All reviews street parking balcony room pleasant hotel cafes and restaurants top floor smoked salmon la plage three nights an upgrade per day sea front pool area town centre standing stones sea view euros seminar
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The hotel is well situated near the sea and a good number of shops and restaurants but outside the centre of Carnac. We were part of a large group staying 5 nights. We had an upgrade room at an extra cost of Euro30 per night. As air conditioning was not required (weather a bit iffy) and time did not allow much use of the balcony i'm not so sure the additional cost was justified. However the rooms were nicely fitted out - the walk in shower excellent and all very clean.
We were not impressed with the high bar prices - even thought a bit of a ripoff. eg 2 large beers and 2 gins and a shared tonic costing euro 38. Buffet breakfasts good with plenty of variety and regularly replenished. Evening meals were poor and not recommended by many in our party. Avoid the Langoustines at all costs.

Room tip: See comments
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank David2Cornwall
Celtique56, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Plus Celtique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Adele,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Even if you did not use the balcony, the extra cost is justified because the room is better than the classic one (not only for its balcony).
I really thank you for underlining the fact that all was very clean.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Best Regards
Guest relation manager
Celtique Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent dining room with excellent food and superior service, curved balconies off the rooms, nicely designed rooms with a large and modern shower, basement swimming pool with an exercise bike, located in a nice neighborhood. Only defect is not enough parking in front of hotel, but easy to find on-street parking.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fredrit
reception56, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Plus Celtique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for your comment about your stay in our hotel.
Thanks for your comments, we are happy that you had a pleasant stay.
We are aware that in high season, the parking is complicated. Indeed, we have 15 free. During your next visit, remember to book a private parkig (paying € 10 per night).

Hope to see you next time.
Laure

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Booked an upgraded room here
at this hotel in Carnac . The duplex room was very nice with a sea view from the upstairs bedroom . The swimming pool was very good with extra features . Didn't have breakfast as were able to join our family on a nearby camp site . Did think it sounded quite expensive though .

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Celtique56, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Celtique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Kathleen,
All the Celtique Hôtel & Spa staff thank you a lot for your comment.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stayed with us.
According to the breakfast, I really advice you to taste it on your next stay since it is really good : there are many homemade things.
I hope to see you again soon and I wish you a very good day.
Best Regards
Guest Relation Manager
Celtique Hôtel & Spa

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here with friends last week in rooms 315 and 316. We were greeted by the Head Receptionist on our arrival and she was very welcoming and full of fun, I asked if we could have a balcony room (we booked through Brittany Ferries) but unfortunately the hotel was full, but she said we had lovely rooms anyway. Actually they were quite small and very basic but spotlessly clean and quite comfortable. The lady who did the cleaning was very helpful, she was English and helped us find places to go each day as we did not know the area well. She was absolutely lovely and changed the bed linen in the middle of the week and the towels every day, some days she was late doing the rooms but hey - this is France, you are on holiday - who cares!!! The breakfast was really nice, usual buffet sort of french breakfast but, again, the staff were superb and the service was great, although we did find it odd that the milk and tea was on the other side of the room from the coffee and sugar but - so what!! The only downfall really was that there was not really any lounge area, there was a bar with a few tables and (uncomfortable) chairs (apart from four red ones!!!) and you could sit outside if it wasnt raining, but apart from that there were no communal areas (apart from the pool which we didnt use). There was a pool table there but sometimes it was used as a coffee and snacks table for seminars, so you couldnt use it. We actually went to the Hotel Diana on the sea front in the evenings which had a lovely lounge area overlooking the sea and, again, the staff there were superb. All in all, the Celtique was ok, we wouldnt stay there again because Carnac itself has become so commercialised and touristy and has definitely lost its charm. The beach is beautiful but there is hardly anything open and the main drag reminded me of Kavos -- a shanty town!!!! However, I can find no fault with the Celtique Hotel it was really nice.

Room tip: Room 315 was quite nice overlooking the car park but noisy at night with kids coming out if nightclubs.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Celtique56, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Celtique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Lalli,
Thank you for your feedback since it is important for us to know what our clients like or dislike in order to improve our services. You booked classic rooms that are between 12 and 15 square meters. I am sorry to hear it was too small to you. We generally advice our clients to book our superior confort rooms since there are larger and have a modern decoration with balcony and italian shower in a opened bathroom.
I have noted your comments on Natacha and I will make her read your comment with pleasure. Thank you for her. However, I have to underlines that the cleaning staff makes the rooms that are on arrival before doing the rooms in which people already leave. It allows us to give you the room you have book the sooner once you arrive at the hotel. I am sorry to hear you thought there were no communal areas enough but with have many chairs that you can sit in.
In fact we sometines use our pool table for seminars : I hope this did not prevent you to play.
Finally, I am really sorry about the fact you think carnac losts is charm. Why do you note it? Our beaches and cultural heritage are still the same and the shops not only serves for visitors but also for the local inhabitants.

I wish you a very good day
Regards
Celtique Hôtel & Spa

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Very welcoming reception staff and dining staff But .... the bar does not serve wine!!!
In the restaurant, my main course and dessert were both served while my husband was eating his starter !!!

Therefore, my main was cold when I ate it, and the mousse type dessert had turned to liquid. The table cloths are plastic but for the prices charged they should at the very least be crisp white linen. Fingers crossed for a better experience at breakfast which costs €16 per person.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Eileen G
Celtique56, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Celtique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Eileen,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I spoke with my colleague from the restaurant about your comment, in order to find an explication. She was the one who served you. She explained you that it was imposible carry our bottles of wine in our bar since it was to small. However, it is absolutely possible to order the glass of wine you want, and my colleague served you one.
According to the courses, you had a "plancha", meaning that all your courses were served at the same time.
The breakfast costs €16 because it proposes you savoury and sweet meals, there are homemade and, cold and hot, in a buffet.

I really wish my explenation would satisfy you and that we would have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

I wish you a wonderful day

Best regards,