1,547 results
All reviews shang palace la bauhinia eiffel tower roland bonaparte terrace suite concierge team beautiful hotel macaroons room service guest relations four seasons memorable stay five star hotel george v the entire staff our honeymoon the ritz
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed in a terrace Eiffel Tower view room in early Sept 2018. The best part of the hotel is its location: it is directly across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower and the views of that magnificent landmark are impressive. We ate dinner on our first night on our terrace and it was very memorable and enjoyable. We had dinner again on the terrace on our third night and it was less than memorable since the room service was not up to a five-star hotel standard.

The room itself was quite comfortable and appears to be furnished in the same style that Roland Bonaparte would have chosen, which is great because that is exactly what we expected. But it was showing some signs of wear and there were some things that were somewhat annoying, like the outdoor awning retracting itself every hour, or the failure to clean off the pigeon poop which had been on the terrace when we arrived, and was still there when we left. At least it wasn't in spots that we would frequent.

The Spa was very nice (my wife received a wonderful massage there) and the restaurant L' Abeille is as good as any in Paris with its two Michelin stars. I've reviewed the restaurant already so I won't go any farther.

But the disappointing thing about the hotel was the staff. There were some very experienced members, but it seemed to us there was a substantial minority who, although well-meaning, were pretty inexperienced and committed some faux pas that we haven't seen before at five star hotels. Examples: we booked the room for the night before so it would be ready when we arrived in the morning after our red-eye flight. But we were made to wait in the lounge for over 30 minutes with no word from anyone as to why the delay. When I finally inquired, the receptionist told me my credit card was being declined. Why didn't they check this before I arrived? As it turned out, my bank wanted a call from me (although I had filed a travel advisory weeks ago) which I could have done had the hotel advised me when we arrived. Another example: not washing the bar dishes until we called late in the afternoon to do so, and on subsequent days we did it ourselves, because they still failed to do it. Not providing water with room service on the terrace, then taking away our room glasses when they cleared the table on our second night there. We had water on our first night so why not the third?

Anyway, it's a nice, comfortable hotel with at least one great restaurant and a very nice spa but some more attention to detail needs to happen before I could rate this place as five stars.

Room Tip: Eiffel Tower view and terrace rooms are quite memorable. The restaurant L' Abeille is world-class
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear CoachDave37,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a great stay with us at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris thanks to the perfect location of the hotel next to the Eiffel Tower and the athmosphere of Roland Bonaparte's private residence.

It’s also a pleasure to read that you appreciated your dinner in our two Michelin starred restaurant L’Abeille and the French gastronomy of Chef Christophe Moret.

Nevertheless, we noted your comment about the profesionnalism of our teams. Please accept my personal apologies. It does not reflect the potential of our teams.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to make you live a better experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Absolutely amazing hotel! My husband and I travel all over the world and this hotel, by far, was one of the best we have stayed at. The room was spectacular and service beyond words! When we return to Paris, we will be staying here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cherylhofmann,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed such an amazing stay with us at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris thanks to the athmosphere of Roland Bonaparte's residence and the room with the incredible view of the Eiffel Tower and the Parisian monuments.

It’s also a pleasure to read that you appreciated the profesionalism and the kindness of our teams.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

If you would like to see the Eiffel Tower anytime of day, then this is the place to stay at. Combining 5 star luxury with amazing Eiffel Tower views within the architectural setting of an old palace... this is totally luxury at its best.

Food is definitely good but if it’s more authentic flavours you are after then it’s best to explore the many restaurants in the vicinity.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear AnikaAli,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the historical athmosphere of Roland Bonaparte's residence and the incredible view of the Eiffel Tower and the Parisian monuments.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We were attracted to this hotel because of the views from the Eiffel Tower Terrace room. We will return because of the extraordinary professionals who staff this property. They see to every detail and anticipated our needs and made us comfortable from the moment we arrived. a bientôt.

Room Tip: If your budget allows (or you just want the experience of a lifetime) go for the Terrace Eiffel View Room.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear fpr2018,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us thanks to the incredible historical atmosphere of Shangri-La Hotel, Paris and the professionalism of our team.

I am also happy that you appreciated the view of the Eiffel Tower and the Parisian monuments.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Our stay was nothing short of spectacular, from the moment we entered the luxurious former residence of Roland Bonaparte until the time we regretfully had to leave. We had an Eiffel tower rooftop terrace suite with breathtaking views of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine within almost touching distance, it seemed. Our room was done up in soothing colours and textures, with Hermes bath amenities, and we were welcomed with champagne and treats for our 25th wedding anniversary. Aaahh...We had arrived early and the room was not yet ready, so we spent a relaxing hour at the swimming pool, having it all to ourselves. A heavenly way to start our stay in Paris after a long couple of flights from Canada. We ordered breakfast to our terrace one morning and enjoyed eating on the private rooftop; it was like living in our own view apartment. We did not get the chance to eat at the hotel's restaurant (the Michelin-starred one was closed for August holidays).All the staff were simply amazing, from our private guest concierge, to the doormen and poolstaff, everybody was warm and welcoming. It truly was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had, just as other reviewers have mentioned.

Room Tip: try to get one of the few rooftop terrace eiffel view rooms; the terrace is worth the $$$
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear drwanderlust,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us thanks to the incredible historical atmosphere of the Shangri-La Hotel, Paris and the professionalism and the kindness of our team that made you feel at home.

We are also happy that you had a good stay in Paris thanks to your experience at CHI, The Spa and the incredible view of the Eiffel Tower and the Parisian monuments. It is also a pleasure to read that you appreciated the breakfast on your terrace.

Please be assured that the compliments will be shared with our teams.