1,772 results
All reviews opera house le pressoir rooftop bar gordon ramsey restaurant junior suite concierge staff elegant hotel perfect location an upgrade breakfast buffet is beautiful room mini bar the heart of the city river cruise wine tour lovely city tourist office
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Couldn't have chosen a better hotel for a weekend away in France. The hotel is very classic in a well maintained building, although the room decoration is not for my taste, I do know how to appreciate a good work, rooms are stunning and the bed very comfortable. The rooftop bar is amazing for a drink or 2 before dinner and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicolas M, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We hope you will visit us again.

Nicolas M.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I am a Spire Elite member of the IHG chain which is the parent of Intercontinental and unfortunately do not have many nice things to say about this hotel. On the positive side, you will not find a better location in Bordeaux. So, if that is your criteria, and service is a low priority, then this hotel is acceptable. Otherwise, it seems to me the hotel is too large for the small staff and small lobby area. In addition, the staff was not particularly friendly or helpful. This ranges from problems securing our rental car despite reservations being made by the Concierge, to their general indifference about something as simple as securing a taxi for us in the evening. In fairness, we had a small maintenance issue in our room and this was attended to swiftly with an amenity and note from the front desk. However to be clear, this has nothing to do with my review. The staff needs some training as a destination for holiday travelers.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicolas M, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us, and for having shared your comments.

I am sincerely sorry to read that you have not completely enjoyed your experience. I would like to extend our most sincere apologies for not being able to provide the level of service you were entitled to, especially as a Spire Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club program.

Please be assured that our entire team has taken note of your comments, and that we will be working together delivering the best service.

Would you consider visiting Bordeaux again in the future, do not hesitate to contact me personally and I would make sure to make you enjoy the experience you were expecting.

Sincerest regards,

Nicolas

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a really great time here. The location is ideal. The staff were fantastic, friendly and really attentive. The room we had was immaculate, and really well stocked. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable! Breakfast was really good and definitely worth getting included in with the room. The rooftop bar is also a great feature. Overall, I couldn't recommend this more highly!

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the InterContinental - Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have enjoyed their time with us.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerest regards,

Nicolas M.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I wish that I could rave about something else except the location. So let's stick with the good news. If you want to spend some time in Bordeaux this hotel is within walking distance to almost everything that you would want to see. It is situated in a beautiful square across from an elegant Opera House. The hotel itself is very grand indeed although we don't tend to pick these types of hotels often.

The Gordon Ramsey restaurant in the hotel is absolutely phenomenal. See Le Pressoir d'Argent.

The breakfast buffet was quite nice.

OK, the not so good. The rooms are ridiculously small. It's nearly impossible for two people to move around in them. To be fair, that is typical in Europe. The bathroom is treacherous. I have no idea how more guests don't break their hips getting into the shower. The one sink is a pain to use when there are two people.

Now the bad. Nobody is nice. Nobody makes an effort to say hello or get to know you. Their attitude is that you are bothering them just to walk by the front staff. Never once did they say hello or make eye contact. The concierge was the worst concierge that we have ever dealt with. It took weeks to get a car rental done properly via email and when the day came for the car to be delivered, it was not done correctly due to their incompetence. Worse yet, they refused to man up and admit their mistake. The staff at the rooftop bar was also very weak. They could have cared less to help when we were up there. There are no towels for the hot tub and no attempt to help to find some.

Very disappointed in the service but you have limited options in the area as I see it.

Good luck!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hello Robert F,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that our location worked very well for your travel needs.

On the other hand, it is unfortunate that the room layout and the level of service you received negatively affected your overall satisfaction. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you have faced during your stay. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The room and public spaces were gorgeous. The indoor pool was like none other. The location could not be better. Above all, all the staff members we encountered were phenomenal in their courtesy and caring attitude. I would come back again and again and again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family