Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lovefranceUK
UK

A perfect base to visit Paris

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Sept 2012
Just returning from one week at the Adagio Opera. Stayed in a 2 rooms flat with bedroom and bathroom above the living area. Compact but with everything you need. Woud be quite crammed with 4 people especially considering the little space allocated for clothes. But for myself and my son, it was perfect. No noise from the adjacent rooms but it is central Paris and quite noisy if you are not used to urban living. Location is great with many restaurants and cafes in the street or immediate vicinity (recommend Chez Clement Bld des Capucines). Also, great bakery in the street and of course, Le Printemps and Les Galleries Lafayette Bld Haussmann (if you are a food lover, pay a visit to Galeries Lafayette Gourmet shop - lots of fresh ready made meals to warm up or lovely food to bring back home - a must in my book). Lots of bus lines and tube station at the door step too. Free wi-fi in room. Big fridge freezer, a microwave, a coffe maker, a kettle and dishwasher is all new and come with sponge, dishcloth, soap, bin bags etc... Plenty of towels in the bathroom, liquid soap and toilet paper. Might be silly to mention all these but it is usefull to know that you will not have to buy all this when you arrive. Very secured too with card for your room also used to open the main entrance. So, a very good address for a carefree say. Might soon pricy but you will not get better in a hotel in this area.
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual contributor and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
AU$380
    AU$725
3.2 km from Aparthotel Adagio Paris Opera
Restaurant
View more hotels in Paris
All reviews great location air conditioning opera apartment street dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Spacious high quality service apartment in the middle of Paris, very close to the Airport Shuttle Bus at the Opera. Underground Metro is just a step away, with the city bicycle hire just outside the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamhhho
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed at the Adagio Opera for 6 nights in July 2012. The location of hotel is excellent. The Roissybus from Charles de Gaulle stops at the corner of Rue Scrbe/Rue Auber which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.There are also 3 other Metro stations within a 5 minute walk of the hotel and the RER Auber station which goes to Disneyland is also nearby.We had a few problems with the air conditioning in our room, but hotel staff were very helpful in trying to get this fixed and they offered us free breakfast by way of an apology. Our room was very spacious with a small hall with downstairs WC, main living area with full kitchen and 2 pull out beds. Upstairs there was another spacious bedroom with 2 single beds and a bathroom. There was also lots of storage space and 2 sets of french doors leading to a large balcony. Overall the rooms were very clean and comfortable. There were 3 grocery stores all within walking distance which saved the expense and incoveneince of eating out every day.We have stayed at several different hotels in Paris over the years but this would be our first choice for our next trip and i would thoroughly recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Larrytours
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Good little apartment , right in the middle of town, across from galarie Lafayette , close to Champs Élysées , around the corner from the opera. A bit far though from a lot of other attractions, and far from lots of restaurants, I don't think I would stay in this area again though. Apartment small so we took two rooms for the 2 of us , so we could have a tiny bedroom and a tiny lounge. We sayed for 9 nights, good kitchenette , but no washing machine, ha d to go to laundry downstairs on -1 level.The bedroom had 2 single bed, one mattress was very worn out , so sleeping was not very good, we had to swap beds with my husband.

Room tip: Ask for back rooms as front rooms can be very noisy very busy road
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnA818
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This place does not know what is the real meaning of "guest service". The staff existence is not to make the guests' life in Paris easier and satisfied - but to make it more difficult and make you feel you are not welcome. They are the rulers of their guests.

The unpleasant stay started with a request to make a restaurant reservation for us. As we were only staying in Paris for 5 days, we were very nervous on whether we could get a reservation during our time in Paris. We emailed the hotel before the trip and asked if they could make the advance reservation for us and no replied was received. After we arrived to the property, we told the front desk that we would need their help to make restaurant reservation. Just a simple phone call you would have thought. However, it finally took 3 days to get the reservation and for 3 days - our request was thrown from one person to another due to different excuses - restaurant not opened at the time of calling, never heard of this request, or simply cannot call for us at the moment. I was forever thankful to that kindhearted staff who was willing to call for us and get us the reservation. Prior to him, we spoke to 6 staffs without results.

The second and the great drama is the self-service laundry. So the washer charged 5 dollars of Euros where the dryer charged 2.5 Euros - all in coins. I asked the front desk if she can break my 5 Euros bill into coins and was told their petty cash box did not had enough coin and they need to keep it for their own use. Later after I got the change and when I tried the front desk again and see if i can "exchange" two fifty cents coins from a 1 euro coin. The front desk girl told me that she was so sorry that she could not give me the change either and if i need change, her supervisor suggested I should go outside to the supermarket to get it myself. I was so angry and decided I would not put 1 cent into the machine again. I eventually took out all my laundry from the washer and just hanged it in my room for drying. I cannot believe they did not try to help out the guests with their issues and wondered if they know what their profession meant.

After the reservation and the laundry dramas, we had no expectation to any staffs there as their supervisors seemed to lead the staffs not to help their guests. We had this one small questions about what is the options for the airport transportation from this hotel and we would have thought this is the least help we could get from them. So they said we could take a taxi..or a Roissy Bus. So we said we saw the sign of Roissybus around the area but wondered how far it is from the hotel as we had lot of luggage and we did not think we can roll our luggages for 2 miles. The answer is that they don't know where the bus stop is and we could follow the street sign and see where it is located. A normal hotel front desk should be able to pull out a map to show you where you are and where is the bus stop as they know most guests would appreciate to have a little help. The most scary part is that they did not even feel sorry or try to make any effort to make up for their ignorance. So we found out ourselves next days that the RoissyBus is just 2 block away from the hotel. 2 mins distance.

Also, aware one thing - the hotel lobby does not even has one trash can! The management is completely unwilling to offer any convenience to their guests...not even a trash can in a lobby. They only wanted to have less work for themselves.

With no doubts, this hotel is located in a very excellent and convenient location. Therefore regardless of their poor attitudes and non-existing customer services, the business sale might still be able to maintain. I feel the ACCOR Corporation is totally mismanaging this property. I am sure they acquire this property in a dear price but just let the staffs ruin its reputation (please count how many people here do not satisfy with the staff!!!). I would stay in Opera area again if I ever go to Paris again - but definitely not in this hotel. Who needs this attitude? If you can pay more than 250 euros per night, I am sure you have lot of better choice in Paris. I survived my stay because this was my second time in Paris and I really don't need lot of help besides those I mentioned above which all went into a trouble. If you are coming to Paris the first time and would usually rely on the hotel to help you with the local info, I cannot imagine what you can count on from those staffs.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank JupiterM6
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We had 2 apartments, 1 for 3 people and 1 for 2 people. The 3 people apartment was spacious but the 2 people was a little bit on the small side. We had everything we needed in the 2 apartments for self catering and they were conveniently located (2 metro stations, 1 RER, Roissybus all within 5 minutes walk). Our flat was on the rue Godot de Mauroy which I found fairly quiet considering the area. Overall, considering the hotel is in the centre of Paris, you get what you pay for. No more, no less. I found the staff to be fairly useless (20 min for what should have been a straight forward check-in and usually no helpful answers to easy questions) so make your homework before getting there.

Date of stay: June 2012