2,743 results
All reviewsle cinqfloral arrangementsjeff leathambest hotels in the worldluxury hotelbottle of champagnebeautiful hotelroom serviceconcierge teamthe ritzeiffel towerbeautiful roomdeluxe roomheart of pariscroissantsspafs
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We have been very fortunate to stay several times at the Four Seasons and are so glad to return when we are in Paris. My most recent stay, was no different, only better! I don't know how the team at the George V manages to improve the guest experience every time, but they do. Much has been said about the amazing service, rooms, spa, and food so I will try to report on only those parts of my experience which are not so often commented upon.

Public Decor for the Holidays: The first thing I noticed when I walked into the lobby was the warm light from Christmas trees made out of light. This is simply magical and very appropriate for Paris, the City of Lights! When I walked out to the courtyard I saw a forest of perfect evergreens with another tree of light glowing in the middle. I'm not one to be effusive about flower arrangements but this is really special. We didn't stay during Christmas or New Years this year but will now look forward to planning a stay there during this time in the future.
Service: I arrived very early in the morning but Celine at the front desk was very gracious about welcoming me and was very sincere in her efforts/hope that my room would be ready as soon as possible. I headed straight for my favorite place to have breakfast, Le V.
Food: Amongst the very best breakfasts in the world. If you enjoy breakfast you absolutely must leave the wonderful comfort of your room and dine in the Le V. They offer an amuse bouche of creme brulee in the mornings, and fresh brewed as well as Nespresso to get the day started right. If you enjoy eggs benedict this is the place to enjoy it. I'm a bit of a connoisseur and have tried them at the Crillon, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz, Lauderee...and Le V is the best! Don't miss out on their hot chocolate with natural vanilla or cinnamon options. For dinner I didn't feel like dressing up so enjoyed the V menu in my room. I highly recommend this option (and the lunch menu is great value/delicious).
Spa: I had four massages and a facial. Frankly, I'm not the same person I was before the treatments. I still feel fantastic and its been two weeks since I've been back to the States. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the young woman who gave me the men's facial but she was superb. It was my first facial but not my last. Tip: all of the massage therapists are best in class. Some places I worry that I'm not going to get a good therapists, not here. I don't know if they all went to the same school but they use a similarly peerless technique. The manager of the spa deserves every accolade. And, if she isn't in charge of a region for the Four Seasons spas (of if they don't do this yet) they should promote her. The gym is also very well attended and equipped. If you have time definitely relax in the sauna, steam room, and relaxation room.
Rooms: The hotel is currently going through a soft renovation. The style is still very classic but is updated. I will miss the damask and the gilt bronze door pulls but the added technology, new mirrors, tvs, are a big improvement. They are doing a fantastic job with the renovation but I wouldn't worry about getting a renovated room (there isn't a big difference).
Tips: make reservations in the evening if you would like to eat at the Galleria or the Bar, they will do their best to welcome you but they are often to capacity. It is worth flying to Paris from around the world if but only to enjoy the chocolate souffle with cassis.
If you are going to Paris this is the best option, by a wide margin. For a quick comparison-I had breakfast and toured the rooms and spa of the Mandarin Oriental and I feel sorry for the owners of this property. It just doesn't compare to the George V and charges similar prices. I also toured Le Meurice which is a lovely hotel but again felt that it doesn't compare to the Four Seasons (i.e. I stood waiting at the front desk for more than a few minutes before anyone asked me if I had been helped and the spa is a disaster). If you are going to Paris, stay at the George V, you are sure to have a magical stay in the City of Lights.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful. I prefer a high floor facing Ave. George V.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Goodmorning2U_11
Reviewed 15 January 2012

As perfect as we expected- we were so well looked after during our Anniversary weekend! The rooms are glamorous and timeless- and there are so many small little details that make it such an unforgettable experience.

The restaurant especially, is the best we have ever been to - as younger diners we sometimes expect to be looked down on in established restaurants, but the staff were so warm, genuine and accommodating and made the evening and whole stay truly special.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The hotel is really fabulous. The spacious lobby is lovely. The bar is cozy with excellent staff. The hotel's restaurant Le Cinq is indeed expensive but dynamite! ...Quite possibly the best service ever.

One of our bags was lost at the airport. The Concierge went above and beyond to check on its whereabouts. Once we realized it would not be recovered, Franck contacted a pharmacy, got replacement medicine we needed and had it delivered to our room.

Our French is limited and the staff made it very easy for us since they all seem to be fluent in English.

Our room was very quiet and comfortable with a nice view of their inner courtyard.

The location is great... steps from both the Seine River and the Metro.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed 13 January 2012

First trip to Paris, first time away from the kids with my wife and we could not stay in a better hotel. From the arrival time to the departure time I can not point out anything negative! Staff is attentive to any of your needs, flower arrangements around the building is speechless, hotel room is just what would you expect from 5* hotel. Top rated experience from our stay? Eggs Benedicts at the Le Cinq restaurant. Eggs are poached to the perfection, nicely round and after cutting thru this small beauty the egg yolk just runs out! Still wondering how do they prepare them to this perfect shape? Love this property and we will be definitely back but next time with our kids - before heading off to the Disney destination!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I love this hotel
Yes there is wonderful service, food, atmosphere, clean, rooms, location...yes its a palace
But building (Hotel Prince de Galles) on the north side of the hotel is closde for heavy renovation.
There is noise and vibration all day long.
So ask absolutly a room on corner Georges 5 av. and Pierre 1er av. or wait the end of renovation on the side before your next booking.

Room Tip: Because of renovation at hotel prince de galles, ask rooms on the south of the hotel if you dont want early wake up by vibration from workers
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business