The main thing about this apartment is that it really is as beautiful as it looks. Here are some detailed things to consider;
- spotlessly clean
- the balcony is huge with nice furniture, an umbrella and a view of the Citadel and the river. This outdoor space is amazing with lots of sun. It was a huge plus for this place
- great location. 5 minute walk to downtown area which is old and quaint with tons of shopping and cafe's,
- short walk to tram, and groceries, and a pool across the street
- 2 bedrooms with double bed, washing machine (no dryer)
- big TV and strong internet
- very fancy built in coffee maker with many settings
- a bike share at the end of the street which was very cheap and a great path on the river to ride along
- can take a tram and train to get to Paris in about 2 hours. Train ticket is about $100 Cdn.
- good blow dryer in bathroom
A few down falls:
- The BIGGEST issue I had with this rental was that I was told it was air conditioned, which may be technically true, but I personally consider it to not be air conditioned at all. There is no thermostat so you can not adjust it and the setting is so high that you need to open the windows and doors. And there are no fans. It was HOT. In addition to that if you have the doors wide open you have bugs, if you use the mechanical screens then you get almost no air. On top of that it is very noisy outside at night until about 2:00 am with young people by the river and noisy scooters.
- as a North American we could have used written instructions in English as we had no idea that there was a switch for a metal screen for the sliding doors - we had to figure this out on our own. We also could have used instructions on how to use the coffee maker and oven as it was all in French.
- a friend who speaks French was able to adjust the tv settings and find a way to change to English on a few channels. Again, written instructions would have been nice
- there are no towels
- if you are going to use the pool across the street you should know that all males must wear a Speedo bathing suit. No trunks
- the toaster had a Swiss plug therefore did not work in the apartment (weird). Thankfully we had a converter.
- it doesn't have a stand up shower. Instead it is a huge tub with a removable shower head. This isn't good or bad necessarily.
To be honest if it had proper air conditioning it would have gotten a 5 star rating for sure. Any other complaints are minor, and again, if we were French renters we would have figured a lot of things out on our own.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Families with young children|
Hostess only speaks French, contract is in French & includes an inventory of everything in the apartment. Security deposit of E300 expected upon check-in if not already paid online. Apartment is at the end of an access road, be sure to ask for the apartment number as it isn't included in the address on Booking.com.
The apartment itself is very modern with lots of windows & has a great view of the Citadel. Couch converts to a bed to sleep one extra person. If you are coming from the US be sure to ask them to provide linens (sheets, etc). One bath towel & one hand towel per person is also provided upon request. Washer is located in a closet in the toilet room, only spins up to 750RPM so be prepared to air-dry your clothes on the rack provided.
Overall a great experience :)
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|