See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My partner and I booked Hotel Fontaine through booking.com the room online advertised that the Hotel was normally euro 180.00 but we got it for 120.00 so we thought we got a good deal, but when we looked at the room rates they were advertised as 120.00 all the time so we felt a wee bit cheated...it was a very small hotel looked nice from the outside...rang the door bell to be greated by a blonde lady who looked like she was angry that we had woken her up in the afternoon she greeted us with yes can I help you ? I said yes we have a booking to which she replyed oh let me check my computer she turned on her computer as I waited with bags in my hand she said with who ? that she was not expecting anybody...she looked online and yes infact we were booked to stay no smile no welcome just very matter of fact....
gave me the key of the room told me it was first door on the right room number 1 so then she explained the parking was up the road and we needed a card to access the parking....so we got our luggage and went to the room it was like a spare room in a house very basic...bathroom o.k. nothing to write home about...felt a wee bit over charged for what we got...we stayed in Etap Hotels and Ibis Hotels and they were just as good for euro 50.00 per nite...we headed out for a while and came back got into bed and people were walking up and down the street late at nite squeeky stair case outside our room and then the noise started outside people revving car engines shouting up and down the street...mopeds speeding up and down the street outside no air conditioning so we had to keep the window open so the noise was worse the noise finally stopped around 3am and we got to sleep...in the morning we declined breakfast luckily so when we went to check out their was an arguement cause we thougt the payment was taken the day before but apparently it was not the lady at the desk was getting quite excited about it...
We had to walk down to get the car to put our luggage in and then this hassel all in all a bad experience.....would not be going back...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Strawberybabe
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We - my boyfriend and I - liked this small and charming hotel very much!

It is five minutes by feet away from the beach and the market halls and a short ten minutes walk away from the city centre. The rooms are very nice and clean, "not too big", but very cosy and lovingly furnished. The staff is very friendly and also from outside the house looks very welcoming.Parking is a little bit complicated - there are possibilities for parking in a near parking garage (also appr. five minutes away), but therefor cheap.

All together, we had there a very nice stay - in the hotel and in Biarritz!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Price was high, felt like it should be 75 not 120 euros, but that could be Biarritz.

10 euros each for breakfast did not seem good value so we declined.

My reserved parking needed almost a one mile walk back to hotel.

Other than that we had a pleasant night.

Room Tip: Ask for parking by hotel ..... I had to walk nearly a mile to the reserved parking they gave me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Comfortable, well-appointed, very clean, small hotel! It's up the hill from the center of Biarritz (10 minute walk, tops) in a quiet neighborhood and several blocks from a nice park with a path down to the water for a stroll. The hosts were quite friendly as well! Breakfast included a cold buffet of cold cuts, cheese, cereal, breads, etc. We had yet to pick up a rental car, so I can't comment on parking. Happy to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jWBurns
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Lovely hotel for one or two nights stay. Due to noisy floorboards we were woken from the occupants in the room above us, coming in late. Other than that the hotel was nice and we thought the breakfast was as good as any other French hotel we have stayed in. Cold meats, pastries, cereals is norm for France and there was plenty for everyone. We walked into the heart of Biarritz in minutes, so hotel would suit young and old. Parking in August would have been a problem if we had not had the pre-booked parking space. All in All would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple