“Incredible service and location!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
rmwoodPho...
phoenix arizona
“Incredible service and location!”
Reviewed 23 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Not sure what I can add to what has already been said by so many others. Our 16 night stay at Martinn's was the most enjoyable that we have experienced in the past 30 years of traveling and staying in B&B's and apartment rentals. Everything about it was perfect. First of all, we loved the location. Wandering around Rue Montorgueil, Rue Montmartre, and Rue d'Argout-what a great neighborhood! As much as we enjoyed all of the usual sights and museums and monuments of Paris, we loved all of the shops and cafes and the energy of this neighborhood the most. We never got tired of it. Yet it was only a short 10 minute walk to The Louvre, Palais Royale, and many, many equally amazing sights. We walked everywhere from the apartment, including to the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame several times. For those that prefer not to walk, there are several Metro locations nearby to take you to any part of the city in no time.
The apartment itself was very comfortable and full of all of the amenities that anyone could wish for. Even though it is located in the heart of a very lively neighborhood it was perfectly quiet once inside the courtyard. The apartment is also filled with many helpful books and notes and suggestions about local eateries and shops.

What sets this rental apart from all others which we have experienced is the level of service that Martinn provides. For several months before we arrived in Paris Martinn was available to answer all of my questions via email. During this time Martinn provided us with all kinds of information and suggestions as to how to make our stay more comfortable and less stressful. By the time we arrived in Paris it felt like we were meeting up with a friend. It has been well documented by previous renters as to the quality of the first night meal and first breakfast that Martinn provides. I wasn't prepared for the a practically full refrigerator though. This was truly one of our favorite meals in over 3 weeks of eating out in Paris. I would also highly recommend taking a guided walk with Martinn. She took us through the neighborhood and introduced us to many of the shopkeepers while at the same time giving us a lesson in the history of the area. We really enjoyed our time with such a passionate, knowledgeable guide/host. We will most definitely be staying here again the next time we visit Paris! Thanks you so much, Martinn!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The host, the service provided, and the location.
Liked least: leaving
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
25 May 2016
Dearest Carol and Roy,
If you appreciated my services and help, I am so happy ! If it made a difference, made you feel at home in Paris, made you discover the real Paris for Parisian, the foodscape, I am so happy !
You were able to stroll the streets when sunny and then more indoors activities with museums when the weather was not so nice, I am so happy !
You've been wonderful guests, curious, open-minded, you did not take everything for granted, you were excellent at responding to emails, the relationship went both ways : I am so happy !
I am so happy that you, your family, and friends are welcome with a token of my recognition.
I hope that family and jobs did not gulp all of your time upon return, that the little souvenir booklet will help you remember this trip until the next one.
Thank you for writing this long and wonderful, thoughtful comment. Thank you so much Carol and Roy.
Travelble...
Galveston Island, Texas
“The only place we will stay in Paris in the future.”
Reviewed 11 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

You always hope the pictures and the write ups on these rentals are close to what they are really like. Martine's (owner) apartment is so much more than the description and the pictures do not do it justice. By the time you enter the courtyard, you realize you have chosen the perfect place to stay in Paris. Martine is waiting for you inside the apartment which is warm and cozy and has absolutely everything you could possibly need while on vacation. The most valuable part of the stay is Martine!! She knows and loves her city with a passion and truly enjoys hosting her visitors. Her cooking is beyond great. We chose to have our dinner the 2nd night we were there. We had been out all day and were so tired when we got "home." We opened the door and there was a beautiful dinner with wine and flowers. Find that at a hotel!!! The neighborhood is amazing to a girl from Texas. Everything was right there. You didn't need a car or any transportation but your feet. We went out each day and found what we wanted to eat and bought our dinners and breakfasts like locals. Taking Martine's advice, we shopped like pros and took our purchases home and ate and drank wine and had a blast! Martine made sure we knew everything we needed to know along with tips and suggestions. When the time came to leave, she arranged our cab to the train station and made sure it was a very smooth departure. I know these comments are repeats of other's comments, but truly, this is the most perfect place you can stay in Paris. We have stayed in hotels and other apartments in Paris but this place is on a whole different level of convenience and warmth. I can promise you we will never stay any place else when we return. Why when you have found the perfect place!!?? Thank you Martine for everything you helped us with and hope your back is better. Take care of yourself and please stay in touch. Maybe we will be able to see Viet Nam some day!!!

Wanda and Mark Grunwell
Galveston, Texas USA

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so quiet! We kept sleeping late because it was so quiet!
Liked least: It sounds corny, but the least favorite part was leaving. I could have stayed a much longer time.
People with disabilities Older travelers
11 Mar 2016
What to answer to such a review besides many thanks. As written before, my pleasure is to offer more than a roof to my guests. I love to share Paris, discuss places besides the landmarks that you'll find in every tourist guide ; I think my love for this city shows as well as my pleasure to host people. I naively believe that sharing and exchanging will heal the world.
With such a review the whole world will want to come here :-)
I only have this apartment, that's why I can be dedicated, give all my time ; but it's only for 2 maximum 3 guests.
My knee is doing a lot better so I am looking forward to hosting again and again... and again. Welcome back to you and your family and friends.
Wandering...
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“How to beat perfection!”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Not only was the apartment perfect, the area of Paris around Rue d’Argout charming and interesting as well as being close to so many wonderful places, but we also gained a new friend in Martinn who owns the apartment. She was the perfect host. She was there to greet us when we arrived and to show us the apartment and its amenities. It is set in a pleasant little courtyard off Rue d’Argout in an almost pedestrian area of Paris within easy walking distance of the Louvre and many other wonderful museums, which we enjoyed visiting very much. The apartment is on the ground floor and is quiet and restful. Martinn had put together a most useful collection of notes about where to eat, shop and visit in the area and, most wonderful of all, she had prepared a meal of us for the evening of our arrival ... and breakfast for the next morning. This was very thoughtful and meant that we could properly relax after our journey to Paris. There are many wonderful shops and markets in the area which was excellent as Ruth, my wife, loves cooking and made full use of Martinn's collection of recipe books (in English!). Martinn is the perfect host and was there at the end of an email (or telephone call) to answer any questions. It was undoubtedly the perfect, relaxing break. Not only have we gained a new friend in Martinn but discovered the perfect location to return to when we next visit Paris. Thank you Martinn for everything.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It's location, facilities and tranquility.
Liked least: Not being able to stay longer!
People with disabilities Older travelers
11 Feb 2016
Wow ! And I got new friends in Northern Scotland ! Thank you for being so easy, positive , curious and independent at the same time It has been a pleasure to share Paris, Montorgueil area, cooking ideas with you. Guests like you make me love what I do, welcoming, sharing, exchanging. We have old stones, you have Nature , wilderness, castles and Nessie !
elean0r99...
Cairns Region, Australia
“Wonderful location and very gracious host”
Reviewed 19 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We stayed for 8 days at the apartment. We were met by Martinn who not only provided enough food for our dinner that night but for a few days afterwards but also provided us with all the information that we needed to make our stay as wonderful as it could be. The apartment is great for 2 people and had everything that we needed. It is like a quiet oasis right in the centre of Paris. We will stay again next time we are in Paris.

19 Jan 2016
Hello Bonjour Eleanor and David, Thanks for this gourmet review. I am happy you were able to turn the 2015 page and celebrate the new 2016 in Paris, and enjoyed a Gourmet "réveillon".
It has been a blessing to host nice guests like you and yes I do hope to see you again or your friends and family. You know that I will pamper you or them on your behalf and share my beloved Paris, good food, beauty, Art, Architecture, History. Wish you a nice Summer on your side of the world. Martinn
veggiepan...
Brooklyn, NY
“Perfect Location, Marvelous Hostess!”
Reviewed 26 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

You won't find a more centrally located apartment for the best-of attractions and restaurants. We were thrilled about being able to walk to just about everything. Within two blocks are all the shops and markets you need, the best cocktail bar in Paris (Mabel), a wonderful massage parlor (Ban Thai - highly recommend to help with jet lag!), restaurants, and a very helpful hostess. We did a bit of cooking during our Christmas stay, and the apartment is very well stocked. Our hostess checked in on us and was more helpful than I'd ever imagine. The building is an ex convent and it's currently getting a slight remodel, not that it needs it. We thought everything was gorgeous! It's a quiet building with respectful neighbors. It suited our needs perfectly!

Liked best: Location, hostess
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
27 Dec 2015
Bonjour Angela,
Thank you for taking time to write this as you are into a family reunion in UK. I guess you had a nice flight from Paris. Thanks for the praise, for the tips on local addresses : the Thai spa is really cool, relaxing, Have tried it but I did not know about the cocktail bar. Interesting tip for future guests. Don't forget the link for a nice "egg shell" when you have time... yes the building was a convent ... a couple of centuries ago :-) ; it 's really historic and of course needs some regular maintenance as all "old" things ... Soon it will get back to its XVII and XVIIIth centuries magnificence. Will post new photos. It has been a pleasure to get to know you, your energy, your positive attitude, your help, your kindness. Wish you the best for 2016 and hope to stay tuned before your next visit. Don't forget that you or your friends booking directly on your behalf will receive a special "pampering". A bient�t et bonne ann�e Martinn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing