“Magnifique”
other travellers have booked this property
Artist's studio in house. Comfortable bed in white sofa.
A nosy neighbor named Pablo.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Artist's studio in house. Comfortable bed in white sofa.
A nosy neighbor named Pablo.
You'll have a rare townhouse smack in the middle of Paris.
One of our guests.
The same 1906 model that Ravel used to compose 'Bolero'
Hundreds of CDs and tapes hiding behind that palm.
Sorry, the model doesn't come with the bed.
There's no end of things to look at.
Your host, Steve, is second from left
Big living/dining room. Table seats 8.
Oil on canvas by 19th century minor French master.
A statue of a minstrel from medieval times.
Watch your neighbors stroll by as you eat. Of course they can watch you too.
We can't resist making things look nice.
If only you could tan through windows....
Your eat-in country kitchen...
...has all the modern conveniences, plus a stock of oils, vinagers, condiments, coffees and teas.
Bedroom on quiet garden with working fireplace...
If you sleepwalk you'll have lots of room.
You can cuddle up in front of a crackling fire.
Your Neighbors include 2 emergency doctors and 3 working artists.
Large upstairs bedroom...
has a working firelace and...
...an en-suite bathroom.
Another bathroom: toilet, bath, stand-up shower, 2 sinks and 2 hairdryers.
Same bathroom, opposite direction.
2 Metro lines. You can see the house behind it on the right.
Metros are clean, silent and easy to use.
The Luxemburg gardens, 5 minute's stroll from the door.
...Rent a little boat if you like sailing.
There are sidewalk cafés on virtually every corner.
More artist's studios across the street.
Farmers' Market Wednesday and Saturday 100 yards from the house.
It becomes an arts and crafts market on Sundays.
Montparnasse cemetery just behind the house.
Paris has art everywhere. This is a neighboring building.
An amazing fountain, 100 yards from house. It flows in summer.
The Catacombs, 200 yards from your door.
Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art,  100 yards from house.
Quai d'Orsay Museum (my favourite) 10 minute bus ride from your front door.
Two-minute walk to famous brasserie La Coupole.
Duc, perhaps the world's best fish restaurant , directly across the street.
La Mère Agitée, unique.
A favorite with guests; geat home cooking 30 yards from the house.
Where Picasso and his friends passed their afternoons.
Interior of La Rotonde.
As seen from top of Montparnasse Tower, 200 yards from house.
Walk to Notre Dame Cathedral in 20 Min.
Even the department stores are beautiful.
And cloudy days can be breathtaking. The Seine is a 30-minute stroll away.
The French just don't know how to do ugly! (Pont Alexandre III)
In fact they create beauty without even trying. (Pl Furstenburg, 20 min. stroll)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KevinHNYC
New York City
“Magnifique”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Eight of members of an extended family stayed in this gorgeous apartment in October 2014. The place is remarkable and enchanting. The collections are fabulous and interesting. The location is superb for seeing all that Paris has to offer. Steve is simply the very best. He is gracious, informative and willing to help at anytime. You feel iike you are in Paris in this apartment. If you are looking for a character property in Paris, look no further. Thank you for a fabulous holiday Steve. Kevin and the gang.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The character of the property and Steve.
Liked least: Nothing to list.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
ajax
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Travelling group: Friends
MaryKay29...
Tampa, Florida
“Loved our trip to Paris - Villa Picasso is Amazing!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My family of four (12 and 15 year old) and our friends family of four (10 and 13 year old) stayed at Villa Picasso for 5 days in July. We booked Steve's place because of the pictures we say online and because of the great reviews we read about it! We couldn't have picked a better place for all us! For not knowing Paris, we completely "lucked" out! The history of the house is amazing enough but the neighborhood is just as wonderful. We were able to enjoy seeing all the main "tourist" sites but were able to come home to a completely peaceful and friendly neighborhood. We pretty much followed all of Steve's suggestions and we were so glad we did! Valerie's restaurant is a must!! It was one of our most memorable nights in Paris. I can't say enough about it - I give it 5 stars and I am already dreaming of my next trip to Paris and staying at Villa Picasso!!!

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
William H
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Just got back a few weeks ago from a stay at Villa Picasso with my parents, wife, our child (14 months), my sister, her husband, his brother and my sister's three children (7, 5
& 4) and had the opportunity to stay in Villa Picasso for 6 nights. What a wonderful place to stay in Paris! Perfect location (literally 10-12 steps from the Metro)! Comfy beds! Great ambiance! It is an old house with loads of character, which is what we/I loved about it! We felt safe in the area too. There is a grocery right on the block across the street. Steve was great to deal with through the whole process and is probably one of the most interesting persons I have ever met! It was fun checking out all of Steve’s fun collections and art throughout the house which seemed to me to be a cross between a second hand book shop and an antique store. It was still very kid friendly. Mention to Steve if you are driving a car there, he will explain where to park and where not to park, etc. Also, since it looks like Steve addressed most of the past suggestions on here- my suggestions would be to print out washer/dryer instructions in English after receiving the make and model of the machine. Steve offered up lots of advice and was very accessible, which is something you normally miss out on with the rentals that you get in hotels. His best recommendation- be sure to eat at Il Barone! We hit the jackpot in picking this house! Steve even saw us off. A great experience all around.

Ease of booking Directions to the property
Key pickup/access to the property Overall condition
Quality of bedding/mattresses Kitchen/utensils quality
Cleanliness of bathroom Quality of facilities/amenities
Liked best: Location, Decor, Beds, Owner Hospitality
Liked least: tricky washer/dryer, shower temp control
Traveling group: Extended Family
My age: 35-49
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend? Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
The property was "as advertised". I recommend the location. The property was a good value for the price paid. The property provided wifi/internet access. My security deposit was returned on time.

christina...
Austin, Texas
“A special place!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Steve was really friendly and helpful from the time I reserved the place until we left. I traveled with my husband, brother-in-law and three young children (4,6 and 7) from Warsaw, Poland. We met my parents, brother, his wife & one year old who traveled from Belgium. We were still driving to Paris and my brother and parents met Steve to get the keys to the apartment. They said he was very friendly and spent an hour or so showing them the place and giving them the history which my family loved! You can tell he really takes pride in his home and making sure that his guests are well cared for.

It was plenty big for us and we all enjoyed the piano and ambiance of the home. It is truly a special place and a great location! The metro stop is right outside the door which made the return from our days adventures so easy and nice. I would highly recommend this place! Thanks Steve for your hospitality and beautiful home!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the piano and location
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing