“Bad service”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The food was ok but service was horrible. Have a feeling that we were discriminated. My bf ordered the 16.50e menu, I ordered the moule frite. They brought his entre and my moule at the same time. It took them lots and lots of time to bring his main dish after my bf finished his entre. They brought his main dish when I already finished mine. How ridiculous is that. One man arrived after us was even served before us. No smile, no word of sorry. Definitely not come back later.

There are newer reviews for Voiles & Vapeurs

Reviewed 26 January 2015

Wandered up and down intra muros and eventually settled on this place.

Went in to one place and walked out because of the lack of service.

Obviously a team, himself front of house and herself doing the cooking.

Very good meal, serious fish soup for me followed by a proper St jaques main course

Herself the same, Chevre Chaud made her very happy. p

Prices were pretty strong but then again this was in the old citty.

Go again?

Yes we would.

Rhys

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Recommended by one of the locals who literally pulled us into the restaurant saying that THIS was the only place to eat! Great traditional Breton cuisine - try the 2 person seafood platter - GREAT!

Reviewed 10 October 2014

We chose to dine in Voiles (and there are a lot of choices in St Malo!) even though it was quite quiet when we arrived mid afternoon and we're glad we did. Straightaway we were made welcome by the lady and nothing was too much trouble.

Pretzels were brought whilst we made our choices along with a caraf of water. We went for the €15 set menu which proved to be tremendous value. We had super fresh mussels and fish soup served with garlic dip and cheese; both were delicious.

We both had the pork for our mains and it was really tasty, tender and plentiful. A reasonable white wine and a fabulous local cider washed it down and a complimentary calvados served at the table finished things off nicely.

We left feeling full and satisfied; well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were recommended to eat here by the hotel, and although it's small it has a nice nautical theme.
The food, it must be said, was excellent, as was the wine, and prices very reasonable.
However the service did not match. We chose a menu at 12.80 euros from a blackboard outside. When I tried to order a warm goat's cheese salad for my fiancée, the waiter said it wasn't on the menu, and only when I insisted did he check and discover it was.
When it came to dessert, he again insisted it wasn't included in the price, despite the blackboard apparently offering an entree, main (plat) and dessert. To cut a long story short it turned it the menu said 'entre + plat ou plat + dessert' but the 'ou' (or) wasn't at all clear. [In other word starter + main OR main+ dessert]
So it was a misunderstanding on my part. But that doesn't in any way excuse his short-tempered, surly attitude, almost shouting at me and making a scene in front of the whole restaurant.
Not recommended.