“March trip”

Ranked #18 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“March trip”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel room was good as all other reviews state, good shower/bath area.

Breakfast was not good. I cannot believe an hotel of this quality has such poor quality coffee, can't they buy decent beans and use a mocka maker to get good coffee, it was worse than american filter coffee you get in new york. I drank half a cup and left it. AWFUL. And the coffee was only luke warm. This shouldnt be happening. Huge disappointment.
Had mixed bread basket, also a disappointment, crossiant should be light and fluffy, these were greasy, doughy inside and just poor. Who is supplying these? supermarket does bettter. I would have expected much better. This is Paris how is it possible to get such poor croissiants, again I left most, not appetising
Thankfully the room has Nespresso for coffee, they should use these for breakfast.
Breakfast was not good, I've had miles better in Scandinavian hotels and other I have stayed in in the far east. I should have stayed at the Bristol

Couldnt get into the bar, much too small for a hotel of this size. Many of the tables "reserved" at it was 11.45pm. Very dated piano music, is this what people want? It's a dated idea of background entertainment/almost bordering on muzak

This is a great looking hotel, but I think its trading on what it was not want it can be. A case of from over substance.

Room Tip: dont breakfast in the hotel, find one of the local cafes, will be miles better
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank kenneth186338
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Madam or Sir,

We have noted your comments regarding your recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and Marc-Olivier Raffray, Hotel Manager, would like to call you at a convenient time for you to follow up on your negative experience concerning your breakfast. I would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time.

I hope we can connect soon and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Jackie Dalena
Executive Assistant
Four Seasons Hotel George V
email: jackie.dalena@fourseasons.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

George V is quite simply the best hotel in Paris and the Four Seasons flagship hotel. The rooms, service, location are all absolutely amazing. There is no reason to stay anywhere else in Paris.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Georges V for years. We travel very frequently to international destinations, and have our favorites country-by-country, and overall. Very, very few hotels even approach the standards of this one. I do not have enough superlatives in my vocabulary to do it justice. The price is steep, but the value is incredible. On any level someone might want to compare--food and drink, service, room quality, attention to minute detail--this hotel has no peer. Their Ambassador employees are incredible (just think about something and they will provide it). I'm convinced that their Concierges can arrange anything. For me, the George V sets the bar for luxury hotels. You'll never regret staying there.

Room Tip: Inside suites with a courtyard view are terrific.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George817
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Grand opulenence ,exquisite decor and furnishings ,expensive,splendid,etc etc . We stayed over Christmas and enjoyed our executive room even if it was a little dated and the bathroom floor unheated.But ,for us ,it was all a bit soulless and lacked warmth and friendliness found in other Four Seasons.I wouldn't want to make a big issue of it but on two occasions there was nobody on the door to get us a cab or welcome us back.We were left with the impression that if you flout your wealth,dress expensively,then you will get their attention.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Worldtraveller1953
mntrParis, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear World Traveller1953,

Thank you for your precious feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in respect to the lack of presence from our Doormen.

We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction and are sorry to read that we did not meet your our expectations.
Please rest assured that we have taken steps to ensure that this will not happen again.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
Isle of Man
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had lunch here last Friday, to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday and it was indeed a fantastic experience - the service is exceptional, without being ingratiating, the restaurant decor is luxurious, classy and sumptious and the food is wonderful as you would expect. If I had one criticism it would be that the choice of the entrees on the Set Menu was limited to 2 items and the one I chose which was a dish of belly pork served with cheek and feet (yes, really!) would not be something I might chose at home and although beautifully presented and perfectly cooked, neither my sister or I really enjoyed it, to be honest. At 92 euros for the 3 course Set Menu, I expected more than the cheapest cut of meat. The cheeseboard and desserts were absolutely top class though and the highlight of my visit to the George V was the petit four trolley which came round with the coffee - in fact it was the highlight of my trip to Paris! 3 tiers of homemade sweet treats, tiny, beautifully presented and completely irresistable! Incredibly expensive (Kir Royale - 26 euros each!) but unforgettable and very special.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends