“Good food and service”

Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Langeais
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2016

we enjoyed our meal here. The duck was very good and the apple pie dessert was very tasty. Most of our group enjoyed their meal but it felt a little rushed. Overall though a good experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Absolutely superb. With 23 people, on a tour in the area. Everyone raved about their food. The best duck they'd ever had, the salmon was delicious, etc. My vegetable courses and dessert were exquisite.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

On a tour through the Loire Valley with INSIGHT Tours, we went to dinner at the Errard Restaurant. The chef and the staff could not have been more welcoming to us. Serving a group of 20 or so is no easy feat, but they did it well - and the food was excellent. The chef even came out to toast to us AND he kissed us all goodbye. He reminded us of the chef from the movie Ratatouille. I had the duck leg, green beans, and scalloped potatoes formed into a circle. Yum!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We had lunch at ERRARD BISTROT a Friday in August. We were on holidays, wanted something light, and mostly wanted to relax.
When we arrived we were seated in the very nice terrace. We were given little time to read the menu, the waitress came to take the order and my partner was in the restroom but she wanted to take the order anyhow (she had already come once and my partner had been to the car to get a sweater and apparently she didn't want to come a third time). She seemed stressed and in hurry, something I understand because she's alone to serve the tables, but I also know that as a client, I want to be in a relaxed atmosphere ... I was asked if I wanted to have coffee too ... I asked if I had to decide right then, and she said yes, and I felt as if I were lining up at a "fast food" where the whole order has to be placed at once! So only one coffee and no coffee for me!
There was a choice of grilled chicken or fish. We ordered the fish. The portion was super small and too cooked to my taste, there was a small boiled potato or a portion of it, cut in 5 slices, with a portion of flat green bean on top, three slices of carrot, (total, less than one potato and less than one green bean, less than half carrot!!!!), and a portion of cabbage. It seemed simply boiled and felt no flavor. Boiled vegetables are ok, but with a dash of olive oil, or of hthe beautiful hazelnut oil they make in this area. I was disappointed.
The cheese platter came prepared, a salad with leaves that had reddish stems (that happens when it is not extremely fresh, and it is easy to cut them off), a slice of Camembert (why not a local cheese? There are delicious cheeses in this area), and a slice of goat cheese. Bread is made here and it was good. We had two glasses of Muscadet, which was average. We paid €41.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

We were greeted warmly by the staff as we entered Errard's Restaurant. The entree of warm goat cheese salad served with pork confit shavings was really delicious. I really enjoyed my main of slow cooked duck in Bourgeuil red wine & black currants. My friend had fish - Hake in butter sauce with veggies and delicious broccoli. He finished his meal with homemade apple tart with ice-cream while I enjoyed the Iced Nougat Gateau. At the end of the delicious meal Monsieur Yannick took us out the back to see his vegetable garden and frog pond. It was a memorable meal all round.