USD 81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 92/night.

USD 97
USD 104
USD 101
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 118/night.

USD 93
USD 87
USD 117
USD 103
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

USD 78
USD 66
Priceline
All reviewstrain stationgreat hotelsteam roomtowels were providedbeautiful city hallimpressive hotelindoor poolcentral positionmodern amenitieswould highly recommend this hotelde villeexecutive roombig showeremailed the hotelpedestrian areanice roommain station
Reviewed 15 November 2016

For our special 20th wedding anniversary I chose the suite for my husband & I. The room is normally charged 300 euros a night excluding breakfast ! Thankfully we paid a little less. We were expecting something nice for that price & for a 4 * establishment. We were utterly disappointed. Our room large & clean as it was , was virtually bear ! Talk about cold and unwelcoming. The "suite" comprised of 2 large beds, 2 small seats and coffee table, a table for tv and a table for the coffee machine. Thats it. We had a whopping space in the middle of the room which could of been a private dance floor. It lacked warmth, furniture, love, decoration .... If you come for more than one night forget it, we didnt have warbrobes and had to keep our clothes either in the suitcase or on the chair. There is a tiny closet as you walk in, big enough for 2 coats,thats it ! We had a jacuzzi style bath that was dangerous due to a fault and gave up using it after a few minutes. The house keeper informed me she was aware of the problem & that was it ! All in all we were incredibly disappointed with the room. I have emailed the hotel 3 times concerning my complaints, no one has bothered to reply. Unacceptable. Now to the breakfast. For 15 euros per head and a hotel smack dead in the town centre you'd expect FRESH food. Well you dont ! After some items had ran out (early on ) I asked the waitress for more. She replied yes but in 15 minutes as we need time to defrost them !!! Can you believe it? So poor. I will say though that the room was clean, the pool area also. Its next door to the train station & as I mentioned before right in the town centre. Parking is not free. We parked in free parking elsewhere and took the tram in, about 2 euros each. Parking is around 15 euros if I'm correct. We will not return. I only recommend if you need to be in the town centre. If youre looking for romantic weekend look elsewhere to avoid being disappointed like us :(

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5goosie
univers-tours, General Manager at Hotel L'Univers Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear 5goosie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel OCEANIA l'Univers.
Unfortunately, I notice that this one was not up to your expectations and I quite apologize to you.
Your Comments are extremely important because they help us to improve all our services.
Rest assures that they will be shared with them.
I hope that you will give us a second chance and that you will choose again the Hotel Oceania l'Univers for your next coming in Touraine!

Yours sincerely

Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This was my favorite hotel on our france to Switzerland trip. Very comfy beds, staff is very friendly and willing to help. Some rooms are small others have more room. I had a small one and my son had a larger one, this worked for us. Location is right in shopping, train, restaurant area. Taxis available as are trains. This was a very lovely hotel with great breakfast . Wifi was good, no mini fridge or hot pot was the only negative

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
univers-tours, General Manager at Hotel L'Univers Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your great coments and sharing them in Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcoming you again in the next future.

See you soon!

Best regatds

Reviewed 3 November 2016

When looking at hotels in Tours there was not a lot of places to pick from so we settled on this hotel. The rooms and bathrooms have been recently updated and for the most part the hotel is clean and comfortable. But for the price paid per night, I would say the hotel is lacking. Extra cleaning and attention to detail such as replacing lampshades with stains or cleaning stains off walls is expected for the higher price. In addition, I was extremely disappointed that our room lacked any type of fridge or kettle/coffee machine. Instead there was a empty shelf in the wall that appeared our machine was stolen from. Since the hotel lacked these extra, special details the hotel should cost 30 to 40 euros less a night. In addition, the service was lacking. Since there are not a lot of newer, modern places to stay in Tours I would recommend this place, however, do not expect much.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CMX_0301
univers-tours, General Manager at Hotel L'Univers Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear CMX80301,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel OCEANIA L'UNIVERS and for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.
We are very concerned about your comments, as they help us to achieve the level of service and quality you most naturally would expect from our hotel.
I sincerely apologize that you miss the fridge or kettle/coffee machine in your room.
Next time it would be preferable to book a higher category room with more facilities.
We have noted your preferences for the future and we would very much like the possibility to welcome you back again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservation.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I have two different ratings for this hotel.

For the actual hotel and room itself I would give this room a 3-4. The hotel is a little older, but not necessarily outdated nor rundown. We arrived by train and the hotel is just a short walk down the street, around the corner, and just a short walk further. I have to disagree with other posts describing the location of this hotel as a run-down area as neither the hotel, nor the nearby train station, are in an area that I would characterize as rundown (it is no less typical than neighborhoods in other French cities near train stations).
The room we had was newly renovated with modern features and kept very clean. The only thing about the room I found odd was that the toilet was on one side of the room and the rest of the bathroom on the other. While it is very typical in France to have a separate room for the toilet, it was very odd to walk across the room and around the bed to simply wash my hands.

For the service of this hotel and the attitude of staff, I would give a 1. After a very long train ride we arrived at the hotel a little past noon. Upon walking in the door to the reception counter I said hello and explained that I had a reservation. The man behind the counter was busy shuffling papers and looked extraordinary irritated that I had interrupted him. Rather than a friendly welcome, I received a one word response of "ok?" as if I had said something offensive. After being taken a little aback by this response, I proceeded to explain I had a reservation and started to given my name. At this time I was cutoff and very quickly explained that check in was not until 3 pm. Normally when traveling I have been to hotels that at least make an attempt to see if they have any rooms available and if not offer a place for bags. This gentleman did not seem to even care I had walked in the door, let alone try to help me. It was not until I asked if I could leave my bags that this option was offered.

Upon returning later to checkin after 3 pm, I again walked into the hotel to a different gentleman being the desk. Again, no greeting of hello or welcome. I explained that I needed to check in. I received a blank stare, followed by "ok?" as if I again had said something offensive.

Throughout my stay, I was never greeted once by staff when entering the hotel. I found this to be very awkward and unwelcoming. It was not until checking out that i had any pleasant interacting with staff as the woman being the desk was very kind and very helpful. It seems from reading a few other reviews of this hotel that the unfriendliness is not something I have been the only one to have noticed.

If you do decide to stay at this hotel, make sure to plan your arrival to exactly 3 pm to avoid any possible interruption of the staff.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rst86
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Lovely room at the top of the hotel with a separate bath (jacuzzi) and shower. Bed was large and comfortable. Service was very good with them offering help in finding a charger for my colleague's laptop. Wifi was good, hair dryer achieved it's aim. Lighting was ok but again lots of lamps. Towels on the small side though a dressing gown was also provided. Coffee and tea facilities in the room. Withing 5 minutes walk from the railway station. Close to an area with lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you to spend your precious time to put a comment on Tripadvisor and share with all the word your experience in Oceania l'Univers.

I would you like to thank you for your compliments about my staff and for the services.

I hope you will come back once.

See you soon.