“Well Recommended”

Ranked #21 of 387 Restaurants in Brest
Price range: USD 20 - USD 49
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the commercial port of Brest, next to the marina castle, the restaurant "La Maison de L'Ocean" welcomes you all year for lunch and dinner, 7/7 in a marine atmosphere. Restaurant de fruits de mer au port de commerce de Brest Enjoy our specialties of fishes and seafoods. To note our grilled fishes, les incontournables de la Maison de l'Ocean.... and also our seafood platters. Also enjoy our seafood platters to take away
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I chanced upon the restaurant near the marina. Clearly frequented by locals and with a long list of reservations at the door, it seemed unlikely that I would get in. The waitress said that it may be possible. What impressed me next was the good customer service. After a few minutes she came back, motioned me aside and handed me an aperitif, on the house - as an apology for my having to wait for turning up on a busy Friday night without a booking! After a further 10 minutes a table became available.

The restaurant is fresh and modern inside, spread over 2 floors and overlooking the harbour.

Whilst I do not eat seafood, the many large platters in front of other diners looked amazing.

The chicken supreme and accompaniments were very tasty, as was the dry Bretagne cider and Ile Flottant desert, all at a reasonable price.

A good find, happy to recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this restaurant and it was just what we were hoping to find in the port....fresh shellfish served by a competent and friendly staff! The seafood tower is amazing and the prices very reasonable for entree, main and dessert and half a bottle of wine.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018

My husband and I discovered this restaurant quite by chance two years ago before we made the big move from the UK to Brittany, and we only wish it was closer to where we actually live. We visited last Friday, and the 19.90 Euro menu is extremely good value for money, with a fabulously fresh seafood platter as a starter, lovely fish main course (yummy lightly roasted potatoes) and delicious ice creams for pudding (although there are other choices too). In my book, it is always a good sign to leave a restaurant feeling pleasantly full and not stuffed! The staff were charming, jolly (in a good way) and attentive. I would highly recommend this establishment for a most enjoyable lunch. We will be back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I had opportunity to visit this place twice.
First time food was really frest and tasty. Sauces were out of this world. However when we camw back few days after spider crab was not as fresh as meat was difficult to take out and the sauce had different taste. Good but different than the last time. Will be back there for sure. Panacota was fantastic.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We dined at the restaurant last night - it was a nice looking restaurant with a modern design. We were given a nice table on the left of the restaurant which looked to be a VIP room. There were sliding doors to the main restaurant and the front of the restaurant. The room was REALLY cold and was made worse by the sliding doors being constantly being opened by the staff. The food in the restaurant was nice as was the wine. However when when we told the waiter staff and the front entrance manager that we were freezing they did not seem to care and all they did was try and not use the doors as much. It’s such a shame as the food was nice but why have a restaurant with no heating?

Date of visit: January 2018