“High Tea at the Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My wife and I were visiting Paris for her birthday. We booked High Tea Francias at the Four Seasons.
From the moment we arrived the service was superb, the manager of Le gallerie bar personally came over to welcome us(I booked through him online) and wished my wife a happy birthday.
The food was superb, perfectly presented and the serviced was highly polished, attentive and professional without being intrusive.
I would recommend visiting and I wish we had booked dinner at Le Cinq.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnandwendyt
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris

Reviewed 10 September 2011

If you have money to splurge go to the George V! What can I say, everything is just PERFECT. They think about every certain detail. Even things you would have never thought of that you might need or that might be nice. The bar is very good also. It is indeed very pricy but definitely worth it. It is a experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank let_them_eat_cake_11
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I spent 2 nights at this amazing hotel and it was worth every single penny. There is nothing bad to say! The staff are very polite and friendly, my room was fantastic and as a huge fan of high quality food i was very pleased with George V. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Most I've ever paid for a hotel and did I feel ripped off? No. The effort and detail that they put into service is truly overwhelming. Little bit too overwhelming at times: you felt if any member of staff produced a bad 'service encounter' they'd be taken out the back and shot. Staff seemed to have been chosen for looks, language skills and ability to smile.

Room was smaller than I expected and not my taste of decoration, but this was more than made up with a wonderful bed and bathroom. Spa was wonderfully restful until a couple of american families (servants in tow) decided to converse across it.

Food was outstanding. Even those breakfast scrambled eggs tasted better than normal - perhaps that was the beautiful room effect. Cocktails too, were wonderful. Special mention must go to those air orchids. They must cost a fortune, but they're worth it.

Would I go back? No, neither of us would. Can't really explain why. It's not the price, more the feeling that you're staying in a well oiled machine.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MartinRye
fsgeorgev, Public Relation at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your comment on the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us, that we have exceed your expectation on the food we serve and that our Team took good care of you while in Paris!

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again whether for a good meal or a cup of tea!

With Warm Regards,

Hélène Avril
helene.avril@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 5 September 2011

This morning I landed from Thailand at Roissy CDG , Paris . The flight was earlier than scehduled , 5h30am instead of 6h00. consequently I was able to get the Four Seasons George V very early at 6h30.
And what a surprise to discover a fantastic welcome , my suite was already available and a marvellous breakfast was waiting for me with fresh warm croissants , coffe and fresh orange juice.
Every detail was perfect : the breakfast, the amazing flowers, the fresh fruits and some deliciuos French " patisseries " with " noisettes " and white chocolate !
What else can you wish when you just have been travelling for 13 hours !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business