“Highly recommended”

Ranked #44 of 404 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2016

If you want really delicious galettes and crepes in Saint Malo, step outside the ramparts and walk around the marina, past the ferry port, to the Tour Solidor, where, in the little port, overlooking the sea, you will find an excellent creperie. There are two in this little cluster of unexceptional appearance of the outside belies the excellent and delicious crepes and galettes served inside. What makes them different is that many of the fillings are made from scratch such as soubise ( onions with cream and white wine) or forestiere ( mushrooms cooked with parsley, garlic, etc) If you can't make up your mind which combination of concoctions you want, then just ask for what you fancy! Good service and very good value for money.
I heard from some locals that the man who runs this creperie was trained by another excellent 'Crepiere' in Saint Malo before the owner retired.( Creperie Le Gallo)

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Such yummy crepes! Given that there are so many creperies in Brittany, I thought they would all be pretty much the same. Not so! We had an extraordinary meal here. We ordered our crepes with seafood and also some moules frites. All were SO FRESH!

Reviewed 6 July 2015

When I was much younger and living in Brittany, my brother and me were regulars at La Caraque, a great little Crêperie on Saint Servan harbour, near Tour Solidor.
I was nicely surprised to see that this favourite restaurant of mine still existed when I went back in the area after a very long time away.
The crêpes and galettes are as good and original as they used to be and the staff is always quick to serve you and smiling. A great place for a quickl bite or for dinner.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

A Sunday evening in May and we were in good spirits after touring and walking along the Brittany coast. We entered La Caraque and greeted the woman who apparently ran the place, la patronne. The patronne barked at us "Là ou là" ("there or there"), stabbing her finger at two empty tables and turned her back before I could ask if the table by the window might be available. We sat and ordered from the paper placemat menu. Then we waited. And waited. The room was hot, lit by some very warm lamps, and we had been in the sun all day. The kitchen must be a bit mixed-up, we said to ourselves, when we saw two orders similar to ours being delivered to two couples who came in well after us, including a couple now sitting by the window. I finally had to ask about the status of our order, something I haven't had to do in 10 months of living in France, by the way. "Two minutes" was the response, delivered without a hint of regret. I don't know if they just maybe forgot our order.

When they finally arrived, the galettes were generously proportioned. The galette itself was crispier than any galette I've ever seen, however. My subsequent honey-and-lemon crêpe was a shallow pool of slightly sweet and overly sour liquid sitting on a crêpe, and was not quite satisfactory to my taste.

Taking the order of the people next to us, la patronne actually interrupted them in mid-sentence in mid-order and left their table to deal with some folks who had come into the restaurant.

We skipped the traditional after-dinner coffee. The view of the harbor from the restaurant was quite good and it was an easy walk from our hotel in the Saint-Servan neighborhood.

2  Thank loclhero
Reviewed 4 January 2015

So, you've got to St Malo with an hour to spare for the ferry - what to do. Well, you could do a lot worse than searching out this place. On a quite Quai close to the Main Street (but difficult to navigate to through the medieval streets) this place is just a 5 minute drive (15minutes on foot) from the main ferry terminal.
Superb crêpes / coffees/ tea and friendly service.