“Small but perfectly formed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apostrophe Hotel

Apostrophe Hotel
Ranked #222 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Travelling Londoner
“Small but perfectly formed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

The perfect boutique hotel where the owners have made attention to detail and service their priority. We were made to feel very welcome and special from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.
Room was small but very well designed and the hotel is in a quiet area but within walking distance of great bars and restaurants.
This is now our favourite hotel in Paris and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Rabstar32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

My wife and I found Apostrophe Hotel (in the Calligraphy room)to be an excellent base for our short trip to Paris. We arrived at about 8am on an overnight flight from Asia so we very appreciative to be let into our room early. The room was very sleek and modern but tiny. We had to unpack our large suitcases and store them downstairs. The hotel staff were very welcoming; two of them spoke perfect english and the other very little. We tried the hotel breakfast one morning and found it to be very nice but generally found better value at one of the many nearby eateries. The area surrounding the hotel was lovely; we walked to all of the sites in central Paris but there is a Metro stop almost outside the hotel for those wanting public transport.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jimmy452
PoemHotel, General Manager at Apostrophe Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you for you "five star" review. We can imagine that our rooms must seem small for someone coming from a big country like yours. Nethertheless, the size of our room is somewhat classical in Paris. We are happy to note that it was not a hyndrance for you to have a nice "séjour" in Paris. We are proud, however, to be one the few hotels in Paris to offer a breakfast starting from 7.00 € (until noon + no extra charge for beeing served in your room)
Bilthoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

The Apostophe Hotel is a wonderful small boutique hotel close to the Luxembourg gardens and St Germain. We had a delightful stay in the hotel for several reasons :
the hotel has small room, but very tastefully decorated, and with smartly placed furniture.
it also has great modern beds, unlike many other hotels in the same price bracket
besides that it has great (rain)showers with good plumbing, so it feels like you are under a waterfall
and lastly the location is excellent, within minutes from boulevard st germain, close to the luxembiur gardens and with the majestic restaurant la coupole at crawling distance.

Room Tip: the rooms in the corner are slightly larger
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Albany, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the Apostrophe and once again I was sad to leave because it is like my home in Paris. From the first minute I entered the door the staff made me feel fully welcome and valued. I was welcomed by Laurent who remembered me from my last visit. They had reserved the "Man" room, which I like because it is on the top floor and has a nice view. The rooms are not large, but the ambience and courtesy of the staff make this a rich and wonderful environment. The attention to detail and the environmental experience of the room (from color selection to lighting to selection of soaps and shampoo) are what make this hotel stand out as very special. Last year I stayed at the Hilton Paris hotel where I had a large luxurious, and wood-panelled but soulless room. I much prefer the Apostrophe with its carefully crafted hotel experience--the music system that lets you immerse yourself in your iphone tunes, the wonderful shower message, carefully planned color scheme and a bed that gives me a fantastic night's sleep.
The location is perfect--quiet and almost residential, but close to the RER Airport line (10 min walk) and minutes away from three different Metro lines-giving you full access to all of Paris.
On my next tripe to Paris my choice of hotels is simple--I will return to the Apostrophe.
I strongly recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Singapore/San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I've been to Paris several times, and this place was definitely the most hospitable from an attitude perspective. It was the first time I've been to Paris and didn't feel like I was drastically inconveniencing the front desk clerk with the thoughtless need to check-in to the hotel.

The rooms are quite small (smaller than other rooms in Paris), but the bed was probably the most comfortable I've had in Europe (meaning, it's about average for an American bed, but doesn't feel like you're on sheets wrapped over a board). Our room had the tiniest shower I've ever seen (even in Europe) with fancy jets spraying in many directions - conceptually it was fun, but in reality, the shower stall was a bit too small for that kind of spraying, and I ended up turning the water pressure really low to take a normal shower. Rooms were not great in terms of sound insulation, I was awakened several nights in a row by the neighboring people showering in the middle of the night.

The location is good if you want to be in the Paris of Parisians - near Vavin, between the South gate of the Luxembourg gardens and Montparnasse. It's a fun area to walk around, and is more authentic than more touristy areas, yet is only about 15-20 minutes from Notre Dame. The Rive Gauche is by far my favorite location in Paris, and this place is very good for wandering around and finding cute, authentic, french-speaking restaurants and cafes (especially if you stay off the big streets). It's in a safe neighborhood (much, much better than anywhere in the north), and my BF and I felt safe walking around, even late at night. Also, it has GREAT metro access - some of the best in the city, because of its proximity to multiple major lines (it's less than a 10 min walk from Port Royal on blue, Notre Dame des Champs on green, and montparnasse on green).

We were there for New Years, and ended up walking from the Eiffel tower because all the metro trains were full, which was do-able - it took about 45 minutes.

The only complaint is that we almost missed our flight due to the lack of planning of the night front desk clerk. We asked the front desk clerk to call a taxi for the morning the night before, and told him the time of our flight and that we wanted the taxi at 8am (flight left at 10:40, 25 min drive to airport). He apparently didn't plan for it to be New Years, and when we headed downstairs at 8am, there was no taxi in sight. He and the morning clerk were frantically calling numbers, saying "don't worry, don't worry" and then discussing in French that they couldn't find a taxi to come. We didn't get a taxi until almost 9am, when they called a limo company (which we had to pay for). I understand that new years was an exception, but it is also an event that happens every year, always with the same results. Luckily it worked out, but we were very close to missing our flight, and as a small hotel they didn't seem to have any sway with taxi companies, the way a large hotel would.

Room Tip: We didn't see the jacuzzi rooms, but the "pittoresque" rooms are ok with a tiny jet sh...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Singafornian
PoemHotel, General Manager at Apostrophe Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you for your lenghty review. We do agree with you on the fact that we are in a marvelous location (very safe and authentic), that we have great beds (even for American standards), that our showers have a good water pressure (which generally pleases greatly our clients) and that it is not bother at all to approach our front desk for any questions or concerns that you may have. Regarding our sound proofing, we have just upgraded the entire hotel with the best system available and we are working on improving it continuously.
Finally, we deeply regret the troubles that you encountered upon your departure. Although the Taxi had been reserved in advance it did not show up for reasons beyond our control. Be aware that the Taxi sytem in Paris is not the best regardless of the size of the hotel. Nethertheless we are happy that the receptionnist came through with another Taxi on a nick of time for your flight.