“Lost in France”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Have been travelling to France for 2 years with work and have always looked for somewhere like this. Dim lighting, packed to the rafters with classic Rolling Stones music in the back ground, just a shame people can no longer smoke in restaurants. Food and wine were life changing. Was with some French friends who dragged me there to try the sardines (never something I would have dreamt of eating but now I am hooked. Wine cellar fantastic and did I say the food was great and the music and atmosphere and service.....

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Called in for dinner but partner required more than tapas. The owner said his wife had a Bistro not far away . So we went and found . Supper was excellent and staff excellent. So we booked for the following evening . Food very good both evenings . Be sure to book to avoid disappointment. I purchased a large glass which is fantastic to put a bottle of wine into and to serve from . Know on the list for next visit . Thank you. Christopher & Irena

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank ChristopherB259
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Having stopped in Reims for a couple of days, my wife and I decided to visit Le Coq Rouge.
Only a short walk from the cathedral, it was easy to find. A very small establishment but very welcoming.
I believe the person who served us was the owner, and he certainly oozed enthusiasm for what he was doing.
We decided on a couple of dishes, a fish starter followed by a cheese and meat platter. Both dishes were very fresh and tasty. These were washed down with a couple of glasses of local champagne (what else when you're in Reims??)

A great little find and definitely one to recommend.

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank 500kevinc
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

This is a very small French style tapas with an amazing ambiance! The owner is very friendly and great service. If I lived in Reims I would absolutely be a regular! We came early so we were able to get a seat without a reservation but there is a line out the door for a restaurant with 7 small tables. Book in advance

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Two blocks from the Cathedral, this tiny restaurant/bar is great. Food, wine list and service all first class. The caviar-truffle combo was excellent as were the sardines and the dessert tasting plate.

Date of visit: August 2015