All reviews department store great location hotel's service standard hotel reception staff ocean view room bars and restaurants breakfast room grand plage nice hotel nice breakfast clean rooms a great stay min walk main beach hotel is located alexandra
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The hotel is modern and clean. It's what you would expect from the Mercure chain. The location is very good, close to Grand Plage and many shops and restaurants as well as the casino. The rooms are nice but not exactly spacious. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christophe D, Directeur at Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Madame, Monsieur,
I thank you in choosing the Mercure Président Biarritz and for your message. My team and myself are very ghappy that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is with a big pleasure that we will welcome you again during your next visit in the Pays Basque.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Great location and views of the beach. However, no Accor silver member drinks vouchers and very poor WiFi.
Emailed ahead re Honeymoon trip but hotel offered nothing unlike other hotels durinf our break.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christophe D, Directeur at Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Madame, Monsieur,
Thank you in choosing the Mercure Président Biarritz and for your comment. I am sorry if the quality of service has not lived up to your expectations. Everything will be done so that it does not happen again and thus regain your confidence for a future stay
We hope to welcome you soon for your next visit in the Pays Basque.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Great location - easy walk to beach, shops & plenty of restaurants, cafes & bars.
Rooms are fine - tidy but small. Nice breakfast & friendly & helpful staff. The first WiFi didn’t work however once we spoke to reception they quickly suggested an alternative which worked perfectly.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christophe D, Directeur at Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Madame, Monsieur,
I thank you in choosing the Mercure Président Biarritz and for your nice message on Tripadvisor. I apologize for the Wifi but I am reassured that my team found a solution. My staff and I are glad that your stay went well and that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service of the staff : Friendly and helpful.
We hope to welcome you again,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel. Rooms are ok. It lacks a personal touch which makes it a bit anonymous. It’s definitely not in the city center. It takes a 20 minutes walk to get there. Breakfast is good, service ok. Price related to quality is good.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Christophe D, Directeur at Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Madame, Monsieur,

Thank you for your comment. I think you must make a mistake because you say the hotel is not in the city center and you have to walk 20 minutes to get there. But the Mercure President Biarritz is in the very heart of downtown of Biarritz. Your message is not adapted to our establishment. I am counting on you to withdraw your testimony.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

A really bad hotel experience. When we checked in we were told breakfast was included but when we checked out the next morning they said it wasn't and charged us €18 each for a cup of coffee and a croissant. The toilet in the room smelled of cigarette smoke, the curtains didn't close properly so the room couldn't get dark and it was so noisy I had to resort to earplugs - the only time in my two week stay in France, which included 2 separate hotels in central Paris, that earplugs were needed. This was supposed to be a 'Superior' room. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant stay in Biarritz and I was glad I was only staying one night.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Christophe D, Directeur général at Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Sir or Madam,

We thank you for taking time to post your comment. We feel sorry that your experience was so poor with us.
Regarding breakfast, there must be a misunderstanding as you receive yourself a booking confirmation via e-mail for a room without breakfast. Our receptionnists always give information for breakfast at check-in in case you change your mind and would like to have it.
Our windows are soundproof but as we are located in the city center on the main place, there may be some nights more noisy than others. We regret it deeply.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again one day

Kind regards