1,300 results
All reviews great location st catherine the main shopping street pedestrian area place du parlement nespresso machine in the room central location bars and restaurants tourist office corner room noisy at night good size fourth floor booked this hotel would definitely stay here again city break side street
Reviewed 13 July 2017

An unanticipated change of plans required an overnight stay in Bordeaux, so an inexpensive but accessible hotel was desirable. A typical tiny, perhaps somewhat shabby room was expected. Oh, joy! The wonder of a pleasant surprise, so rare in travel these days. Quality Hotel Bordeaux Centre was central indeed. The room was spacious, and well equipped: not luxury by any means, but most acceptable. The staff were civil, pleasant and helpful. The environment was all a traveler might require. The city was charming. What a pleasant surprise: I wanna go back!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
FANNY2608, Directeur général at Quality Hotel Bordeaux Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear Alex B,

We thank you for sharing such a good comment concerning your last stay in our hotel.
We are glad our hotel and our team met your expectations.
We hope to welcome you soon for your next stay in Bordeaux.

Best Regards

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Bordeaux has a wonderful old town area to walk around and it is largely pedestrianised. This hotel is right in the centre of it and yet only 5 minutes walk from the nearest stop for the airport bus. The mirror or water is the epicentre of Bordeaux and you will return to it every day during your stay, it is but a minute's walk from the hotel. The hotel is surrounded by cafes, restaurants, bars, shops and lovely old buildings, but the bedrooms are quiet and really nicely air conditioned. The rooms are modern and bathrooms well equipped. Reception staff are most helpful - one of the internet routers (free) didn't reach my room on the top floor too well so they let me use the staff router. Breakfast is ok, buffet style but there are so many options locally for breakfast that next time I would opt out of paying for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camkwc

Dear Camkwc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bordeaux.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Visited Bordeaux in late June with two friends and the Quality Hotel St Catherine proved a fantastic base. All 3 of us had single rooms. Two of them, while small, were cleverly set out and felt perfectly spacious for our needs. The 3rd, on the top (4th) floor, was a little smaller so those wishing to maximise space might want to avoid that one. Not much of view as at back but this made for peaceful night so no complaints here. Facilities were excellent, room spotless, bed comfy, lovely bathroom. Only slight quibble was the hairdryer - old fashioned wall mounted and not up to the task of drying my long hair! We were "room only" so ate breakfast at the many local cafes most mornings but did try the hotel offering on last day - plenty of choice and good quality. Overall I would happily recommend & will look to stay here again when I return to Bordeaux.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon M
FANNY2608, Directeur général at Quality Hotel Bordeaux Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Sharon M,

We are glad our hotel and our team met your expectations.
We hope to welcome you soon for your next stay in Bordeaux.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I stayed for three nights in May, and I was very impressed. My room had a very comfortable double bed, a lovely bathroom with walk-in shower, a fridge which was most welcome as it was rather hot, and, a special treat, there was an espresso coffee machine too. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a good selection for breakfast too. The hotel is right in the centre nut in a pedestrian only street just off the main shopping street of Rue Sainte-Catherine. There is a supermarket very close as well as lots of shops to keep the shopaholics happy. Not too far to walk to the nearest tram stop either, and many restaurants and cafes all within easy reach. I was a little concerned about whether a taxi would be able to take me to the door of the hotel. I tried to pre-book one online, but they didn't get back to me, so I took the first available at the airport, and there was no problem. It seems as though most of the drivers have a card giving them permission to enter the pedestrian only zone.

The only draw back was that the WiFi was very weak in my room. I would have appreciated having at least one drawer in my room too. There was hanging space for clothes and shelves, but no drawer for odds and ends. I did appreciate the fact that the satellite TV actually showed CNN and BBC World News. I have often stayed in hotels in France, Germany and Spain which have shown only programmes in the language of the country with nothing at all in English!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear Ann P,

Thank you for taking the share your experience on tripadvisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Fantastic location and comfortable room with really great helpful staff made our stay in Bordeaux great. Located in the middle of the action it is a gentle walk to all the major tourist attractions as well as hundreds of cafes and restaurants let alone as much retail therapy as you can take. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking to share your experience at Bordeaux.