All reviews booked directly great location room was clean budget hotel underground parking one night hot water croissants minute walk free wifi train station lafayette euros france disconnected galleries centre
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

After needing to get off the alps due to bad weather and cut our ski holiday short by a day, we decided to stopover in Dijon for a little exploring.
This hotel was a great little find! Right in the centre so great location. It was so reasonably priced at £59 for the night.
It is a budget hotel so just the basics but for a quick city stop, what more do you want. Somewhere clean, quiet, central and cheap. This was perfect for us.
It still had a large comfortable firm bed which felt clean and nice, a large bathroom with a good shower. Nothing grubby. Just basic and functional. The breakfast was basic and functional too, great cup of coffee though. But there are also many boulangeries round the corner as well.
Another bonus of this hotel is its dog friendly, we didn't have the dogs with us this time but will be looking to use this place again as a stopover as we visit different parts of France quite often.
Good little find.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I spent three nights at the B&B Hotel Dijon Central.

Dijon is a delightful small city, with plenty of history and gourmet eateries. The historic past of Dijon is a pedestrian mall from one end to the other, a 10-minute walk. The B&B Hotel is smack in the middle of this pedestrian mall. A McDonald is kitty-corner away. The gourmet restaurants are about 7 minute walk. Right across the street is Galleries Lafayette. Dijon runs a free electric shuttle and there is one stop about 30 steps away. The Post Office is 40 steps away. A branch of HSBC is 45 steps away.

The B&B Hotel is modern. The furnishings are minimalist. I had Room 114. There is no room key, you use a code. My room was spacious. The bed was comfortable. The sheets and towels are very clean. Shower water pressure is great. There were 3 electrical outlet all at the same place and another one in the bathroom. There is no safe nor refrigerator. Lighting is excellent. My room has no view. The climate control system works very well. There is a 19-inch Samsung TV which I never turned on.

There is a problem with the Wi-Fi. It disconnect you every few hours. It is slow in any case.

A buffet breakfast is included. In addition to crossants and bread, coffee, juice, yogart, cereal, etc there is scrambled eggs and bacon done the English way.

I paid 54 euros a night, booked directly via a referral from the Dijon Tourism Office.

The train station is a 700-meter walk but a taxi has to go all over town to make it to the hotel because of traffic control. The ride is 7 euros.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the B&B Hotel Dijon Central.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank WWLL
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Arrived midweek having booked on line and got a good rate. I was with my son and this was one of the few hotels with twin beds. We telephoned in advance as we were worried reception might close but were assured that there was someone there 24 hours, which is always reassuring.
Our room on the first floor overlooked the street, but as really only the occasional bus passed it was very quiet and the windows are double glazed. The beds were firm and very comfortable.
The room was large and clean, as was the bathroom with large corner shower and tastefully decorated. Very impressed to find organic eco shower gel.
All the staff were friendly and helpful, all of them a real pleasure to speak to.
Breakfast was a buffet with cereal, croissants, brioche, scrambled eggs, juice and hot drinks, good value at €6.15, eat as much as you like.
All in all, I can't fault this hotel, it has everything you need for a very reasonable price and it's clean, quiet and very pleasant, right in the city centre. Oh, no problem with our dog, either.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and we were on the first floor overlooking the street!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Good room (clean, good bed/matrass, quite)

We took breakfast for 6 euro's. It was erverything we needed. Basic but more then sufficent.

We were there for one night on our trip to the south of france. Great location, next to an underground parking (10euro for 24h).
And in the city centre.

Cound't wish for more!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank an v
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Ground Zero Dijon. The location could not be better. The hotel itself is a retrofitted historical building across from the Lafayette shopping center. This is not a spectacular hotel on the inside and some rooms do not have great scenic views but the price is incredibly cheap and the quality of the rooms are what to be expected of B&B Hotels. I think there is room for improvement on the cleanliness as my carpet was interesting, but nothing alarming. Some rooms have toilet macerators so beware. My shower drained into the toilet pump and wanted to fill up quite a bit before draining, so the hotel has quirks like this to deal with. I see good reviews on the staff, I found them to be mediocre, but functional. Overall a normal experience and would recommend for a stay but you might want to be selective about your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the streets
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple