“St Malo visit”

Ranked #178 of 393 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Called into here yesterday by chance as the three I saved on TripAdvisor were either closed or so packed there were no seats in or outside available at the time.
We were seated quite quickly but service was less than par, the food was ok. My crepe was incredibly thin barely holding its contents and burnt on the underside but still edible. My partner ordered the lunch set menu for mussels. The chips didn't arrive the same time, when asked the waiter said later; we had finished our meals and the chips still hadn't arrived, my partner had to ask the waiter for them again and that's when they finally arrived. The dessert for his set menu was left on the side waiting for a waiter to bring it to us for at least 10 minutes. We arrived at the end of lunch service as we know that 12:00-14:00 is peak period for these venues as the service was still poor. The waiter was more interested in making his own sandwich than servicing paying customers. I would have rated this experience a 2 but my partner was happy with his food and said it was a 3.
I don't recommend, unless you're happy to pay €€'s for a below average experience; I certainly would not return.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I visited for lunch as I wandered around St Malo old town. The service was good and the food was fine. Just about all I needed.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Our waitress was sweet. But our food was cold on arrival and one order was incorrect. The cider was on tap and not great. I saw the food sitting there but they did not have a good system for letting the waitress know it was ready. Cold crepes suck and the ingredients were mediocre. The coffee was not good either.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

On most cooking shows they talk about food with drama, and mean add some greenery or a different plate. This place has the most spectacular deserts I have ever seen! It is worth eating here just for the desert.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Nice food. I had the mussels and fries and my husband had a burger. For dessert had a caramel crepe. The only comment was the service was a bit slow and the staff don't speak English( and bear in mind I am not English and speak 3 languages,so am not lazy to learn languages) but would be much easier to order if the staff could at least communicate in English.