“Triumphant in Every Way”

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Ranked #172 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Triumphant in Every Way”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Renaissance Arc de Triomphe is located on the Avenue Wagram close to L'Etoile and its metro/RER stop. The location itself is convenient since it is in the center of the rive droite, but the reasons for staying there only begin with the location. The exterior of the hotel is modern and the interior even more so. The decorative lights extend all through the hotel with elevators that are a different color every time you step into them. The staff is helpful, thoughtful and truly eager to please--so forget your stereotypes of French service.

Our room was large (although I would not have called it a junior suite as they did) and tastefully decorated. It overlooked the Avenue Wagram, but nevertheless, was quite, both in the daytime and at night. The large windows (floor to ceiling) were curtained in such a way that you could see everything when you wanted and close out everything when you did not. Not the largest bathroom--but certainly adequate.

There is a large fitness room. They also provide towels and bottle water in the lobby for runners. I don't remember a pool.

The service for the room was excellent with frequent clean-ups. The turndown service at night featured a variety of interesting sweet tidbits from various locales in France. My husband especially adored the box of chocolates that looked like small pebbles (the box said that this was a specialty of Provence).

The breakfast in the restaurant was only so-so, and I would suggest that you frequent another local restaurant if breakfast is not included and you are expected to pay the full 28 euro price. (There is a Starbuck's and a McDonald's within a short walk as well as other typical French sidewalk cafes.) The dinner we had there was delightful, if a little pricey. The restaurant features a combination of Indonesian and French foods. My husband was very pleased with his plat which included skewers of swordfish, shrimp and chicken on a bed of noodles. Our bill, without wine, was 75 euros and that was for 1 appetizer, 2 main courses and 1 dessert. There are certainly better (and lots that are worse) restaurants in Paris at this price. But, we were certainly not unhappy with this meal which we ate the first night we arrived in France. It reminded us again of why we love France and Paris.

In all, I thought that this hotel as every right to share in the name Arc de Triomphe. It has risen to the top of our favorite hotels in Paris.

Room Tip: The junior suite we had on the fron of the hotel (6th floor)was lovely in every way.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Texastravveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night to celebrate his birthday this past weekend. The hotel is in a great location, just steps away from the Arc de Triomphe and the Charles de Gaulle metro stop. The hotel was very helpful even before we arrived. I had several emails back and forth with the hotel concierge and they assisted me in confirming a dinner reservation that I had previously made. I had ordered a bottle of wine to be delivered to our room upon arrival and was a little upset when it didn't appear right away. However, it did arrive after about and hour and a half along with some sweets. When the girl brought it to our room she said it was a "gift from the hotel" which I thought was strange since I had pre-ordered it myself. But, when we checked out it wasn't on the bill and when I asked I was told that it had been a gift from the hotel after all. I'm not sure where the mix-up came in, but either way it was a good bottle of wine and I was even happier when it ended up being a "gift". We didn't use the hotel restaurant at all but decided instead to try breakfast at a Cafe Lateral around the corner from the hotel (on Rue Mac-Mahon). Overall the staff of the hotel were very helpful (getting us taxi's, helping us into our room when our key stopped working, etc). We are planning another trip to Paris in the early summer and are planning to stay here again during that trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GVKelly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I see I'm not alone in having an extraordinary experience at this hotel this week. I was able to use points and a cash upgrade for this past weekend. (Apparently that isn't the norm for last minute reservations?). My broken French made for some entertaining interaction with the incredibly attentive and accomodating staff. The "Prestige" room had floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Ave de Wagram on the front side of the hotel. Noise was NOT an issue.

Everything was clean and colorful and really conducive to a nice stay. The Navigator had several options for tours, restaurants and anything we needed. There are numerous Brasseries, Bars, Restaurant and Cafes within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. We did not try the hotel restaurant but we were told it is outstanding by other guests.

The staff was beyond attentive, beyond accomodating and beyond just plain nice. They were fun too - and that made the overnight even more worthwhile. I am saving "quarters" for the next Paris visit to spend the cash and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The Facade view (even numbered rooms) looking onto Ave.de Wagram was awesome. We did pay extra for t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Probably2Picky
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Our first day in Paris and the Hotel was able to get us a room a few hours earlier than normal check-in times. The room as very clean with modern decor. The front-desk was very accomodating. Their breakfast buffet was out of this world. Very good food. This place is worh every penny from location to service and food.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Oregon, Ohio
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Remi our Navigator was outstanding and guided us well for our limited time. Took care of all airport transporation arrangements to every detail. The hotel staff leaves gifts each night which added such a special touch, very welcoming! Internet connection was spotty for wireless hook up.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business