All reviews aigle noir across the street honesty bar beautiful hotel honor bar merry go round few steps underground lot deluxe suite car park beautiful room wall paper traditional hotel buffet breakfast separate toilet free parking sitting room
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely people and great breakfast. Rooms nicely fabric walls and good showers !
Centre of Fontainebleau and easy walk to chateau and centre of shopping.
Forest nearby for beautiful walks and nature views

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Aigle Noir F, Responsable réception at Aigle Noir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear,

Thank you for your comment.

What could we add? You pictured our hotel so well.

We hope you will choose us for your next visit to Fontainebleau !

Armand
Office Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is pretty nice. Located in the center of this small town. The room is nice and the only thing that bother was that it was a bit hot and the air conditioner is not cold enough. The breakfast is great!! Recommended!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Aigle Noir F, Réceptionniste at Aigle Noir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your nice comment and we look forward to welcoming you to the Aigle Noir next time.
Emilie

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing it is.. When u have to think what was the best at this hotel.. About everything.. Absolutely.. Had been to INSEAD for a training course for a week and stayed here. People at the Hotel..beyond doubt the best. I personally would like to thank once again the manager of the hotel who helped me get my laptop back from the taxi I took to this hotel from Paris. Breakfast was super.. Could never had enough.. The building.. Itself very amazing.. Loved the wooden staircase.. Perhaps belongs to the 18th century too. Would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Fontainebleau. Thank you everyone at Aigle Noir for giving me lovely memories..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
It is a real pleasure to read that kind of comment and all the team of the Aigle Noir is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you in the future.
Emilie

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Beautiful hotel. The room was spacious, had a Nespresso in it along with free soda and water. The beds were comfortable - the room clean - and the bathroom amazing (even had a TV in it). The only issues we had was that the AC wasn't on. They had an unusual few days of 78 degrees (September 26 &27) and the room was quite warm. Opening the windows didn't help either. When we asked the front desk we were told they only had a choice of having 'heat or AC' and since it was Sept they couldn't do anything about the AC. Also, the elevator was broken 1 1/2 days during our stay. Being on the 2nd floor wasn't too bad but, moving two large suitcases down their stairs did become quite exhausting. The front desk was extremely nice - and like I said the overall hotel was good. Just the AC and the Elevator were issues (I know having an AC is a treat in Europe since I lived here for 5 years but, online it does say Central AC so that is why it was a little disappointing not having that amenity).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My wife and I planned our annual anniversary trip around a trip to chateaux in France we had missed during a previous Loire Valley visit, and elected to use Fontainebleau as a base. The reviews on TA for l’Aigle Noir painted a rather favorable picture, so we spent three nights there (late September).

The visit was top notch from start to finish. As a tip for those planning to stay here, the first trick seems to be parking in the underground public parking lot across the street from the hotel, as there is no place to actually park in front of the hotel itself. It is a “tech savvy” lot with an outdoor sign indicating how many open spots are available…and once down the levels, red and green overhead lights clearly indicate what’s open. Tight but do-able parking spots…don’t hit the columns! Then an elevator up, and the hotel is right past the merry go round to the right. By the way, each time you need your car, the front desk staff validates the parking ticket, so when you insert it into the machine upon leaving the lot, the gate goes up, no charge.

When we arrived at the hotel, it was only 11:00 a.m., so of course we did not expect our room to be ready. Our luggage was safely stored in a back room by a wonderfully helpful receptionist (great English by almost all of the staff, each of which were always cheerful and helpful), who went over the local map in order to show us the lay of the land, including some restaurant suggestions, the location of the Monoprix (a very convenient two block walk to the left), and the entrance to the chateau, which is an easy two minute counterclockwise fence walk right outside the hotel door.

We were upgraded from a Classic to a Deluxe room…no way for us to compare the amenities, but the Deluxe room was extraordinarily comfortable and roomy. We looked out of the back of the hotel at some roofs and backs of other buildings, absolutely quiet with the windows open letting in the nice fall air.

The walk in shower had options of rain forest overhead (a rarity in France) vs. a hand held wand…moderate power, great temperature.

There is a large in room safe large enough for a laptop or iPad.

Being Americans, we wanted some ice for the room for some imbibement prior to heading out to dinner (there is a small honor bar in the lobby)…and a small bucket was delivered to us within one or two minutes.

The TV offers CNN in English, but otherwise you are limited to French offerings…of course, we did not travel here to watch TV, yet it is fun to flip the channels and see what people are watching here.

The nicely sized king size bed was of ideal firmness.

The WiFi speed was good, with one very odd difficulty. Specifically, I could not access my home email either via Outlook or web mail. I called my ISP and they had never heard of this problem. I am guessing it has something to do with the hotel’s set up, since at our next stop, everything worked. I did not raise the issue with the hotel since I was able to work around the problem by accessing my home computer remotely, but if others run into this difficulty, it would warrant a solution.

The breakfast spreads were fantastic. Multiple options included scrambled eggs, sausages/bacon, multiple cereals, cheeses, smoked salmon, hams, of course croissants and pastries and breads, juices, good coffee with a dispenser for hot milk. There was plenty of everything. The room had nice ambience.

Our hotel dinner restaurant recommendations (they made the reservations for us) were great, I have separately reviewed La Petite Ardoise and the l’Air du Temps.

We obviously truly enjoyed our three night stay here, had literally nothing negative and only a positive experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple