“Wedding of a lifetime!”
Terrace On Wedding Day
Trip Advisor Award 2011 and 2012
Second Trip Advisor award 2011 and 2012
New Salt pool / heated pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dublin, Ireland
“Wedding of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 28 April 2017 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I do not even know where to start! Got married to my partner in early August 2016 and choose Chateau Lagorce when we did a quick visit nearly 2 years prior and fell in love and booked instantly! The main reason we booked was Anna, with her at the helm nothing is an issue and your wedding is in the most capable hands! I do not know how she deals with all the psycho people getting married, and believe me I had my moments which Anna handled like the pro she is. Instead of giving a full run down of our wedding, if anyone wants more detailed info just send me a PM and I would be happy to get back to you. Overall, our wedding was the wedding of a lifetime and coming from a large family who attend weddings like it is a summons, everyone was utterly blown away by the venue, sun, food etc! To my mind, my wedding was the best EVER! I would totally recommend the videographer Laure and Photographer Mark, we had such a great time with them. Go for the fireworks, why not a cute vintage pizza van, or a traditional croquembouche!? The possibilities are endless while remaining in control of your budget! Thanks to Anna, Ed and family! :-)

greg_buck...
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Everything we could have dreamed of and more”
Reviewed 12 January 2017 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Where should I start on what was the best day of our lives?
The planning that went into the day was hugely supported by Anna and her fantastic views of how to make the day special.
We had a wedding group of 70 people with a mixture of family staying at the Chateau and in nearby Gites which worked perfectly from a location point of view.
On the Friday Anna arranged for a coach to take us all to La Table in Creon which went down well with the entire group.
On the big day the weather was in doubt but the sun came out and all Anna's reassurances helped us to forget about all the stresses. We had every confidence in Anna that it would all run smoothly and it did.
The flowers were beautiful.
Canapes were great on the terrace followed by an excellent meal of Goats Cheese starters, Duck for main & the amazing Croque en bouche... All the guests were very impressed, even the fussy ones! Of course this was washed down by great wines - just wish we had ordered more Rose.
Onto the night - we bought all our alcohol in both Creon and Haux which worked well. Lots of dancing, laughter was to follow and the DJ was great and had us dancing into the early hours.
On the Sunday we had a pool party, games and BBQ which the Ushers handled and also went down a storm. The Chateau was perfect for accommodating this.
All the guests that stayed were wowed with the chateau along with their large rooms.
We could not have asked for anything more, just wish we could do it all again. We will be back to celebrate another time no doubt.
We cannot recommend Anna and Chateau Lagorce enough.
Greg & Verity

Sophieand...
London, United Kingdom
“The best wedding we could wish for”
Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We found Chateau Lagorce on Trip Advisor one year ago just after my now husband proposed to me. I am originally from Bordeaux but my husband is British and we were looking for a place in the area where we could host our friends & family coming from the UK.

The first time I visited the Chateau, just the day after contacting Anna, I immediately felt in love not only with the place which is the most stunning place you could dream for your wedding but also with the kindness of Anna.
She has been here all the way for the preparation, answering swiftly and making sure we had the wedding we wanted, not hesitating to personalise every single bit she could to make it "our" wedding. Being from Bordeaux but based in the UK, she really facilitated our life coordinating every contractors involved in the wedding. Don't hesitate to tell her what you need, she will for sure find it and also negotiate the best deal for you! She is extremely kind, detail oriented and you can see she really enjoys what she does. Ed, her husband, was also very helpful and was available for any question and help required.

Now the place: it is just the most perfect place for a civil ceremony. We invited our friends & family, 100 people, for 3 days in August and we cannot count the number of people that said it was the most amazing wedding they attended and the best formula to do it over 3 days. Of course, when you are the ones getting married & having organised everything, there is really nothing more rewarding than people telling you how an awesome time they had.
Chateau Lagorce is ideally located in the country side but close enough to Bordeaux and its airport to make it convenient for your guests to come. There are also several options to accomodate extra guests for larger parties (as the Chateau accomodates around 50 people but our wedding was 100).
The rooms are large and comfortable, with A/C and half of them have brand new bathrooms.
We particularly enjoyed the bridal room with the jacuzzi on the terrasse which we enjoyed a lot being able to watch the stars just before going to bed every night.
The swimming pool is heated which means that you can use it whatever the weather might be which is a big plus!
The wedding formula comes with the caterer and photographer. Even if at the beginning I was a bit unsure about trusting someone else on such important topics, I was not disappointed: the food was AMAZING!! We chose duck confit and croquembouche for desert which delighted our UK guests as they are very famous french dishes. The staff was the nicest and they really made the extra mile to make the service as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
The photographer Mark is just the nicest person while being very professional. The best bit is that he knows the best places in the Chateau making sure you will have amazing shots. We were very happy with the result and also got the pictures very fast.
The flowers were also exactly what we hoped for and Anna really captured what we wanted by just sharing Pinterest pictures with her.
We also decided to go with a video of the day which we still think was a great idea! Laure, the videographer was really nice and it truly captures the day and feeling of the moment.
For the sunday night, we choose to have a pizza truck coming and really enjoyed the relaxed moment by the pool after the big day.

Should you consider a large family & friend reunion or wedding in the south of France, I cannot recommend enough this place that will make your occasion unforgettable for everyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole experience, the place, Anna & Ed
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
A TripAdvisor Member
“bedroom/ loo shower”
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

bedroom windows would not open . no lock on loo door .no class shelf in by washroom.
loo seat loose. plug in washbasin plug stuck open could not close off .bedroom r/h light not working plug socket loose on wall. sideboard draws all stuck shut .only thee hangers in
wardrobe. bookshelf s full of woodworm. no rugs on floor. i would not use the shower if you payed me a guest of the above

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Oct 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay at Chateau Lagorce.

Firstly I'm very confused by some of your points, as I believe that they are not valid points for complaint...
I have since visited the bedroom you were staying in, and the bedroom window does open, these windows are old and a little force needs to be used to open them, but the window that room is far from the hardest to open in the chateau.
Thank you for the concern with the woodworm, but this is not an issue as it has been inactive for a long time, indeed we have floorboards, and furniture in various places that has been touched
by woodworm in the chateau's vast history, but I can assure you none of the woodworm is still active.
The chest of draws in question is called an flip top chest of draws, the first 2 draws were never made to open but the "lid" on top of the chest of draws was made to flip open, the rest of the draws opened perfectly.
I don't really know what to reply to your comment about the rug apart from I'm sorry you didn't like our taste in decoration.

No one has been in the room since you and I see there are lots of coat hangers,also Anna went around all of the bedrooms just before your stay to check on coat hangers / to take some out as we have an abundance,but I'm glad you managed to find some somewhere.
I'm sorry we did not get chance to do a light bulb check before you arrived, and I know how annoying this can be, but again if you had just asked me to deal with it I could have had it replaced within minutes.
The wall mounted plug socket was very slightly loose, which can happen during a season, but I have rectified the situation, as it was wall mounted/ very slightly loose I can assure you it was not dangerous.

I feel your main issue with the bathroom was the size, and its true this bedroom has a small bathroom, and for someone either tall or large I'm sure it can be awkward, and although we have never had complaints before about this bathroom we will be renovating it this winter to optimise space/ make it comfortable for all guests.

The toilet seat was again marginally loose and I have now nipped it up.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and hope that you would not hesitate in coming back for a second visit at Lagorce.
Mike C
“Great location and hosts. But facilities need attention.”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

I attended a wedding in September. The location is great and Edward and Anna are attentive and helpful hosts.

However there are some important things that need fixing.

Most of the en-suites had serious defects, such as unusable showers and baths, including missing plugs and blocked sinks. Toilet seats are loose or don't match the bowl and shelves above the sinks are loose or missing. None of the bedroom doors can be locked from the outside which would enhance security when the whole property is occupied and some guests are not known to everyone else. And during the wedding itself when there are even more guests.

The kitchen has a dishwasher. BUT it's an industrial one for washing glasses, nothing else. We were a party of over 50, staying all week. Washing everything by hand was a major chore.

The kitchen has a massive double door fridge which was great. But only one, under the counter freezer that would be too small for our own home.

Finally, the WiFi is useless. At no time was I able to make use of it, even to check emails. I had to rely on my mobile phone and pay for the roaming.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great time and the wedding was a tremendously successful event. But the things I've mentioned can easily be rectified and should be. I got the impression that the owners are trading on the location and are not focussing on the facilities. Fix these and it would become a "fantastic" venue.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of a dishwasher
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Oct 2016
Mike Thank you so much for your review of our property.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and gave us a 4* review. I have to agree Olly and Zanes wedding weekend was such a success and the people I managed to speak to were all so nice and expressed to me how they had such a great experience at Lagorce.

It is so important to have constructive criticism as without this we can not progress as easily as a business.

I'm sorry you felt there were some problems, I am however a little confused why you did not take the time during your stay to raise any of these points with anyone?
A couple of minutes during your stay instead of a couple of minutes writing on tripadvisor would have been much more productive for both parties.

In reply to your comments:-

On arrival all bathrooms were cleaned and in the process of cleaning bathrooms the cleaners run water in each sink, if there was a blockage I would have been made aware by my cleaners, but i'm presuming that something happened during your stay, If someone had said something to me I could have had the sink fixed withing 30 minutes.... I am presuming that whoever had the problem with the sink managed to unblock it as when the sinks were cleaned again at the end of your stay for the next clients there was no blockage, and the next clients did not complain either.

Chateau Lagorce is a very old building which we have managed to keep the old character of the furnishings and decorations, including the doors (even though we have had to bring the chateau up to a high standard of fire regulations). The Chateau is let as a whole, as a villa all be it a large villa often enough a couple will rent the chateau for a wedding, and have their close friends and family stay with them on site and visit for the day of the celebration, for all of these reasons we do not feel it is necessary to have external locks on doors, but for privacy we have locks for the inside.

A point where I have to disagree with you is the dishwasher, which a lot of clients have said it is not just good but a god send, if you did not know how to use the dishwasher I could have explained this to you, you only needed to ask. There are racks provided for glasses, plates and cutlery,along with a button that clearly shows plates and glasses - it is such a shame you never said anything whilst you were staying with us -I'm sure youwould have been really happy with the speed of cleaning plates etc with the 2 minute cycles.

Over the past 12 years of letting the chateau we came to realise that a freezer is hardly used, hence why we only have a small one under the counter again its such a shame you never said anything whilst you were here, as although this is the only one in the kitchen we do have a chest freezer available in our stock area we would have gladly let you use.

I agree with you the wifi at the chateau is awful, although I don't think its too much of an issue to many people as most clients are here to celebrate a wedding.
The internal connections are in fact very good / completely open / free, it is more the internet connection.
It is however completely out of my hands as I explained to Olly I used to have a satellite connection, but the ping was so slow it was no use either.
I have strived to have the best connections possible but with more than 40 people on site it is very hard to have anything but slow internet when your connection is 512K.
I Know it is of no use to you but thankfully Gironde has received French / European grants and the small town of Haux is one of the first towns to get an upgrade to "haut debit",
so next year the wifi issue will be solved...... we will however keep the wifi FREE as we hate going away and having to pay for wifi ourselves.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing