“Overnight stop on the way to the Alps”

Kyriad Prestige Dijon Centre
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Dijon
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Dijon overnight on our way from Calais to Morzine. It was an ideal place to stop leaving only 3 hours the following morning. Dijon itself is beautiful and I would have liked to have spent more time there. We stayed as a group of 4 adults and 6 children. The hotel is very central with an underground secure car park about 100m away. This was very helpful with our skis on the car. The hotel itself is lovely, clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The receptionist was amazing on the Saturday when we arrived and she went out of her way to book us a table for dinner and direct us there. A real asset to the hotel. However... the hotel has a tram line running past the outside, so if you are a light sleeper it can be quite disturbing. The other real negative was the rude, bad tempered, grumpy old man who was working on reception on the early morning of Sunday 19th February. He snapped individually at all of our children as they made their way to breakfast. Breakfast was decidedly average and in a very small room but a fairly good selection.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Kyriad Prestige Dijon Centre

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

We spent a night in the Kyriad. The room was pleasant, as was the shower/bathroom. However the bed was very uncomfortable and my back ached in the morning. There was a welcome kettle with an absolute minimum supply of milk, etc. Disappointing, as was our dinner, which was obviously reheated. Breakfast was adequate!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Through booking.com i booked 6 rooms for a Group of Friends. As usual, we could Book the rooms for free until one Week before the Trip. We had to give our Credit Card Details only for the reservation. To our surprise, this Hotel used my Credit Card the same day without informing us. A few Days later, we found a better Hotel in the Center of Dijon. So i cancelled my reservation and i got the confirmation from booking.com that there is Nothing to Pay. The first Week of October 2016, i got my VISA Account List and realized what Happened. I contacted immediately booking.com to ask why they used my VISA Card and they answered: You should contacto the hotel directly since we only give services. We went to Dijon on Nov 12 and visited Kyriad Hotel
To ask our Money back. The recepcionist was so aggressive. She told us that this Hotel always use the same day the Credit Card in view that they have Many People from Japan and China that they booked and when they don't get the visa to France, they cancel the booked rooms. The receptionist was so loud that we Wanted to Call the Police. At the end, we went back to Switzerland and took a lawyer. Kyriad payed back The whole amount and we never got excuse.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Kyriad Prestige for five nights whilst visiting Dijon. Booking was made online and two days after I got notified that the hotel authorized the overnight amount on my card. So far usual business, I worked in hospitality for a decade so I know what I am talking about.

Arrival to Dijon was smooth, traveling from Germany by car, only rush hour in Dijon was a bit of a letdown on the last kilometers. The hotel is well situated just at the corner of the central station square in Dijon. By walking the adorable old town and all main sights in the center were reachable in 10-15 minutes. Check in was rather swift and brief, the breakfast room was shown to us and then we were sent off to our room in the 3rd floor.

The hotel itself is categorized as a four start property and all amenities I am expecting in this category where actually found in the room. The design is somewhat modern styled with nice arrangements within functionality and fancy looks. The room itself was clean and well maintained.

If you are sensitive to noise you may want to ask for a courtyard room as the Dijon tram crosses right in front of the hotel. However we were not bothered.

We took breakfast every morning and given the small size of the breakfast room it was well organized and had a good selection of various options for the first meal of the day. Again you get what you pay for.

All staff that we encountered, besides one exception at check out were nice and friendly. Speaking about the only letdown was that experience when the person at the counter told me that she would now release the preauthorized money, so money that already had hands on and that they could use for the payment. Instead she resisted that the money needs to be released and I need to pay the overnights and extras in full now. After some discussion and making my point it was suddenly possible to use the authorization and we only paid our extras. In my eyes that was just lazy behavior and zero attitude towards the paying guests.

Anyhow I would consider this place again for a stay in Dijon...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Dijon waa a totally amazing experience. The Hotel is a 4 min walk from the Central train station . Rooms were large and bathroom was great. Bars and reataurants all around the Hotel. 500 mtr walk and you enter the most amazing old town I have seen. I have travelled the world and was blown away by the heritage of this place.

Stayed: September 2016