“Paris doesn't get better than this!!!!!!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
MHH0855
Melbourne, Australia
“Paris doesn't get better than this!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Martine's apartment for 8 nights. She is a truly thoughtful and welcoming host. Her apartment is compact but beautifully fitted out. It has everything that a tourist in Paris could desire. Ideal location, first dinner and breakfast provided, clean, and comfortable, numerous cafes as well as self catering shops very close by. She has tourist guides and handy hints for seasoned travellers as well as for those visiting Paris for the first time. We arranged to do a full day walking tour with Martine- it was a highlight of our stay. Martine and her apartment are just a delight..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Martine was a fabulous host. We would definitely recommend her to friends.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
26 Jul 2014
Bonjour Margaret and Rose (for you it is most probably Bonsoir or a very early Sunday Bonjour)
So happy you enjoyed the apartment, the courtyard, the very convenient area.
On my side,I have been so blessed to get to know you, meet you, share Paris with you. Fun to shop in Aligre and for jewelry in Daumesnil, share a wonderful lunch in the Medieval Marais, and so much more while you stayed. You are so curious, so enthusiastic, appreciate the relationship, do not take anything for granted...
A real treat for me as well...
Now I know you went back to school. Hope the memories of your sunny strolls in Paris will help you go through your Winter.
Thanks again for being such pleasant guests.
Cath F
“Living like a local in the heart of Paris”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We have just spent 10 days in Martinn's quiet little apartment, and highly recommend it as a base to explore Paris. Easy walking distance to many of the key destinations, and within close reach of at least 3 Metro stations, you enter through a double set of gates which immediately move you off the bustling neighbourhood streets and through a pretty courtyard, into a compact miniature flat with heaps of very French character. Everything you need is there - a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, large comfortable bed, clean bathroom with a full size bath. But what we loved best was the market street one block over, Rue Montorgueil, with it's fabulous array of gourmet food stores, fresh produce, bars, cafés, boulangerie, chocolateries...off the tourist route, it felt like a very local place to shop and hang out. Fantastique!

6 Aug 2014
Dear Catherine, thank you for this wonderful review on the area and for suggesting the extract in a book. It is now on my welcoming page. Happy you enjoyed Montorgeuil,the apartment and my services. See you soon...
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Everything
24 Jun 2014
Dear Carol and Tom,

although we were not supposed to meet as you subbed for Melinda and Clark, I am so happy I got the opportunity to get to know you, to enjoy your kindness,to share your love for art and good food.
I hope to be able to host you next time you visit as friends.
Until then, take care of family, don't get too hot over the Summer and thanks again for your trust and for being such nice guests.
Martine
alan c
Perth, Australia
“Fabulous apartment, fabulous area, fabulous host”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This was a fantastic stay, in a charming and very comfortable apartment, in an amazing part of Paris. We spent a week here, and only touched the surface of this area. Fabulous restaurants and bars and chocolatiers and boulangeries and fromageries and stylish clothes, and beautiful churches and .... Well, Paris, really. All within a few hundred metres.
The apartment was exactly as shown on the web - small, but with everything you need. And it was wonderfully quiet. So relaxing to come home to after exploring the city.
Above all, Martine was a wonderful host. She went out of her way to meet us at the apartment, even though we were delayed getting in from the airport. She provided an exquisite breakfast of home made delights which set the tone for Parisian cuisine, and was fabulous after 20 hours in a plane. She gave us great advice on local shops and eateries, and rescued us mid-stay when we forgot how to manage the washing machine(holiday brain and jet lag can do strange things).
We were also delighted with our walking tour with Martine; her kindness and generosity and knowledge took us places we'd never have found, from hidden gardens to heavenly macarons. She is a treasure.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful and comfortable oasis of an apartment, in the middle of such a lively area
Liked least: Having to leave
7 May 2014
Hello Rosy and Alan,

so nice to read your review and to give 5* to my services as this is my goal ; helping my guests making the most of their stay. I know the apartment is comfortable, and the location is excellent but I am not the only one in the area. I enjoy offering Paris, French food culture, all of the wonderful buildings, some History... Giving more than just hosting, sharing with you as I would do with friends.
I loved getting the kouign amann in several pastries and then come home and have a tasting ; sharing the Tarte tropézienne and making you discover some wonderful macarons and sour dough bread. I had fun following you in your shoe shopping.
And this was your belated honeymoon ? So you deserved a special a special treat !
Hope to see you again and discovering more of Paris with you.
I remember you're going to China for Xmas ? Enjoy it a lot and I am curious to hear about it early 2015... Happy New Year :-)
Reen75
Pennsylvania
“As Good as the Reviews Say”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We have stayed in several apartments in Paris and this one is a top favorite. What makes this apartment so special? The central location is ideal for sightseeing and just minutes away from rue Montorgueil (a real plus!). The situation, being in a courtyard is lovely and quiet -- like an oasis in the middle of the city. The apartment has every amenity you could want including a full-sized fridge and oven, lots of dishes/utensils/pots and a separate washer and dryer (so much better than the washer-dryer combo you often get). The modern bathroom is also a good size with a powerful shower.

But what really makes this apartment special is Martine. She is so helpful, so quick to respond and very organized as well. I really appreciated that the apartment was fully supplied with basics like paper products, all cleaning supplies etc. so that we did not need to run out to the store right away. Even better, Martine did something that I have never experienced before: she gave us dinner for our first night and breakfast for the following morning. Delicious meals just waiting for us in the fridge (including wine!). I can't tell you how wonderful this was -- what a nice relaxing way to begin our stay!

29 Apr 2014
Bonjour Anne et Frank,

thank you so much for your extremely kind review. Every word touched my heart. I know the apartment location is good, i experience it everyday. I know the building is convenient and charming, being on the courtyard offers quiet nights.. But what you said about me, my services and my welcoming meals made my day. I love so much sharing Paris with my guests, making their stay as comfortable and easy as can be, that this review is reassuring me. Don't want to be just a roof and a bed ...
So thank you and I know I'll see you back as you love so much French wines and Gourmet food... Hope you got the wine you shipped...
Martinn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing