“good stopover hotel”

Ranked #96 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne, Australia
“good stopover hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Great hospitality in a terrific location. Room was quiet but small. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room were modern but not really functional (espresso machine not good for tea). Very clean room with very easy walkig distance of some good tripadviisor restaurnts.

Room Tip: go for the larger rooms and pay a little extra if you feel you need it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki835

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed at Le Fabe from the 19th to the 21st of September and it was really wonderful! Alex and his front office team could not have been more helpful or patient. To give an example- I left the cord that goes from my camera to my computer at home and when I asked Alex where I could purchase a new one, he actually GAVE me one! What a difference this made to me! Where else would that happen? He was always helpful with restaurant recommendations and travel planning.

Le Fabe is only 5 minutes from the train and while it's not in the city centre, you also don't pay the price of hotels that are. Not only that, we enjoyed being in the district with the locals and tasting the authentic French life, going to restaurants and shops with the locals.

There is free wi-fi and it's fast and consistent. My husby has to work while we're away (sadly) and relies on high speed internet for his work. It coped very well with his needs!

We were in a superior room and it was roomy and well located, super clean and modern.

We had breakfast each morning and for 10 Euros we thought it was fabulous value. You could get a croissant, juice and coffee on the street and it would add up to more than that. There was delicious fruit salad, fresh breads, home made jams, toast, eggs, deli meats, cheeses, fruits, pastries of many varieties, cereal, tea and coffee.

I can't speak highly enough of the wonderful Le Fabe, and will definitely return there in the future. Thank you Alex and all your team for a wonderful stay. You made the start of our holiday a joyous one.

Room Tip: Based on other reviews we requested (and were lucky to receive) a room on a high floor (you'd de...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LilyMB
Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

My stay at Le Fabe was uneventful. Everything was ok. The staff was very helpful and the room was nice.
The problem of the hotel is the location. It is not near anything. There are not many restaurants nearby, or tourist attractions or the like. It's a peaceful residential area closer to the banlieu than to the main attractions.
Even though the hotel is 2 blocks away from the nearest subway station, the line serving the station is not a good one. So, every time we took the subway, which means every day, we had to change stations at Montparnasse - which is a huge station in which you walk a lot to change lines.
If you don't mind this, I guess it's an ok hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank macktheknifeBr
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

...but if i tried i could not find any fault with the service in this hotel. Each and every interaction with the staff exemplified customer service at its finest. I am not toalking about grand gestures, but the little things.. I ask for a corkscrew and they dash off to find one with my bottle in hand and open it for me; I need a recommendation for a resatuarant that would allow me to get out quickly and be back in time for my business call and they not only pick out exactly what I needed, but apolgized that it may not be Paris "finest". I asked for a taxi in the AM for CDG airport and the night clerk almost offered to walk me to the RER station to allow me to avaid the exhorbitant prices the taxis charge. Onl when I assured him that my company was paying did he relent. Finally I came down 5 minutes before my taxi in the AM. I did not opt for breakfast given the timing (a very reasonable 10 euros) yet he insisted I have some coffee and grab a croissant.

I travel the world on business (am just finishing up 2 weeks in SE Asia) and have even stayed at hotels where I was provided a personal butler, yet do not think I have ever had a hotel experience where the servce level exceeded my expectations like they did a Le Fabe. Oh, by the way, I loved the room :)

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street may be a bit noisy since there appears to be an abundance of those loud...
Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hammy2004
Pleasantville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I began our anniversary trip in Paris and chose Le Fabe as a result of Trip Advisors reviews...Le Fabe is a great value for Paris and we liked that it was not in the tourist area but by traveling 15 minutes to Montparnasse we got a feel for how the locals live. The BEST part of this hotel is the service...start with Adrian, Thomas and the gentleman in the evening that greeted us (sorry I forgot your names) after 1am each night to make us feel like we were home....They got something special here...don't hesitate ! Thank you !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple