“Disappointing. ”
Review of L'Etoile du Nord

L'Etoile du Nord
Reserve with
L'Etoile du Nord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,776 of 18,726 Restaurants in Paris
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here to have breakfast of some sort. Two French men sat next to us after we were seated were spoken to & offered drinks before us which I thought was rude to start with. We saw the board outside offering brunch & the waiter didn’t have a clue what I was on about then told me no anyway. It has a “stuck up vibe” so I’m glad we didn’t eat here.

Charlotte D, Manager at L'Etoile du Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on L'Etoile du Nord par Thierry Marx. Although we constantly strive to satisfy our customers, we did not meet your expectations and we apologize for that. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again soon and to eventually earn your trust - please feel free then to ask for me in person.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I visited this restaurant before getting a Eurostar train back from Paris (it is situated at the foot of the stairs that go up to the Eurostar check in area). As my wife and I had visited Paris to celebrate our second wedding anniversary, it was nice to be able to finish the trip with a very nice meal in an unexpected place (a train station). The restaurant itself is very modern looking - clean and spacious. And the food was really good! I had the sea bass (served with roasted chicory) with a side of vegetables (which came drenched in butter and tasted amazing). It is not cheap, but if you have the time when travelling, it is a nice place to grab a speedy but very tasty meal. I also saw lots of people just pop in for a drink and light snack.

Charlotte D, Manager at L'Etoile du Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Tim
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in our restaurant; we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your meal! For your next visit, change and try another of our specialties! ;)
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Best regards, Fabrice

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I had three lunches there, before or after travelling. Staff is young, welcoming, well supervised and service quite efficient, even if you're catching a train. Plats du jour are tasty, portions not small. A la carte is more expensive, of course. I enjoyed the desserts I tried, there again portions were rather large. My only suggestion: stop putting salad or ruccola (roquette) on top of hot food for decoration, it goes limp and is only a silly fashion fad!

Hi
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, we are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with L'Etoile du Nord par Thierry Marx! I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Well we walked all around trying desperately to find some to rest our weary legs for and hour before checking in for the euro star back London.
So we walked in and waited to be seated by the very polite young staff who were just lovely.
We only wanted a cuppa and a snack and we were honest about this the staff were still fantastic so we ordered our tea water and chips....
With no expectation to smash on an order of such things...
But they were still served with grace and WOW CHIPS THAT WERE CRISPY ON THE OUTSIDE FLUFFY INSIDE and hot for the duration of eating them great thank you nearly the best chops ever ....

Charlotte D, Manager at L'Etoile du Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi,

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Would definitely recommend this place for an easy meal before your train is due.
Very easy to be found.
Will be back :-)

Charlotte D, Manager at L'Etoile du Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in our restaurant. Positive feedbacks help us to strengthen our motivation and to continuously improve our service.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Best regards, Stéphane