“Could have been better”

USD 55.84*
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
USD 54.77*
and up
Montmartre Impressionist Art Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Musee d’Orsay...
USD 54.77*
Skip-the-Line Louvre Ticket and Montmartre Art Walking Tour Double Feature
Ranked #11 of 173 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: How will you visit Paris? With expats, or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services? Alex, Charlotte, Bertrand and Cécile are native borns of Paris. We share our city. We do not give you a standard tourist product, we treat you like a visiting friend, sharing our city's confidential venues along with our famed landmarks. Our Discover Walks tours are fun, informative and personal, so you feel part of Paris. Our group tours are free of price - you pay what you want. Private, paid tours are also available. 5 free tours to choose from. We now also offer a Night Tour. All tours are easy and comfortable, in intimate, small groups, in English, and run every day run or shine.Guests say Discover Walks are like exploring Paris in the company of a local friend.
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Very exhausting and the guide did not have all the info about pictures in the louvre that I was interested in. Wouldn't do it again

1  Thank Lotusflower4
There are newer reviews for Discover Walks

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We took Discover Walks tour of Les Puces flea market with Alexandre as our guide and were very pleased. He spent a very relaxed two hours with us, providing insight, history, and tips about the many areas of this huge market that we never would have discovered on our own. His enthusiasm was contagious.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Discover walks is a company that operates in various locations of Paris. The guides are only natives and are very skilled at showing you their city. Delightful ambiance during the tour, they are very accessible and will give you all kinds of extra informations to help you get the best of your stay in town. Did the tour in Marais and of the Landmarks. Both amazing! Make sure you tip them generously, they deserve it!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

If you want a real french experience you have to try discover walks in Paris!! It's the perfect way of blending in. Imagine discovering Paris by the hans of a true and real parisien....it's an amazing experience!!
I had the pleasure to meet Alexandre when i dia the Rive Gauche Tour and it was marvellous!!
I recommend it to everyboby!! If you go to Paris, you have to try it1 You won't regret yourself;)

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed myself so much that I took 3 tours during my visit to Paris.
(1) Latin Quarter w/Kevi: this tour met at the horse statue at Notre Dame. Kevi was fun and informative. He explained the history of the buildings which changed my entire focus during my trip. I have some of the best pictures of my trip because I had a better eye for the architecture.
(2) Montmarte w/Philippe: He was funny, informative and just an overall delight. I totally fell in love with Montmarte. We walked and climbed hills. Philippe answered every question and was quite pleasant to us and even tried to help me with my poor French. We had a great time and I did NOT tip him enough ... totally my fault, I didn't bring enough euros.
(3) Marais w/ Philippe again: Me and another lady showed up for this tour because we both enjoyed Philippe. Again, I learned a lot but near the end of the tour, I got distracted taking pictures and lot the group. Such a shame because I didn't want anyone to think that I fled without tipping. I posted on the website and Philippe understood. Truthfully, I didn't enjoy La Marais tour as much as I did the Montmartre tour --just wasn't as interesting. However, I did learn that every arrondissement has it's very own vibe.

I will definitely recommend these tours and hope to take the Landmark and Notre Dame tour on my next visit. BTW: Tips are expected but not pushed.