“Great food and staff”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cathédrale
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had lunch here and were very impressed by the food and the staff.
One of us had the menu du jour, and the other had a la carte.
Both were very good, as was the wine list, and also the local beers.
Thank you to the chefs and staff.
PS. Thank you to the Tourist Information Office for helping us make a booking.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Great lunch at Café Breton! We had a main and dessert and enjoyed every mouthful. The dessert we chose was their speciality, a salted caramel mousse. Amazing! The restaurant is nicely decorated and staff are lovely. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Charlotte0011
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We'd reserved a table at Café Breton on the strength of previous TripAdvisor reviews - and we weren't disappointed. The restaurant has a cosy, homely feel to it, and was bustling during our meal, which added to the atmosphere. Our starters were tasty - with a special mention for the prawn tempura which were proving properly - but the main courses were the highlight, with a number of tempting dishes to choose from. The pork comes highly recommended, as does the house salted caramel 'delice' for dessert. Three courses for two plus a bottle of wine came to €90, which was very reasonable given the standard of the food we were served, and the excellent service throughout. A must-visit if you're in Rennes.

2  Thank tomhourigan
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a meal whilst visiting Renne. We hadn't booked but the friendly staff managed to find us a table in what is clearly a very popular restaurant. The food is traditional French with a twist and good value. I found the sauce with my duck to be a little overpowering hence my rating of 4 but overall we had a very pleasant meal and evening and if in Rennes would certainly revisit

Reviewed 27 March 2017

This was an outstanding meal, perhaps the best I had the entire time I was in Rennes. The service was wonderful and warm, the atmosphere was lovely (although a bit tight, but that's France), and the food was original and delicious. I had the foie gras for my first course....there was so much of it that I had to share! Then, I had the veal shoulder, which was incredibly good, and the dessert (an array of mini desserts with coffee) was so beautiful and delicious that I thought I would cry!

3  Thank aph03