“Modern, not typical for Paris, but definitely worth a stay”

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Ranked #158 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Normally we prefer to stay authentic, but this time we made a different selection when choosing a hotel for at spring holiday in Paris. Everything was perfect, and the room had a good size since we needed an extra bed.
We would have liked a bathtube, but thats not to be found in every room, though a minor issue to us.
We really enjoyed our stay, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ALihn

Reviewed 3 April 2012

The location is just two short blocks from the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs de Elysee and very close to the metro which is perfect. The hotel is modern and and nicely decorated in an Asian fusion style. Rooms and bathroom are quite large (for Paris) with a full tub shower. We chose the deluxe room with a balcony which was slightly disappointing as it is a tiny space with one small chair and table but I enjoyed the chance to throw open the door and enjoy the sights and sounds of Paris city life. The distant vew is of La Defense and overlooks the local rooftops. The bed was too firm for my preference.

The staff is warm and friendly. They were very helpful in following up with Air France to locate our lost luggage. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of meats, fruits, juices, cereal and yogurts. It also served scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and pancakes. It is complimentary for platinum members and 30 Euro otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked a room for me and my boyfriend for a weekend in Paris.
The hotel is in a very nice are, close to walk to the Champs d'Elysee and nice restaurants within walking distance.
The room was very good and modern furniture. The service was very good as well as the rich breakfast. I would always recommend the hotel. One remark. Unfortunatley it does not has a pool and at the reception there is always the cooking smell from the kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is amazing!!! It's new, only 3 years old. I just love the location. When we arrived, you immediately see the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel is small from the outside, almost boutique like. There is a gym which has machines and weights. You can walk to to the Champs Elysees. There are 2 very close metro stations to walk to, one is 5 minutes away and the other is about 7 min away! The staff is very courteous and helpful. Apparently my husband's Marriott status was upgraded so we got free Wi Fi. Awesome!!! Also, they gave us a great bottle of Bourdeaux in the room. We had breakfast included which was very good. They had made to order eggs/omelettes with yummy pastries. I really liked the coffee machine they had.

The room we had on the 8th floor was huge (for Europe)! Loved the king size bed and big bathroom. I loved the modern look of our room. I fell in love with the mural in the bathroom. See my picture. I highly recommend this hotel!! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If a Marriott rewards member, book this hotel! Get a high floor for the views!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VegasLiza
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed here on business, only one night but wish I could have stayed longer. The room was probably the largest I've had in Paris. There was the cutest little mini-Eiffel tower keychain on the bed for guests. Maybe some might find it corny, but I thought it was such a sweet little detail! The bathroom was large, fully stocked, great shower. The entrance is tucked away in between other buildings and shops so you don't really see it's a hotel, the reception although small was mondern, trendy, cool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business