“Absolutely perfect.....”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

NadeanLan...
Edmonton, Canada
“Absolutely perfect.....”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We stayed at Martine's for 2 weeks in August and September, 2013 & would highly recommend this apartment. It is very clean and well furnished having everything one needs, and even more importantly, located centrally so easy access to all of the sights of Paris. Martine is an amazing host, fabulous chef and a very knowledgeable tour guide - she has a true love for Paris & it shows! We got wonderful advice on what to see & do and the one day walking tour of the gourmet district was an absolute highlight. Any recommendation from Martine on restaurants, shows, or things to see was spot on. We hope to return to this beautiful city & would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location in the gourmet district - very lively, and Martine!
Liked least: nothing at all!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Oct 2013
WOW Nadean, thank you SO much for this.
It has been a true pleasure to meet you, share time with you, taste David's Kosher cold meats in the Marais, discuss food and more.
I amp now curious to know about your week in Marseille...
Hope you settled back well and of course you are more welcome to come back as we have so much to discover and share about Paris, food, culture, life ... With special deal as returning guests of course.
Stay well until then... Martine
B.C. Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
1 Oct 2013
Hello Jacquie and Graham,
thank you SO much to take time to write a review as you are probably very busy getting back home after a few weeks of traveling.
And what a review !
You are so full of energy, you are so positive and so enthusiastic, you really have seen a lot within the week, I knew you'd love Paris. But I am also happy to read that you liked the apartment, it's location and equipment.
I also had a great time touring the Gourmet 6th with you, enjoying the tasting in Luxembourg, chatting...
Thank you for the "gem", a gem belongs to a treasure and your stay has been a real one for me, to cherish and remember for years... until your next visit (after UK... I know).
I am curious to know your comments about the honey and the mostarda de Cremona...
My very friendly and Gourmet regards,

Martinn
United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
16 Sep 2013
Dear Sharla Merryl and Tessa,

thank you for the detailed review of your stay.
It was such a pleasure to spend time with you, share our cultures and celebrating 4th of July with you was one of the highlights of my Summer 2013.
Hope I was not "too upfront" ..; Maybe I need to improve my English and make it not so assertive as my only goal was to show you how it works so you'd feel "at home".
Hope you'll remember this trip as a nice one as I will remember getting to know you.

Kind regards,

martine
Edmundo88
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“an unforgettable 35th anniversary”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A very gracious hostess welcomed us to her peaceful apartment, and helped us to explore Paris. The superbly equipped kitchen was supplemented with great books about Paris, restaurant reviews, and maps. We found we could walk to all of the great museums, Notre Dame, the boat ride on the Seine that leaves from Pont Neuf, the Tuilleries garden (at night you can look up at the well lit Eiffel Tower), a Fragonard perfume museum, the finest department stores, wonderful cooking stores on the bottom of Rue Montmartre, and outdoor markets. One block away is Rue Montorgueil, full of food shops, restaurants, and cafes. The lovely old passages are very much worth exploring with your camera, just ask the wonderful host Martinne where they are. The nearby Sentier metro stop will take you to the Per Lachaise Cemetery, a place you can easily spend two hours walking through.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet nights for sleeping, and the location central to everything imaginable
Liked least: Wanted to talk to our host longer, but had to catch a plane back to the US
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Aug 2013
dear Marguerite and Edmund, thank you so much for this and I am so happy you enjoyed all my recommendations, my address book.
I had no doubt about the neighborhood as I appreciate it as well everyday.
So pleased you will remember this 35th anniversary as a good one.
Now, the world is vast and I know you want to explore more... So I wish you a nice 36th, 37th, 38th.... 50th...60th...
Would love to hear about your next discoveries.
Take care and thanks again for your trust,for selecting my key2paris and for your kind review.

martine
Mark G
Boise, Idaho
“Cozy apartment perfectly located with the best host in Paris”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

After visiting Paris multiple times as foreign students and then again while stationed in Germany, we decided to spend a week in the city of lights for our 25th anniversary. The small but charming apartment is perfectly located to cover most of Paris by foot. The local neighborhood is very inviting and filled with many wonderful placed to eat and buy delicacies.
However the best part of staying there is Martine. She is very funny, interesting, and welcoming. Her recommendations on food and places of interest were invaluable. She helped us rediscover Paris all over again but with an insider's view.

Liked best: The host
Liked least: nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
9 Aug 2013
Dearest Carlyn and Mark, thank you for such a nice review.
I am happy to read that my help was "helpful" and my inputs valuable and that you found me funny :-).
Now you have been exceptional guests, should I say friends now ?
I know you have a very busy life so taking time to write this is already a gift for me.
Enjoy fishing, river trips and tomato season. in pies, salads, sauces, patés ... or "hats".
Hope that life will put us together again in a not too distant future.
Amicalement,
Martine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing