“Lovely food and wine, a bit pricy”
Review of version originale

version originale
Reserve with
version originale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 469 Restaurants in Reims
Price range: USD 22 - USD 61
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The service was good and they were very helpful translating the menu for us. The food was well presented and excellently cooked. The place was buzzing and had a fun atmosphere. It was a great experience and we enjoyed it very much.
The only reason for not giving it a score of 5 is that it was a bit pricy when compared with other places in the area for what we had. However, we would come back again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Ordered the set menu for 44E and the food was good, though the amount was not very generous. There were 2 choices for appetizer, 2 choices main dish, and 2 choices dessert.

Server indicated that he didn't speak English (not sure if this is true), which is quite disappointing for a restaurant in a tourist area. I ordered "regular water" (in English) and when the bill came, I was charged 10E. Very disappointing to pay so much for water. In an entire week of being in France, this is the only restaurant that has charged me for water.

There were 2 servers for the entire restaurant. They worked fast but it was understaffed - which led to somewhat long waiting between courses.

Wish I had chosen another restaurant for my family for dinner. There are several Michelin rated places in similar price range in Reims.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening in August, based on a suggestion from the owners of the B&B where we were staying.

We opted for the menu du chef (€44 for three dishes). We started with a coupe de champagne. I was the only one to go for a starter, a superb carpaccio of noix de St. Jacques! A delicious starter. As main course we went for le blanc du turbot with asparagus, a terrific, tasteful fish dish. The two deserts were also great: my wife took the moelleux de chocolat, I went for the minestrone of mango sorbet with tiny sliced fresh fruits in a champagne sauce. Gorgeous! The carafe de Pouilly Fumé was also excellent (perfectly ice-cooled by the way).

We had a great evening and a lovely dinner!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Version was not busy on the night we went. Given the menu and the prices, it should have been packed.
But it is a couple of blocks from the Main Street.
We had the chefs menu. Crab and avocado and fish and beef.
All good! With some excellent service.
Like another reviewer said - just go.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Delicate and very well executed, fishes are perfectly cooked.
Welcome is professionnal and friendly.
Wine selection is short but well selected.
Menu for lunch is realy worth it.
Around 24 eu for starter and main course.
Everything is fresh, you can tell.