“Excellent Fresh Pasta in Paris”
Review of Via Emilia

Via Emilia
Ranked #26 of 18,737 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We recently returned from a long hike, basically craving for a fresh pasta. We had luck to book the last table in Via Emilia after reading the reviews.
The owner of the restaurant himself explained the menu for us and helped us choose the perfect wine (I wish I could remember the name!).
The main dishes included 9 different fresh pastas (WOW). We chose 2 kind of raviolis - filled with ricotta and spinach and another with artichoke - both made perfectly. Our desire for pasta was finally fulfilled:) We had a great time- highly recommended

Eric D, Propriétaire at Via Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hi Weiss !

It was a pleasure welcomig you yesterday night in Via Emilia !

Thank you very much for your nice comment about our "Tortelli Reggiani" and "Mezzelune di Carciofi" !

The wine you had is called "Renosu rosso", cannonau grapes from Dettori in Sardegna.

Eric

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We booked having seen the strong ratings on trip advisor. Food was nice and very reasonably priced. Service was very attentive but felt we got a bit neglected/forgotten about when the restaurant got fuller. There was only really one guy serving all of the tables. Overall it was good but we were very shocked when the bill arrived and the beer my husband was drinking was €10 a pint...he was offered 2 beers on draft and chose from that. Overall food was nice at ok price BUT don’t go mad on the drinks, have your meal and then head elsewhere for a drink afterwards at a much more reasonable price. We were there on a Saturday evening and it was fully booked and they had to refuse quite a few people so I would suggest booking if you do decide to visit.

1  Thank SarahandBri

Hello Sarah, Hello Brian.

Thank you for your review. I hope you came back well in London. I would like to take the opportunity of your comment to explain Via Emilia's choices about drinks and especially our craft beers.

We decided to work only with the best. The "Ambrata" we have is from Tuscany and we are the only restaurant in Paris to have that beer made 100% in the fields of the producer. For the IPA, we work those days with Gallia, and Brian had the Session IPA.

The prices are : 5€ for a 25cl and 10€ for a 50cl. For craft beers of that quality, I think it is more than reasonable. If you go around up in Pigalle, you will be surprised to find industrial beers at the same price...

Anyway, the thing is that we are a restaurant and not a bar, we cannot have an happy hour policy etc. I hope you had a nice moment at the end, with your neighbour's table :-)

Next time you come to Via Emilia, first round will be on us :)

Eric

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We just experienced a wonderful Italian dinner at Via Emilia. The owner of this quaint restaurant was extremely helpful, explaining every item on their specials board. We had Scamorza Pancetta and Gnocco Fritto to start followed by Lasagna and Pear and Gorgonzola Ravioli, all of which was cooked to perfection. The service was excellent as well. We highly recommend Via Emilia.

Thank you so much for your very nice comment !

Eric.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife went here as it was near our hotel. Seen it on trip advisor and liked the reviews. We called in on a Wednesday night. We had the last table at 8pm. My advice would be to book in advance. Its a very small restaurant. The staff were extremely helpful and went through everything on the menu for us. We both had mozzarella to start. I had proscuttio with mine. I had the spinach and ricotta ravioli while my wife had the tortellini for mains. We had a lovely bottle of prosecco to go with our food and finished with a tiramisu. The food was amazing the pasta was made fresh. I would recommend this place. A really great taste of Italy in paris. We really enjoyed the intimacy of the restaurant. Bravo

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We had a reservation for two but found out friends would be in town so called the day of and asked if we could increase to four. This restaurant is extremely small and while I don't know the exact number of seats, it appeared to be about five tables for two people along with a bar which you see to the left of the photo, against the wall. They were able to accommodate our request by seating us at that bar (no booze at this bar but a wall). The food was authentic Italian and was fantastic! The service was very good as well. If you are traveling to Paris and are anywhere near this location you should definitely try it out.