“Very comfortable and sweet gitte - value for money”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Gite-BA

Kitchen 2
Kitchen
Barthroom
Apartment's front view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Angela197...
Milan
“Very nice place, service should be improved ”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Our overall review - whose score could be higher - is influenced by a series of misunderstandings with the landlady Sabrina and some delays from her side. We probably did not have the luckiest approach ever: towels (which we had paid for) were missing, and Internet connection was down. It took a while to sort things out, with Sabrina finally being very helpful and doing her best to support us (even with the Internet provider, managing to give us a temporary access).
The flat itself is in a very nice location, facing the park on one side and the church on the other. Kitchen is ample and comfortable, the lack of a dedicated car park is not an issue, since it is easy to find spots along the street. Overall, a nice accommodation (although with a lot of steps given the lack of a lift!) at a cost which is in line with the (high) price level of Epernay. Probably, given the accuracy of their website, one would expect a more professional and timely approach to guests, and this is probably what they should improve.

27 Aug 2016
Dear Angela,

Thank you for feedback. I am nevertheless very dissapointed at reading this comment after all the efforts put in making you happy no matter what.
The towels were given to you the same day you arrived after we realised maid didn't keep them in there before your arrival. I wish you also had mentioned the gift you had Just to compensate on the fact towels were not there when you arrived, which is a very nice bottle of Champagne. I didn't have to do this, I really don't think you get this treat everywhere else you go. When I have any minimal issue of this type at a hotel or else, I am never gifted a bottle of Champagne or anything else. And I don't even expect that.

Regarding the internet connexion, it was totally out of my will or control but I did react as soon as you contacted me to inform me it wasn't working and got it sorted out in no time by buying a temporary internet box even if normally we had to wait for the technician to come fix it.
This type of issue can happen anywhere else. Also we do not charge our clients for Wi-Fi, we always kept it free of charge and unlimited.

Regarding the stairs, you were on the second floor of an old traditional renovated big French house right in the heart of Epernay, this type of treat does not come with an elevator. This would remove the charm of this house.

Last but not least, saying I am not enough professional and timely also reminds that you forgot to mention that I am reachable any time day and night, always happily answer my guests requests, even after working hours. Other comments show it, not only here but elsewhere.

Regards
Jacques T
“Very comfortable and sweet gitte - value for money”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed with 4 adults and one child at the 2nd Floor appartement .
Kindly hosted by Sabrina upon Arrival. We got very good advice on champagne houses and restaurants and go do tips in the area.
Enough space and large well equiped.kitchen .Good beds and comfortable living room and clean. Good WiFi .
Good location all restaurants and chopping within 5- 10 minutes walk.
30 min. From Reims., but Epernay is more cosy and closer to the wineyards. Nice champagne bar in the street.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Enough space for extended family
Liked least: Busy - noisy street
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Aug 2016
Dear Jacques,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Always a pleasure to receive great comments from my guests.
Hope to welcome you soon again in Champagne!
Buckminst...
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great apartment in a great location”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Great apartment with an amazing location, Bed was very comfortable, room was quiet and excellent shutters made for great sleeping. Kitchen was more than adequate. Bathroom, and everything else, were very clean (very cool shower!).

We had a car but you really don't need one. Parking on the street is metered but fairly inexpensive and easy too find very near the apartment.

Favorite thing was the location. You are a block off the main round about. You can find anything you want within a few blocks. Least favorite was well maybe the bed length ( I am 6'5" (195cm)). I don't fit on too many French beds!

The park across the street is beautiful! and great restaurants are just a few blocks away. I would recommend this to apartment to anyone!

20 Oct 2015
Thank you for the amazing detailed review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and would be more than happy to welcome you again in our rental!

Kindest Regards,
S.C.
Michelle...
Perth, Australia
“STAIRS, STAIRS AND MORE STAIRS”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

There we a couple of positives with our stay. The owners were very friendly and once you reach the top the apartment had everything you needed. Great location.
The negatives were that we are an older couple and trying to negotiate stairs on a very narrow staircase, three levels up was impossible. The owner was late and we had to wait half an hour for him to arrive after the office downstairs rang him to tell us we were there. If you are young and fit then this place would suit but not over 50's. You have to pay for your towels and cleaning but I would suggest that the owners include that in their rental price.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
13 Oct 2015
Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your review of our rental, unfortunately I'm quite disappointed with the rating on your review, 1/5 was a bit harsh don't you think? You two seemed very friendly and seemed quite content with the conditions of the rental.

Regarding the stairs, it is already specified on the advertisement that the apartment is located at the third floor, as I explained to you during the check-in (and as specified as well on the advertisement), we are located in a historical area and most buildings here are over a hundred years old and aren't built to suit an elevator inside, which is pretty obvious as you said the staircase is very narrow.

We weren't technically late but yes, the lady at the agency in the ground floor had to call us to let us know you were there so that we could finally proceed to the check-in. You forgot to mention in your review that you did not reply to my e-mails and didn't have any phone I could call you with, I called you multiple times on your Australian phone number that you provided on the booking detail and could only reach your voicemail every time. I tried texting you too to know when we could meet and ask if you had received my e-mail with the check-in time.

Towels and cleaning fees were included in the price, there were just specified in the detail of the invoice separately , I don't see what is wrong with that?

I hope next time you book online you will read the booking details more closely because it is a shame for a rental owner to receive a 1/5 star due to guests not reading entirely or properly the description of what they are paying for.

Kind Regards,
S.C.
Cheryl230...
Newcastle Nsw
“Excellent location - good digs”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We were very happy with the facilities in these digs. Plenty of space for the two of us. Good kitchen facilities.
Location is great, right in town, just around the corner from Champagne Avenue and walking distance to Champagne bars, restaurants, shops.
The only thing I would point out to be aware of is that there are not any bath towels supplied by default. We were amazed to think that anyone would even dream of bringing their own towels all the way from Australia! We then had some difficulty in getting the rental towels from the owner, too late, we ended up buying our own which was a real inconvenience. However, as long as this is not an issue for you, I would recommend this accommodation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Accommodation facilities and location
Liked least: No bath towels
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing