“Great technical class”

A World in A Pan
Ranked #8 of 158 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get off the beaten track to enjoy Paris and its cuisine differently ! Let us lead you on a creative & cultural journey where scents, tastes & displays come together to generate long lasting memories replicable in the comfort of your own home. Many ateliers to choose from: Market Discovery & French Cooking, Macaroon Atelier, Fashion choux Atelier, Pastry Atelier and more... For more details don't hesitate to contact us Deliciously yours !
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Extremely technical but in a good way. You will leave with new skills. She's great with kids as well . My kid do are 10 and 13 years old. Very friendly and enthusiastic . Wonderful experience

All reviews
"natural teacher"
"produce market"
"outdoor market"
in 5 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 4 reviews
"great class"
"pastry"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Before you picnic under the Eiffel Tower, and get lost in the the streets of Le Marais, your first Parisian experience should be spent with Perrine!
We had a lovely day with this exceptional chef. A guided tour, with a side of grocery shopping through her local market was inspiring - produce to bring back to her beautiful home ( with an Eiffel Tower view), to prepare a three course meal!
The best meal I've had pretty much - ever!
We have traveled the globe, and I can pretty much call it a day now.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Spending a day with Perrine was the best decision my husband and I made when planning a quick three days in Paris. From our first email exchange, it was clear that Perrine would provide a wonderful professional experience that would be wrapped in the warmth of her personal charm and enthusiasm. I'm a very competent cook but I still learned much during our time together - about cooking and about the culture and everyday life of a Parisienne. My husband and I visit markets wherever we travel but doing it with Perrine provided a local perspective that we wouldn't have by ourselves. Thank you Perrine!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We too had a wonderful time with Perrine. She helped us pick a menu we would enjoy. We shopped at great places for the ingredients. Perrine taught us the techniques necessary to cook the dishes. We then ate together and enjoyed the meal. Perrine was very nice, friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great time and would highly recommend A World In A Pan.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2017

What a treat! So glad we signed up for this class with Perrine from A World in a Pan!
My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and knew we wanted to take a cooking class during our visit to Paris. We feel the best way to get to know a culture is through its food and the locals who take pride in preparing them and always try to incorporate a cooking class when we travel. I researched many on Trip Advisor, but kept coming back to A World in a Pan.

We were so glad to be able to take class with Perrine! Communication with her from scheduling the class while we were still in the States was quick and easy. We met her on our assigned date, went for a market tour and learned some history about the farmer's markets in the area, visited a quaint fromage shop and a pastry/bread shop. Then we headed to her lovely apartment with a beautiful view to cook! She taught us very approachable dishes that were delicious and impressive and easily replicable back home! We made Cod with a yummy sauce, pan fried fresh tomatoes (tasted like candy!), cauliflower gratin, scrumptious (almost flourless) chocolate cake paired with a strawberry soup (drink) that was just divine; all with a French flare, of course! I have since made the chocolate cake at home for an Easter get together last week and it was received with such high praises -- everyone wanted the recipe -- it was THAT good! She gave us several different menu options to choose from, so dishes can be customizable to your liking or dietary needs. All recipes included!

Aside from the food, Perrine is such a delight! We really enjoyed her company and approach to cooking. It's a no fuss, no worry approach and we really like that. Cooking should be fun and creative and Perrine definitely makes it that way! We felt like we were just hanging out with a friend in the kitchen making good food, tasting delicious cheeses and having insightful conversation over a glass of wine.

We did sort of lost track of time, so our class went longer than scheduled. We didn't have anything planned until the evening, so we just took our time and enjoyed how the day progressed living in the moment (the best way to be on vacation, in my opinion). However, if you do have a packed schedule for the day, I would let Perrine know ahead of time so you can get the most out of your class within the time allotted.

Next time we are in Paris, I would love to hang with Perrine again and learn more recipes and techniques!

Thank you Perrine for such a memorable day! It's nice that I am able to revisit our Paris trip when I recreate the recipes at home in the sates. What a great feeling! This has definitely been one of our most memorable experiences during this visit to Europe! We can't wait to come back to this magical city!