“Super fun cooking class!”

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 163 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super fun cooking class!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

While in Paris with my best friend we thought it would be fun to take a class in making macarons! Luckily we found La Cusine Paris and spent a cloudy day in a cozy kitchen across from the Seine learning how to make chocolate and pistachio macarons. The atmosphere was welcoming and friendly and very hands on. We had a great time. I'm hoping to recreate what I learned in my kitchen at home. And I will definitely make a return visit to LCP, the next time I am in Paris.

1 Thank Mrchatelain

• Hebrew first
Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must for amateur chefs!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

A fantastic experience. Coming from the small island of Malta, the experience of market shopping in the centre of Paris surrounded by all the grand buildings and boulevards was a great way to start the day off. I probably would have been happy just stopping there, trying all kinds of food samples from the friendly market sellers. It would have been lovely if we could have had a glass or two of wine too, however chef said we still had a long day in front of us!
The group consisted of a variety of very interesting folks from all over the world, and it was a pleasure to be in their company.The menu was made up at the market with input from all alike and fresh produce availabe. We cooked sardines and scallops, with a lovely artichoke/garlic/mushroom accompaniment. Followed up by pear tatin and creme fraiche. Finally, we were allowed plenty of wine at this stage, which went down quickly! Nearly forgot, the cheese board. As a non cheese affacinado, I had four from the five bought at the market. Fresh makes all the difference.
France sure is a country which deserves to be adored.

Visited February 2012
LaCuisineParis, Owner at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to talk about us via TripAdvisor. We are really pleased that you enjoyed the time with us at the Market Class. We have been lucky to have great relationships the Market vendors so they are always happy to welcome our group!
We are very pleased to have you join us all the way from Malta and hope to see you next time here in Paris!
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I attended a Saturday market class at La Cuisine Paris and what an enjoyable and educational experience. The small group choose items for the menu at the market and returned to the studio for the lesson. I learning to make some new dishes I have never attempted-sardines and some old favorites (artichokes) with a new twist. We all had the opptortunity to participate in each aspect and then enjoyed the delicious meal we prepared.
The diverse and friendly group made the experience so comfortable and enriching. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who has an interest in good food and cooking. It really was a fun day.

1 Thank JerseyJerseygirl
RICHMOND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellect for learning the basics of Croissant making”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have been cooking and baking for years and as the chef for the William Miller House in Richmond Virginia I have been making breakfast pastry almost everyday. However I was always hesitant to make croissants. This class and Pastry Chef Jenn has changed that now that I see how easy it is, with some planning and experience. Jenn does an excellent job of transfering the basic skills to both experienced and novice alike.

I would highly recommed this class to both categories. The class is given in English and the chef make excellent use of the three hours.

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I just got back from a trip to Paris, and my pastry class at La Cuisine Paris was by far my favorite part of the trip! Our class (taught in English, only 7 people total) was very informative and a lot of fun. We learned how to make a variety of Parisian pastry dishes (choquettes, paris-brest) and took home boxes of them. They were delicious!

I've taken cooking classes before and what I loved about this one is that in addition to learning how to make the current dish, the teacher gave us pointers for how we'd do this at home. I feel like I really took a way a good understanding of french pastry that I didn't have before.

Additionally, we had a chance to talk to the owner (from Chicago!!) and understand her story. It was great to chat with her and learn about her experiences in Paris. Plus, she gave us some great restaurant suggestions in the city. I have family that live in Paris and will certainly be back! I plan to take a class here each time I go.

Thank you!!