2,763 results
All reviews le cinq floral arrangements jeff leatham best hotels in the world luxury hotel bottle of champagne beautiful hotel room service concierge team the ritz eiffel tower beautiful room deluxe room heart of paris croissants spa fs
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband arrived for afternoon tea booked for 4pm on Tues 5th Sept.The decor and flower displays were amazing and we were anticipating a lovely Anniversary tea.Although only a couple of tables taken we were shown to a table consisting of 2 chairs and a couch.My husband sat on the couch and myself on the chair.A very odd arrangement as my husband was seated too low to comfortably eat at the table.We asked to be moved and were moved to an alternative table..Jam ,cream etc arrived a good 20 mins before the actual scones and cake stand.
We specifically requested no seafood and when the savouries eventually came they consisted of sea food..The waiter offered to replace these.We therefore had to start with the scones as the alternative which consisted of 4 tiny salmon bilinis took another 20 mins to arrive.The pastries looked lovely but were so very sweet and sickly.Tea was regularly topped up.We were wowed by the hotel but disappointed by the slow service and error with our savoury requests not being rectified more speedily.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
fsgeorgev, Responsable relations publiques at Four Seasons Hotel George V, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Melinda J,

First, let us warmly thank you for having shared your experience with us and for your kind words regarding the hotel decor, even if we are truly sorry to read that you did not appreciate your experience fully.

We have taken the necessary measures and hope to be able to welcome you again soon so that you can see them for yourself.

Best regards.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

For us....year after year the best hotel in Paris...look for special room deals on-line...it can get quite expensive...the restaurant is exceptional...somewhat overrated...but then you pay for the overall experience of staying in one of the very best hotels in the world in the centre of Paris.

Room Tip: All rooms are good so...don't hesitate to look for special offers with independant room providers...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed at the George V on our honeymoon and have stayed there every time we've been in Paris since. The place is just spectacular. The hardest part is getting a reservation and accepting how expensive it is relative to other best in city hotels in other European capitals. After that it's effortless. There are always English speakers at Reception and at the concierge desk. The bellman are so accommodating. You need someone to handle luggage? Done. You need to check-in? Done. You need tickets or a reservation? Done and done. Your room get cleaned while you are out without the knocking on your door despite a "do not disturb" card. While you are out for dinner, your room gets turned down. The rooms themselves are very nice. The linens and the soaps are very nice. It's in a great location. It's a Four Seasons hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
1  Thank LuxuryTraveler751
Reviewed 11 September 2017

amazing stay with my grandmother here. the staff was very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our one night here very much. recommend to anyone with any size party because this is a great location and atmosphere

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Thank True Bermuda Ch... L
Reviewed 9 September 2017

My Partner and I had booked 3 nights at this hotel for a special weekend in Paris. Due to flight arrival times I had requested for an early check in if available but was notified the day before we arrived that the time I requested was not available.

Upon arrival at 10am, we were told our room would not be ready till 3pm, it was suggested we have breakfast and check after as they would put us on priority. After a leisurely breakfast I popped back to reception to meet a new member of staff (shift change) and she had no knowledge of any priority. Again I was told the room would not be ready till 1PM and an offer of a car to take us anywhere in Paris we wanted to go. I declined this offer citing we had been 12 hours travelling and we just wanted to shower and change our clothes.

We chose to sit in the Bar for a while as we were promised they again would prioritize our room. Another Guest arrived in the bar and was told they would call him once his room was ready, within 30 mins to my surprise he was collected and taken to his room. Again I asked at check-in about my room and I was told it was now 3pm! My suspicion that the previous guest got my room and I was again pushed back so I asked to speak to the manager.

The duty manager arrived and was most apologetic, explained about the hotel being fully booked but had little to say about the previous guest getting a room in 30 mins. To her credit within 30 mins our room was ready.

Unfortunately the whole experience ruined the weekend we had planned and a day wasted due to the hotel. At no point were we offered a room that we could change in or even the use of the gym or spa to shower and change, very poor, very poor indeed.

This is suppose to be an exclusive luxury hotel but we were not made to feel special at all, in fact in my experience the total opposite and a certain guest was prioritized ahead of us at check-in

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gary c
fsgeorgev, Responsable relations publiques at Four Seasons Hotel George V, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Mr. Cooke,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are truly sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your experience among us and for not being able to answer you early check-in request in this very busy time for us. We are happy to see that you witnessed our different services efforts to offer your the smoothest transition.
Would you allow our hotel management to come back to you regarding this deceiving experience?
Warm regards.