“on the corner overlooking rue cler market”
Review of cafe Roussillon

cafe Roussillon
Ranked #1,680 of 17,290 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Cafe on corner of Rue Cler. Very popular with locals and tourists. Free wi-fi. Great place for breakfast.
usa
“on the corner overlooking rue cler market”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I wanted a hot breakfast on my last day in Paris. I walked a few blocks from my hotel and down Rue Cler. The menu said "Full American Breakfast". Scrambled eggs, a large slice of boiled ham(cold cut) style. Toast and a cruissant. Orange juice and a fruit cup. Coffee, Coffee, Coffee. All for around 12 Euro. Take as long as you want to linger and watch the world go by. All the activities on Rue Cler are right outside the door. Big picture windows let you see it all. They were painting the exterior, and it was cold, so the outside dining was not an option. This is only temporary. In good weather it will be ready. I wish I had gone here earlier in my vacation. Must be good for lunch and dinner too, as breakfast was very good.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank commentmaker

• Finnish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Decent food”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We found this cafe bar whilst wondering the local streets. For the 3 of us the bill was €50 for burger and chips, which we found for Paris was reasonable. The food was very nice, service excellent.

Visited January 2014
“Brilliant find ”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were staying in an apartment just a few minutes walk from this cafe and ate in it on our last night because the place we planned to eat at was closed. For a second resort we were pleasantly surprised. I had shrimp risotto which was not only plated beautifully but was by far one of the best risottos I have had. My partner had white fish and the same critique applies. I don't know why TripAdvisor shows this as 4 moneys as it is definitely not even nearly expensive considering what we've been charged elsewhere! Nice, polite staff, fresh food, nice wine, homemade deserts and a reasonable price tag? What more is there to ask for?!

1 Thank Jef0809
Corona Del Mar,CA
“Bit Touristy, it Tries...but...”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Busy corner and lots of tourists stop be, and a few locals eating. The service is considerate, listening to them speak English the have a good attitude (I speak French) -- food comes with good pace but no rush - perfect. Quality was just ok, chicken was dry, salad and fries great --average overall, good value on the wine list. Nice busy atmosphere but not too noisy.

• Visited December 2013
Paris, France
“Good Food and Comfy Atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We have visited this little gem twice and never been disappointed. The specials are delicious, our first visit last year I had a roasted duck leg with roasted potatoes and my husband had a lovely steak with big grains of salt scattered on it and some fries.

Our last visit to the restaurant was lovely. We met friends. I again choose to eat a duck dish. It was a breast this time. It was wonderfully cooked with a bit of gravy on the side. It came with delphinese potatoes and a little salad. My husband again choose a beef dish, it came with fries and a salad as well. He thought it was very tasty. We also had a lovely bottle of wine.

We ended the night with a creme brûlée. It was a lovely evening and we will keep coming back.

• Visited December 2013