Four Seasons Hotel George V
USD 1,401*
Agoda.com
  • Pool
2,654 results
All reviewsle cinqfloral displaysjeff leathambest hotels in the worldluxury hotelroom serviceconcierge teambeautiful hotelbottle of champagnethe ritzeiffel towerbeautiful roomfavorite hoteldeluxe roomchamps elyseesheart of parisvisiting paris
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to a trip to the Cote d'Azur. The common areas of the hotel are lovely, and no one does grand flower arrangements better. Our suite, however, was dowdy and dated. I've always wanted to stay at the Georges V, but now that I have,
will return to Le Meurice or try Le Bristol.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoveTheLuxeLife
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The rooms are of a great size with a two person tub. The romantic décor is to my taste food id the hotel was average.The staff seemed to have some trouble with my accent which I found really strange. Overall great for a weekend stay as the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Check in early for best room selection.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Before spending a few nights at the George V in October, I thought—really, secretly hoped—that I would be among those who would shower effusive praise on the hotel. I wanted to fall in love with this storied hotel as so many other reviewers seemingly have. Unfortunately, my experience left a lot to be desired. The George V has built a reputation on providing its guests with unparalleled service, but it is precisely in this area that it failed me most stunningly. I found the concierge to be particularly unhelpful and frustrating. They were dismissive and I often felt like I was being shooed away. On our first night in Paris, they booked a reservation for us on the Yacht de Paris. I approached the concierge desk a couple of times before leaving for our dinner cruise and each time I was told to come back later. I finally called from our room and a woman told me to stop by a few minutes before we were heading out to pick up a card with the information on the reservation. I did just that and noticed that there wasn’t a complete street address noted on the card. I mentioned this to the concierge and he shooed me away and told me I’d be fine—that any taxi driver would be able to find it. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case and our driver struggled to find the location. Additionally, we didn’t know what to expect from the menu at the Yacht de Paris. We learned at dinner that the only entrée offered that evening was lamb. Neither I nor my traveling companion care for lamb so we made due with bread, but it would have been nice to know such information beforehand. We would have maybe eaten a little something in advance or found an alternative to the Yacht de Paris.

The next evening, we tried to make reservations at Le Cinq located inside the hotel and we were told the restaurant was booked for the next week. We called the concierge and asked for alternatives. I specifically asked for a few options. It was a special evening and I didn’t want to take any chances on dinner so I wanted this to be a more collaborative effort. I never heard back from the concierge. Instead, an hour or so later, a messenger deliverd a card to our room with our reservation for the evening. When I called to inquire about what had happened (i.e., what happened to providing us with some options) I was met with indignation.
The last straw was when I asked for a recommendation for a nearby coffee/pastry shop. The concierge recommended Laduree. When I asked where it was, he scribbled something on a map and told me it was easy to find. At that point, I’d had enough. I never asked the concierge for anything else. Instead, we contacted the concierge at the Ritz London (we were there the week prior and returning for a few more days after Paris) who recommended a great tour company in Paris. We leaned heavily on our tour guide for places to visit and where to eat and shop, etc.

We also had a disappointing breakfast at La Gallerie on our second morning. The staff was scrambling to remember our orders. It was a disaster (runny and undercooked eggs; lumpy crème; they forgot to bring orange juice; they forgot to bring toast for the eggs; they forgot to bring a clean cup for tea, etc.). It was a shame because breakfast the day before was impeccable. Unfortunately, the second morning’s experience left such a bad impression on us that we skipped breakfast altogether the next day.

Finally, on our second night at George V, we had to phone the night manager twice because we were kept awake by very loud techno music from the room next to us. She didn’t do anything the first time so we recorded the noise on our I-phone and she eventually sent someone up and it stopped at around 2:30 am. The next day there was no acknowledgement of the inconvenience—not a call or a note.

Certainly, nothing I’ve described is the end of the world. However, for a hotel that touts its service above all else, the George V failed us terribly. I sincerely hope that our experience is an anomaly--that other guests are welcomed warmly and treated with more respect than we were afforded.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
26  Thank TravlerWashingtonDC
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We have stayed in a suite for 3 nights, and everything was perfect. The staff even managed to exceed our expectations, with those nice little touches that made our stay special.
We really liked the new bed, especially made for 4S by a renowed English brand.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Excellent hotel , perfect location in Paris , excellent service and staff attitude .
Only glitch no one hour pressing available (pressing facilities being redone ?) which is a shame for that category of hotel .
Very nice large room with very good comfortable kingsize bed .
Nicce large bathroom with bath and walk in shower.
Very serviceable staff , very efficient and quick room service
Otherwise perfect stay with perfect staff attitude !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business