1,085 results
All reviews lake view city centre hotel restaurant is nice hotel swimming pool junior suite min ride the air conditioning secure car park ring road business hotel light rail tram service tram line comfortable beds stayed here for two nights beautiful city
Reviewed 30 September 2018

The last part of our road trip in Aquitania were 2 overnights in Bordeaux. With only about 36 hours to explore this amazing city it would seem logic to book some boutique hotel in the old center to be as close to the action as possible and not loose time in traffic getting around.
On the other hand parking anything bigger than a peugeot 209 in a garage that sometimes wasn't going to be near to the hotel anyway (and at no small fee either)
wasn't exactly my idea of comfort.
The 15 minute all highway transfer from Pullman Lac to the airport would also allow the 5 of us to have our breakfast in no hurry and still make our flight at 11:00 AM.
Staying in an area just out of town full of hotels catering a large area containing a congress center, exposition halls and a stadium may feel like another day at work
for some but the vast lake across the road does a lot to alleviate that feeling.
The light rail connection into the center of town stops 2 minutes walking from your breakfast table and for a couple of euros (4.70 for a 24 hour ticket and 2.40 for an evening ticket if I remember well) you tour the city without a worry in the world.
The frequency is perfect..we never waited more than about 8 minutes even late at night when we returned from the center around 00:20,
Pullman ticked all the boxes; no dissonants whatsoever and I must say that all contacts - if it were the reception desk, the breakfast crew or in the restaurant - were pleasant and all smiles.
If I spent more time than necessary at the desk it must have been because we were cracking jokes with the night porter whom we approached for information about getting around in town.
A minor issue was the time my friends were waiting to get a light supper (mainly pasta and hamburgers) in the restaurant but the fact they didn't make a point of it suggests the overall experience was ok.
With a daily fee of 8.50 for parking you're not getting robbed compared to the rates in town so all in all this accomodation will seriously be considered in case we will return to the area in future.

Room tip: Lake view had a nice breeze in the evening
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I use the Pullman brand often. They are reliable and of a good standard. I always place good reviews and give credit where it is due. However my experience of Bordeaux was poor. I had to book through an agency as I was running a local marathon. I could have chosen any hotel. I was put on a floor that was being refurbished. The restaurant experience was poor. No gluten free bread on 2 out of 3 days despite being advertised. Poor management, I dropped them an email, they didn't even respond they told me to contact the agency. I am an accor member but despite that, no upgrade, no welcome drink, no effort.
Pullman Bordeaux you have discredited your brand. I gave you every opportunity to discuss but you couldn't be bothered to do so.

I wonder if they have even added my points.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

It was a pleasure staying at Pullman Bordeaux. The front desk staff was very helpful.The check in was perfect.The room was wonderfulThere is a swimming pool at the hotel but I didn’t go.The lounge is very beautifulThe hotel,is across from the lake which is very enjoyable

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as part of a tour. Nice modern hotel in an area with a lot of other chain hotels like ibis. There’s a team that stops right out front along the lake. It’s a 20 min ride to the city center and it comes about every 20 minutes (1.70€) There’s a couple chain restaurants and McDonald’s nearby as well as a casino.

The room is spacious (sorry no picture) and the bathroom is ok. The toilet is in its own room so you have to go back into the bathroom to wash your hands. There’s only a shower wall so water can splash outside onto the floor.

Breakfast has a good selection of items and juices.

If you’re visiting the city without a car, I would recommend staying closer to the city center. The hotel is ranked a 4 Star but I’d consider it more a 3.5 Star. I might stay at an ibis or similar 3 Star and save a little money.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2018

A late check in but was easy with a very nice front desk staff. The room was nice and offered a great nice sleep. The breakfast looked great. The hotel had a nice location , very close to the Matmut Atlantique Stadium.

Date of stay: July 2018