airport without us even having to request it. Although a 16-17th century building, the kitchen and bathroom are 21st Century! Very clean.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Oct 2016
Bonsoir Anne, and thank you for all your praise. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed Paris, the area, the apartment and my services. Happy that you got your flight on time, I will forward your thanks to Wilfrid the taxi driver. I know you like to cook so happy you were satisfied with equipment. and shops in the neighborhood. I also want to thank you for the good care you took of the apartment. I wish you an good end of year 2016, hope to stay in contact once in a while. Do not forget that I'll always be happy to host you again with special "pampering " treat.
Martinn
readytotr...
New Bern, NC
“Totally wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 17 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I have rented many, many apartments and this has been the best experience.

First, the location! It's in a pedestrian zone so you aren't assaulted by fumes the second you set foot on the street. Then there are all those restaurants and food shops steps away and Martinn leaves a list of her favorite haunts so you will feel like an insider right away. Next, its proximity to so many sights... Louvre, Pompidou, Marais, the galleries. Great bus and metro connections if you want to go farther afield. Martinn has bookshelves full of travel guides, metro/bus maps, cookbooks, videos, and even novels if you want a quiet evening at home reading. There's a TV for catching up with home news and even a phone that may be used for local and international calls. Martinn has thought of EVERYTHING.

Martinn wants your time in Paris to be magical and she will happily share ideas, or quickest ways to access the sights you wish, or answer any other questions...either via phone or email. I felt more like I was visiting a loving relative than just someone trying to make some money by renting an apartment to strangers. Ask her to make arrangements back to the airport and you will be whisked away in style. She provided a breakfast that was enough for two days for us. It was waiting for us when we arrived so we didn't have to scramble right out and find sustenance.

You will love Martinn. Believe me, when you leave, you feel as if you are leaving a dear friend behind and want to return soon to see her.

I hope my review isn't so glowing that when I do want to return it, it will be totally booked out. That would be sad.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the hostess Martinn
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Oct 2016
Bonsoir Linda,
WOW !!!! What else to say after such review ? You got my philosophy 300% : business yes but not only. I love "my job" , my guests, and when they are satisfied, I feel 100% energized. I try to give to others what I like to find when I travel : welcoming and helpful hosts.
So If I was any help to make this trip with your sister, an "unforgettable" one, you cannot imagine how happy I feel.
I look forward to hosting you again with your husband. And I agree with you when you left, I felt like a friend was leaving but "ce n'est qu'un au-revoir".
Merci beaucoup et à bientôt, Martinn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing